Gosick Announcement

• So, Funimation just put out this tweet: https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/831684524102803457

The image is obviously from Gosick, so I can only assume that means they've picked up the license. I don't know who used to have it before, if anyone ever actually did for an official release in the US, but I'm glad to see it come to familiar territory.

That being said, what are the odds that it's actually going to get a dub? If anybody would do it, it's Funimation, but I've seen a lot of older series come up lately that end up getting released with no dub. I'm probably coming off too cynical here, but I feel like it just happens every now and then.

• Bandai had it, but closed down before they could do anything.

He edited his tweet, but Clifford Chapin did confirm Gosick will be dubbed. its his next project

• Oh my gosh. All of my persistent nagging and asking on threads and Facebook posts paid off. When The Mystic Archives of Dantalian was announced I was so hopeful that we would get Gosick AND NOW WE ARE!

Pretty soon all my unliscensed grail series shall soon be mine!

alt text

Now I just wait impatiently in anticipation.

alt text

• Oh, okay.
    I'm... kind of sad that it's getting a dub, because when I like series that don't have a dub, I tend to come up with my ideal cast for them, and imagine a perfect dub, full of all my favorite voice actors and like... the real thing will obviously not be that, so... bleh. But still. I'll probably rewatch it if it's streaming again. I really liked it before.

• Man, they are going full out with the release. I sort of expected it to be like Wolf's Rain, all in a complete series combo pack since it's an older show, but looks like it's being released in 2 parts with a pretty hefty price tag of 60 bucks. Although this gives more credit to the assumption that it's getting a dub.

• @emdier said in Gosick Announcement:

Man, they are going full out with the release. I sort of expected it to be like Wolf's Rain, all in a complete series combo pack since it's an older show, but looks like it's being released in 2 parts with a pretty hefty price tag of 60 bucks. Although this gives more credit to the assumption that it's getting a dub.

The thing is, Wolf's Rain, like Scrapped Princess, already has a dub associated with it, so there's no extra cost involved, besides licensing them. Doing a split release on Gosick enables them to help finance the dub for the show.

• @Series5Ranger This is one show that doesn't need a dub , tbh . It is perfect just as it is . But splitting it up in 2 sets @ $60 a pop .....just give me a bluray versin subbed & I'm happy ...

• A dub wont change that perfection. Its also $42 on rightstuf. $37 with a Got Anime subscription

• @Getchman said in Gosick Announcement:

A dub wont change that perfection. Its also $42 on rightstuf. $37 with a Got Anime subscription

They did change the price from the listing this morning, so thankfully it is much more affordable now.

• @Getchman Just checked there , preorder only & still split up . I've searched in the past for a legal copy (bootlegs abound on Amazon & EBay) in HD . The only ones I saw was Japanese-only (no subtitles) & over $700.00 .... a little to rich for my blood . I miss it being pulled from CR streaming but I am glad at least someone finally got the rights to it . Last I heard some company in Australia had the rights & were just sitting on them . There was a fan dub that was going on in the past , but it has seemed to disappeared . Guess I have to wait for a sale .

• @sirbiscuit said in Gosick Announcement:

@Series5Ranger This is one show that doesn't need a dub , tbh . It is perfect just as it is . But splitting it up in 2 sets @ $60 a pop .....just give me a bluray versin subbed & I'm happy ...

I agree, I was just explaining why they did it.

• @sirbiscuit said in Gosick Announcement:

Last I heard some company in Australia had the rights & were just sitting on them .

No, an Australian company had the Australian rights and exercised them -although it appears to be OOP now. This has no bearing on it being released or not in the US; the other way around in fact - as there was no US licensor and thus no dub, they had to release it sub-only

• Anyone know how to put this on my ps4

• @kingjimm666 you order it, wait for the 30th May, then put the disc in the slot on the front.

• I hope it will get on streaming for premium users , dub or sub . I seem to remember when it was on CR it was in 720p . But man , that intro song .... Was bummed when I got my 5.1 it was gone from CR ....

• My current choice of words is not capable of explaining just how grateful I am that it's getting a dub. Loved this show on Crunchyroll and now I can experience it all over again with even more context from my own life to enhance it!

• Day 1 purchase, possiblly sooner if the pre-order ships before the release date.

• @Kruszer said in Gosick Announcement:

Day 1 purchase, possiblly sooner if the pre-order ships before the release date.

Yep, glad it lined up with a sale on Right Stuf.

I'll likely give the dub a try, but I heard the Japanese audio so long ago, it's gonna be hard to give the English actors a fair shake.

• Gosick announcement

I just watched the first episode here, the dub. Must say I am extremely disappointed. Funimation dropped the ball on this one big time. For those lucky enough to see it on crunchy roll should know what I mean.
    I doubt any of the VAs have seen the sub. They lack emotion and they do not do the characters justice. I just see those who have seen the hype, watch it and go.."WTF"?
    Hell they can't even pronounce the character names properly.
    The first episodes should be setting up the character backgrounds for the darkness to come.

• @bejay53 Maybe that's just the first episode. Maybe the rest would be better.