Attack on Titan Season English Dub coming soon to Toonami???

• Attack on Titan Season English Dub coming soon to Toonami??? With all this Dragonball Super and Code Geass new coming out Attack on Titans kind gets lose... But I heard did a season 2 so will the Dub coming out soon? I not heard anything I wonder if anyone knows? Last time I heard news was about that subtitle live action -_- which was not dub in the theater just plain dumb then again still not getting us a dub video game yet which is even more BS... So what the new on Season 2 English Dub...

• shrugs I dunno. 😐

• Season 2 starts airing April 1, but that is for the subs. As far as a dub, nothing has been announced yet. It's hard to speculate if they will do a simul dub, and it probably won't be announced until shortly before it airs. As with many things, you just have to wait and see.

• @SpacemanHardy Eh... Well that not good... Aless we get a dub for the anime and the ova's we got the short hand of the stick with the live action movie and video games... And this is Funimation top 5 biggest title right now? LMFAO that sure as hell treat that way... Everything fro Attack on Titans SHOULD be English Dub...

• @korrailli ??????????? Uh????????? What is a "simul dub"?????????

• A simul-dub (previously called Broadcast dub) is a dub that is done and released within a few weeks of an episode airing in Japan. Some shows get out early, 2-3 weeks, while others take a bit longer. The episodes air weekly.

@gohan6425 said in Attack on Titan Season English Dub coming soon to Toonami???:

@SpacemanHardy Eh... Well that not good... Aless we get a dub for the anime and the ova's we got the short hand of the stick with the live action movie and video games... And this is Funimation top 5 biggest title right now? LMFAO that sure as hell treat that way... Everything fro Attack on Titans SHOULD be English Dub...

Unfortunately Funimation doesn't get to license everything related to Attack on Titan. It's not that they don't want to, but that another company may have the rights, or it just isn't available to get licenced. The Levi OVA's, Attack on Titan No Regrets, was released with a couple of the Attack on Titan manga volumes.

• @gohan6425 said in Attack on Titan Season English Dub coming soon to Toonami???:

@korrailli ??????????? Uh????????? What is a "simul dub"?????????

Its what they are doing with DB Super. They are dubbing these things shortly after they come out. And AoT season 2's air date has only recently been announced (not to be confused with the announcement of the season itself).

And if you see what will be coming out in Spring, I would assume Funimation will be getting all the returning shows so they are going to have one hell of a spring season.

I personally actually like the Sub over the Dub for AoT so it won't bother me if they decided to dub it or not :p

I am more interested in BBB and MHA getting dubbed though since I liked those a lot.

And chances are the video game probably wouldn't have gotten the same VAs as what Funimation uses so it would cause problems in that regard (js), it was probably better that they didn't if you are one who thinks that VAs should ALWAYS reprise their roles (if they are in a position to do so).

• @darthrutsula40 Dragoball Super AIRS on Toonami... Also there WILL be an Attack On Titan Dub it to big for then now to get it for Season 2... It just madder of when it will come out now... What you mean on what coming out in spring??? Funimation Dub and that just pull out when ever there ready to go... The people that made the video game could EASYLY have got the Funimation DON'T SAID that could not! That do it for Dragonball Z EVERY TIME and same with Naruto on Viz Media side so don't give me that crap right now... If the video games are NOT Dub I WILL NOT BUY...

• @korrailli What you mean? That have the anime dub rights. And the Attack on Titan Junior OVA which was dub. And the Live Action Movie which was NOT dub!!! -_- And that had the damn rights to it! It should dub version in the threater not this damn subtitle CRAP!

• Ok Gohan. Sit down for a second. Let me put this in a way that you'll understand.

Remember Space Dandy?

Whether you like or dislike is irrelevant.

Space Dandy......was a Broadcast Dub, simply put. It was dubbed super close to the time of the original Japanese release.

And Funimation streams Broadcast Dubs / Simuldubs. As in, they release a dubbed episode of a show CURRENTLY airing in Japan around 2-4 weeks after it airs in Japan.

Given this, it is CERTAINLY possible Attack on Titan Season 2 COULD DEFINITELY be dubbed much faster than it came out last time.

BUT WE DO NOT KNOW.......AT THIS TIME........If said Season 2 dub will come to Toonami or not. If it does, you'll be the first to know. Capiche?

• @classyspartan Wait but Space Dandy air on Toonami though not Funimation stream? I did not even know Funimation did live airing on there stream? Do the really do that???

• @gohan6425 said in Attack on Titan Season English Dub coming soon to Toonami???:

@classyspartan Wait but Space Dandy air on Toonami though not Funimation stream? I did not even know Funimation did live airing on there stream? Do the really do that???

Technically speaking Space Dandy was the first Broadcast Dub / SimulDub they did.

And yes. Funimation airs on their Streaming Service dubbed episodes released only several weeks after their Japanese air date. Actually, Dimension W, that was also a Broadcast Dub too. Dub came to Toonami when it came out that very season.

While I don't know if it'll be on Toonami or not, Attack on Titan S2's dub will almost definitely air on Funimation's streaming service if for some reason it doesn't end up on Toonami

• I'll break it down.

@gohan6425 said in Attack on Titan Season English Dub coming soon to Toonami???:

@darthrutsula40 Dragoball Super AIRS on Toonami...

It airs in Japan first and its like 3 weeks behind what Japan has iirc (current dub episode compared to current subbed episode).

Also there WILL be an Attack On Titan Dub it to big for then now to get it for Season 2... It just madder of when it will come out now... What you mean on what coming out in spring???

There is a bunch of really successful (and awesome) shows that are also coming out in Spring so it is reasonable to assume that not all of those shows will be dubbed at once (since they reuse the same actors especially)

Funimation Dub and that just pull out when ever there ready to go... The people that made the video game could EASYLY have got the Funimation DON'T SAID that could not! That do it for Dragonball Z EVERY TIME and same with Naruto on Viz Media side so don't give me that crap right now... If the video games are NOT Dub I WILL NOT BUY...

As far as the game goes, that is the fault of the localization group. They probably could have gotten the Texas Actors to do it but the likes of Koei Tecmo (and even Capcom and Bandai) probably don't have the deepest of wallets so it would possibly be too much a financial burden for them. Bandai can do it with Naruto because Viz and Bandai are based in the same area.

Hell AoT S1 wasn't simuldubbed to my knowledge would the wait really be that bothersome? We've already waited like 3 years or something, what's another 1?

And the Attack on Titan Junior OVA which was dub. And the Live Action Movie which was NOT dub!!!

The Junior High series aired on TV (not an OVA)

• Also the live-action movies did get dubbed for the home video release.

• @classyspartan Wait so it air on the Funimation Streaming Service 1st or on Toonami 1st? The English Dub and all... B/c Toonami when that wanted a title it go up on Toonami 1st if it a new title that being dub and all... So is that case with Space Dandy and Dimension W or did it air on Funimation Streaming Service 1st?

• For a while, Space Dandy's Dub was a timed exclusive for Toonami, and Dimension W's dub was a timed exclusive for a few weeks.

Subs of the shows were on their site before the dub was added to their sites

• @darthrutsula40 Uh Dragonball Z video game get English Dub by Funimation and that done by Bandai too! So if that can do it for Dragonball Z WHY NOT ATTACK ON TITANS? Why not Sword Art Online that right around the same corner if we go by your logic... Also Junior High did not air on TV yes but it WAS ENGLISH DUB I seen it! It on there web site...

• @SpacemanHardy Wait it did???? It still should have been dub for theater though... Is the Dub to the movie on the Stream?

@darthrutsula40 Uh Dragonball Z video game get English Dub by Funimation and that done by Bandai too! So if that can do it for Dragonball Z WHY NOT ATTACK ON TITANS? Why not Sword Art Online that right around the same corner if we go by your logic... Also Junior High did not air on TV yes but it WAS ENGLISH DUB I seen it! It on there web site...

Because DBZ is different. DBZ is massive. And I mean MASSIVE. Like those are the only anime games that you could see on a random shmuck's shelf. And I played the first one (xenoverse i mean) and it was cool (I didn't like it though)

SAO and AoT are only popular to the anime community. They aren't Pokemon YuGiOh DBZ or even friggin Naruto. The only reason my walmart still has the SAO game (I don't think we ever got AoT) is because of the same reason we still have a very small amount of PLAYSTATION TWO (that's right the PS2) games is because we just can't get rid of them. Though I haven't heard mention of a yugioh game console release since the GameCube though. You want to compare huge "family friendly" shounen releases to family unfriendly anime.

Also no, AoT Junior High is not an OVA, it was aired on TV.

• @darthrutsula40 Do you not see the rating for Attack On Titans!? B/c there right up there with Dragonball Z not as high as them but VERY close to it... And ALOT of non anime fans like Attack On Titans so YES it is in title to a dub for the video game! Also Yu-Gi-Oh had yet to get a English Dub video game for video game console like PLAYSTATION. Same with Pokemon in Nintendo on there main console too! So no wrong! It is in title to a Dub on all level! And? the 3DS game for DBZ don't get dub either which is damn joke to begin with! Also Junior High is an OVA it NEVER air on TV aless not in American it did NOT!

• JAPANESE TV GOHAN!

JUNIOR HIGH AIRED ON JAPANESE TV!