Ps4 app issues

• Ever since the new app update I haven't been able to watch any anime shows on my Ps4 due to buffering and lagging every 2 to 5 seconds. It is as if the video and audio are skipping. At first I thought it was only certain Anime but I've tried over 20 different series with the same results. I've read many other issues that are similar with the Ps4 app video player not being up to par. I'm wondering if this is getting fixed soon as I have a yearly subscription and watch Anime many times a week.

• I never did get to finish Sky Wizards Academy due to episodes 5-12 not playing right, however other shows I've watch since the new update like Aria The Scarlet Ammo, Keijo, Dragon Ball Super all have played right with only 1-2 instances of buffering problems.

• I too was watching them on PS4 app.

• I am having the same issues with the new funimation now app on my ps4. This new app is no good

• yeah after the update ive been getting buffering issues and the video freezes aswell,i don't really care for the new ps4 app update the last one was a lot better,hope they fix these issues soon.

• Ive been having an issue with the ps4 app that sometimes the first episode of a series is so choppy its unwatchable but i wont have problem with ep 2 onwards.

• It seems like any anime I try and watch have buffering issues. Some are unwatchable. Audio cuts out and video is choppy. Been like this since the update. Please look into these issues!

• I agree with the above comments; I actually found this forum trying to Google a cause/solution to the horrendous skipping on audio and video. It's always been a problem for me, but has gotten noticeably worse since the app updated. I know it's not my internet connection, as every other streaming service works perfectly, and I can play video games on my PS4 and computer without any lagging/latency issues, even really graphics-intensive ones. I hope Funimation gets this issue resolved soon; I dislike paying for a streaming service that is only barely functional.

• I've been watching Black Butler Circus and been having it buffer for me on all the episodes as well. It's not my connection either as I have 1GB fiber internet. I don't get those speeds on my ps4 (ps4 can't handle speeds that high) but I do get around 300mbps up and over 100mbps down. I'm on Ethernet as well and I'm plugged into my modem. It will buffer so bad sometimes it's almost like watching a slideshow.

• @lucinastar said in Ps4 app issues:

I've been watching Black Butler Circus and been having it buffer for me on all the episodes as well. It's not my connection either as I have 1GB fiber internet. I don't get those speeds on my ps4 (ps4 can't handle speeds that high) but I do get around 300mbps up and over 100mbps down. I'm on Ethernet as well and I'm plugged into my modem. It will buffer so bad sometimes it's almost like watching a slideshow.

• Please change the color on the main screen so its easier to see whats selected

• I have problems as well. Except I can't even log into my ps4 app AND funimation keeps messing up my payment info. But everything is fine on my mobile app

• @danimeae86 This "Frieza" looking app is so "User Unfriendly" on ps4. At 1 point I could watch every other anime but Code Geass. It kept resetting, while others froze every 2 seconds. I too have the year sub and they've yet to reply to my emails.

• @shinkhloe Hey there. First off, I really dig the Andy & Mai avatar. (^_^)b

Secondly, I'm sorry you're having issues. I know you've already submitted a ticket, but if you have Twitter, you can try contacting them at @FunimationHelp. You might get a faster response that way.

• agreed. this problem is the worst. I started using this service on my ps4 to watch one piece dubbed with my wife while supporting it though official channels. With the current service, I'm better off canceling my subscription and finding "other methods" of watching one piece dubbed. at least it works perfectly on mobile and laptops, but the ps4 quality is very poor.

• My issue is not buffering. Video quality looks like 240p and I have a 60 Mbps+ download speed. I have a premium account and video quality is set on high....

• yeah ever since the app update on ps4 ive been having crazy buffering issues aswell,every anime i try to watch buffers crazy bad,i cant even watch a episode,its starting to get annoying that it hasn't been fixed yet lol,i guess I might have to end up cancelling my membership until its fixed....I get 25 download speed and Netflix and youtube has given me no buffering issues what so ever,its crazy it hasn't even gotten fixed yet its already been awhile now.

• Same issues as above! Please fix this ASAP! It's been like 2 months, just freaking shameful. Put it back to the way it was before lol at least it was watchable

• @cooperb613 said in Ps4 app issues:

My issue is not buffering. Video quality looks like 240p and I have a 60 Mbps+ download speed. I have a premium account and video quality is set on high....

I had this same issue. What fixed it for me was deleting and re-installing the app from scratch. I can't guarantee the same will work for you, but it's worth a try.

• Please don't report bugs in the forum. If you'd like to offer feedback on the PS4 app, there is a thread for it. If you'd like to report a bug, please submit the form at the bottom of www.funimation.com/contact-us.

Locking thread.

• From what I've gathered it's an HD issue. I've since endured lower quality in order to finish D Grayman: Hallow.

Not sure if it'll work for you but at the added lost of quality you can still watch your shows. Simply go to settings in the Funimation app and Video. It's set to high so put it on medium.

This app also has an issue when paused for to long. It starts acting up and at times freezes the app.
    Hope this helps.