Roku problem still.......

• so I've been having a problem with the Roku for the past 3 to 4 months the problem was the same before and after the Roku app updated. what happens for me is the picture will go completely black then it'll go solid gray and then it'll be like the picture I posted when this happens the audio still works well the picture is messed up. this happens completely randomly and it will last anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute and is very frustrating. if I back up 30 seconds or close the app or reset my Roku only about half the time does it fix the problem and when it does fix the problem it doesn't last long sometimes it'll happen 5 times in a single episode and sometimes I can go five or six episodes without having this problem happen. I contacted support before and I just got a generic response after 3-5 messages and they said it would hopefully be fixed shortly it's been months since then.

also it doesn't seem to matter if the show is old or new it does it for nearly every show I watch. also it's not my internet because I could go five or six episodes without this happening sometimes.

Is anyone else having problems like this with the Roku? I know it's the FUNimation app because I don't have any problems watching Netflix.

0_1487662770413_2017-02-21 01.35.45.jpg

• Ya, I'm having major Roku problems. Maybe half the time it won't allow input from the remote after 5-10 minutes and it freezes up after every single episode. Have to unplug the Roku to get it going again.

Just like you I know it's the funimation app because several others work perfectly. Different issues than you, but I think it shows the app is really bugged. Hopefully gets fixed sooner rather than later because it's pretty unusable.

• i have the same problem on all 3 of my roku's one of which i just bought just to rule out possible issues with the older models. last i heard from them on this issue is that they know there is an issue but they don't have a timetable for when it will be fixed. that was about 2 weeks ago.

• @rhcsavage21 said in Roku problem still.......:

i have the same problem on all 3 of my roku's one of which i just bought just to rule out possible issues with the older models. last i heard from them on this issue is that they know there is an issue but they don't have a timetable for when it will be fixed. that was about 2 weeks ago.

thanks for the info I guess it's time to catch up on my back log of Netflix anime. Hopefully funimation fixes this soon..

• Recently when I try to use my Roku to steam the whole app crashes and when I try to do it again it says that I'm steaming on too many devices even though I made sure to close it on my other devices.
    Whats going on it seems like the Roku app is just getting worse. To make things even worse it seems like the old app worked just fine.

• I have a Roku and have the same problems like, hycronie, some times app will not allow input from the remote and it freezes up after one or few episodes. I have to unplug the Roku to get it going again. I been sending tickets to support since December still not fix!

• @rombat said in Roku problem still.......:

I have a Roku and have the same problems like, hycronie, some times app will not allow input from the remote and it freezes up after one or few episodes. I have to unplug the Roku to get it going again. I been sending tickets to support since December still not fix!

i have same problem with roku. and the sites video player is just as unreliable but of course funimation staff insist that its on our end always the same crap its always cache,internet speed,history,IP address and DNS the last two are a joke since everyone is at default meaning what ever your isp has them set as so in other words if there was a problem most likely you wouldnt be on google lol

• I had the exact same problem that started a few months ago. Corrupted video, but sound was fine. Lately though now I'm getting a lot of buffering on my Roku. Doesn't matter what series I'm watching either. I don't think the video corruption has gone way, but I haven't seen it for a bit.

• it seems like earlier in the day I don't notice the issue as much but I have massive troubles past like 7Pm, also I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have the Roku box not the hdmi sick.

• Funny enough, the Funimation App on my Roku stick is the most stable version of the app I have, and that includes a PS3 and PS4. Don't get me wrong, it's still a pretty crappy app but at least the shows are watchable on it and don't buffer/stutter into a silent movie-like nightmare.

• I am having the same problem as everyone else. There also does not seem to be a response from Funimation at all on this. It is to the point now that that I lose the image 3 or 4 times per ep. Then I try to use the app on my android phone and I have to fight to get the dub to play. It is almost impossible to watch anything on any of the apps. I like the shows they have and would use it more but none of the streaming options work. The old app was not great but at least it was stable and you could move through the menus with out having to wait on long load times. I just hope to hear something from Funimation that they are at least looking into this. I pay for for my sub but I dread using it now.

• @nickdo i have the roku stick, the roku 3 and a roku premier+. all o which do the same thing. i have not seen any difference of performance between any of them.

• I get no response from my roku remote after the first stream. To be honest the connection is good and episode runs through fine, but after over I cannot go back to home screen or to next episode. I have to literally unplug the roku box and restart the app to start a new episode. There is literally no response from the remote or loop back to home screen after episode has completed. SUCH A PAIN!! I also have Crunchyroll and Anime Network and experience no similar issues on any streaming app!

• I specifically bought a roku 2 (needed ethernet not wireless) just to stream from funimation because there is no app for my sony blu ray player and this loss of picture nonsense is driving me crazy! It can't be the roku or my connection because netflix has no problems. I was trying to watch Tokyo ESP and I lost the picture about 5 times an episode. New shows are practically unwatchable because you miss stuff. Does putting in a ticket with support actually help at all?

• @acl636 said in Roku problem still.......:

I specifically bought a roku 2 (needed ethernet not wireless) just to stream from funimation because there is no app for my sony blu ray player and this loss of picture nonsense is driving me crazy! It can't be the roku or my connection because netflix has no problems. I was trying to watch Tokyo ESP and I lost the picture about 5 times an episode. New shows are practically unwatchable because you miss stuff. Does putting in a ticket with support actually help at all?

it didn't for me just got a generic response. other people stated that they've sent messages and haven't got any response/responses saying they're working on it.

• @heycronie this is exactly what happens to me too! It's absolutely infuriating that I have to unplug my roku and restart it after EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. That's why I let my funimation subscription lapse for a long time. I got tired of fighting with it. Let's hope they get their shit together and fix it. Their website is frequently buggy too.

• @beeclef I tweeted to them about it too, but was completely ignored.

• I have exactly the same issue. I contacted support, and they asked for more information. I gave it and now have heard nothing for over two weeks. They're not responding to Twitter either.

• This problem has been going on for 4 months on my Roku 3. How can there not be a fix for this yet? It basically happens in every episode.

I went out and bought a Chromecast because of it. How am I suppose to enjoy an episode when I have to constantly skip 30 seconds ahead all the time.

• @GaryDAI Only 4 month ... LoL .... when they came out with the first App for the Roku it took them 11 months to fix it and they really never said it was junk !!! but it did finally fix... Now it has been replace with another junk App " video crash all the time " welcome to the world of paying to beta test their App ... What can U do !!!

• I have the same problem. 2 Roku Sticks and an HD. All the same. It will auto play 1-2 episodes than the screen gets stuck on black and remote seems unresponsive. Have to unplug and reboot the Roku to start over. Getting sick of it.