CHAOS;CHILD Episode 3 810p ???

• What is this? Will you be re-doing the first episodes to have this quality option? Will the rest of the show have this quality option??

alt text

• Is this forum just for blowing smoke up Funimations you-know-what? For topic like "What's your favorite anime" and so on. I got a ton of info on this topic from people who have nothing to do with Funimation. Not one Admin could even take the time to say something like Hmm, That's weird. Just nothing. This episode does not have the same encode settings.

Either this episode needs to be re-encoded to match everything else. Or, Everything else needs to be re-encoded to match this. I was told that the video bitrate was 3500 for this episode, while all other 720p episodes are at a minimum of 5000. I was also told that the audio is AAC-LC, While everything else is HE-AACv2...Whatever that means.

The fact that I need to go elsewhere for answers is sad.

• I don't think Sophie has really been able to keep their eye on the forum and CJ I haven't seen at all on the forums. Everyone else that (usually) posts here have nothing to do with the funimation and usually don't have anything to complain about, because for most people everything works as intended or is able to get it to work as intended (I'd imagine anyway). And a small part of me says most don't watch through the browser but rather through one of the apps. Such as myself who would rather watch from his PS4, phone, or tablet. I find them easier (most of the time) and simpler to use.

• @ManOfNowhere does it not play? Are there quality issues with this particular episode? If not, I don't see how it is a problem.

• @Shirobane Here's an example, All the other 720p episodes (for all shows) have a video bitrate of 6500 kb/s, But, Not this episode. This episode has only 3500 kb/s. That's about a 46% loss in quality. This episode is not consistent with all the other 720p videos on the site. Not to mention that this episode has a magical 810p option, Whereas, No other show does...The powers that be, need to re-do this episode to be consistent with the rest of the sites videos.

I can't be the only one who expects some kind of consistency in a service they are paying for.

• LOL,i went up to 4K at site Launch!

• Hmm, It's obvious to me now that the forum is not the place to report glitches/errors and/or mishaps when it comes to Funimations streaming video service. I've only had my subscription 4-5 weeks. Where would one report such thing so that they can be corrected?

p.s. There have been several episodes from other series with problems like this. And others with on-screen text errors. I've watch several episodes of One Piece now were text remains on-screen for most of the episode.

• @ManOfNowhere said in CHAOS;CHILD Episode 3 810p ???:

Where would one report such thing so that they can be corrected?

Contact Customer Support: https://www.funimation.com/contact-us/#site-support

The support team doesn't monitor the forums, on a regular basis at least.

• @Nobu said in CHAOS;CHILD Episode 3 810p ???:

@ManOfNowhere said in CHAOS;CHILD Episode 3 810p ???:

Where would one report such thing so that they can be corrected?

Contact Customer Support: https://www.funimation.com/contact-us/#site-support

The support team doesn't monitor the forums, on a regular basis at least.

If you're on Twitter, I'd also recommend sending them a message @FunimationHelp. You might get a faster response that way.

• @ManOfNowhere said in CHAOS;CHILD Episode 3 810p ???:

Hmm, It's obvious to me now that the forum is not the place to report glitches/errors and/or mishaps when it comes to Funimations streaming video service.

Really? They really should make a post saying that exact thing and sticky it to the top of the forum. If I were them I would also get a time machine and do all this three years ago...