Unable to log into the forums on main account.

• I have submitted three tickets and still have not heard back from anyone involving my issue on my main account, InuNaruPokeAlchemist. I am trying to use Google Chrome to watch videos on the site and continue to not have the player work right. I've tried deleting my temporary files, cookies, and cache and nothing has fixed this issue. This is going on the third week in a row and I would much like an answer or solution. :c

This issue has been solved! :)

0_1487007574132_player.JPG

The issue I've been having is that I cannot post anything on the forums on my regular paid account, InuNaruPokeAlchemist, and I'm given this pop up saying I need to create a username, where I've had one in place for the past 5 years. :c

0_1486504390899_alternate.JPG

• @InuNaruPokeAlchemistAlternate Try sending a message to @FunimationHelp on Twitter. You might get a faster response that way.

• @InuNaruPokeAlchemistAlternate
    I have been noticing this log in issue as well. My main account is not able to post to the forums; to provide insight, I am logged in to watch shows, however, then, if I desire to enter a discussion thread, even though I am logged in, it requires me to "log in" to post. Upon the next screen, I see all my account info, so, you would think I was logged in, but, still not able to post in the forums - - very frustrating to say the least. Like indicated, changing browser settings etc. even using Chrome does NOT remedy this. The only way I am communicating right now, is, I had to create a whole new account and provide my alternate e-mail address for a new setup. This is annoying insofar as, with this secondary account, I will most likely not be able to comment in the exclusive subscribers forum or see the shows for members only ad free. To compound this, I submitted a support ticket in the vicinity of a month ago, and, no response. I took to the Crunchy Roll forums to document this in hopes of connecting with possible other FUN subscribers and found one other person experiencing the same dilemma. Luckily, I also happened to run into who we know here as the Grand Alliance who was very helpful. To be honest, I really don't care for the Crunchy Roll forums, yes, they do work, but, it is not the familiar community I have come to know through the years with FUNimation. With them, I feel like I'm swimming in the ocean... One of the reasons I decided to get their premium subscription was because of all the aggravation I've been getting with FUN. What I can't understand is, was this update really necessary? From what I knew, FUNimation already went through a re-vamp from when we had the black color scheme. I feel like they keep trying to re-invent the wheel and things get colossally worse. On some level, I think it behooves FUN to credit back a portion of monies to their elite subscribers for all this hair-pulling. Not to add more to the proverbial pile, but, I've also noticed that the player for videos seems to be cut down? I know I can always go to Full-Screen mode, however, the player from the old site seemed fuller without having to go to FS mode. It has also been mentioned about utilizing twitter to contact support. I can't speak for everyone, but, someone such as myself, does not use twitter; I was not impressed with their Terms of Service or Privacy Policy. It also seems like a scapegoat. There should be enough people on (especially at a site launch with the main ticket system) to account for problems that may arise - - not keep them waiting indefinitely and re-direct to their twitter support page of which many people like myself do not care for and will just not use.
    Sincerely,
    P.J.

• @PJ1 I'm curious as to what your other username is, since my moderator account is still affected by the same issue.

• Same here.
    Not really pleased by the lack of response.

• @Nobu

NOBU!! UR ALIVE!!! ME THOUGHT U DIED!!!

Ehm, ehm. Yes. BTW, ever since I joined CR a bit ago, I noticed they have Kancolle, did watch first episode. That anime is, well... "complicated".

In other news, "Lawson" brand convenience stores all over Japan had Kancolle merchandise it it for some reason; like character poster things or elsewise, whether it be Sapporo or Tokyo location. Mez was thinking of ye, so ya know :)

Also,
    https://www.funimation.com/forum/user/til-nobu

Ur account still there. But the forum doesn't recognize ur _ of TIL_Nobu. So ur "@TIL NOBU". But @ doesn't work with space, so ur account all messed up. Need username changed. Probably y u had problems.

FUNI didn't test what would happen to incompatible usernames, so I suppose...

BUT DOESN'T MATTER NOW!! UR ALIVE!!!

• @thegrandalliance said in Unable to log into the forums on main account.:

ME THOUGHT U DIED!!!

Not yet, anyway.

But @ doesn't work with space, so ur account all messed up. Need username changed. Probably y u had problems.

FUNI didn't test what would happen to incompatible usernames, so I suppose...

BUT DOESN'T MATTER NOW!! UR ALIVE!!!

As long as I can use this for the forum, the other still works with Roku,
    God's in his Heaven, and all's right with the world. :)

• @Nobu Ahhh, BTW.

Ur original profile claims ur 52 years old. If that is true....... I got real messed up idea of u. Like, completely........

• Something for you youngun's to look forward to. ;)

And now that I've figured the signature, I feel complete. :)

• @Nobu

Hmmm, I reaaly thought ur a high school kid living in NYC area. Wonder WTF I was doing this whole time...

But no matter...

• @thegrandalliance said in Unable to log into the forums on main account.:

Hmmm, I reaaly thought ur a high school kid living in NYC area.

I only play at one. Much like a President on TV. ;)

• @Nobu

Tiffles, well no matter. Would explain ur "enlightened wisdom", in either case. Guess I have to start at the drawing board, once again....

• @Shirobane

Shirobane explains,

italicised text"I'm curious as to what your other username is, since my moderator account is still affected by the same issue."

Hello Shirobane,

I used to be recognized here as P.J. When I was going through the process of setting up a new account and tried implementing periods as breaks between the letters, the system indicated to me (in so many words) that the usage of Kanji was an unacceptable format. Don't get me wrong, I'm able to recognize certain Japanese characters, but, didn't realize using periods put me into the Kanji category (laughs). Not to pry, but you indicate a moderator account. Would you happen to formally work for FUN, or, are just a volunteer? Let me say, that has to be a daunting responsibility - - to constantly "police" threads. Yeah, that would drive me up a wall. How do you feel about being a moderator? Were you a moderator since 2013? I'm not sure if I remember you? Til Nobu I remember because I kept thinking, "Til' Next Time" I know that must sound weird... I definitely know the Grand Alliance and was just communicating with over on CRunchy Roll. I am recognized on the CR Forum as P_J_ Basically, PJ separated by underscores. Definitely good to be back in the company of you guys. When I was on the Crunchy Roll Forum, I was like, "What am I doing here...." Like a kid transferring to a new school - - terrible. Luckily, Grand Alliance was there who I think I recognized instantaneously because of the Hatsune Miku.
    Overall, I hope this situation can get ironed out. For now, I am logging in with one account to watch vids and this account: PJ1 to be able to post in the forums. Unless, when my membership is up, I just transfer my credit card info to the secondary account? I really don't care for that though, because, the secondary account is not tied with my main e-mail.
    Good to see that this thread is gaining traction AND good to see you guys again,
    Sincerely,
    P.J. PJ1 P_J_
    :-)

• @PJ1 @Nobu aha, so it looks like I was right in thinking that it is the space in Shiroi Hane that is causing problems (the problem being that a forum token cookie is not being generated during SSO). Unfortunately I don't get any prompt to change my username like @InuNaruPokeAlchemistAlternate did.

• @PJ1 oh, and I'm a volunteer and I've been a moderator since.. I think about 10 years now looking at my emails o_O
    I've not been very active for a while for a number of reasons including burnout but largely since the once update to the site which meant constant CAPTCHA codes when accessing the site from outside the US. Most Funimation simulcasts not reaching the UK for a long time was also an issue.

• @Shirobane

Hello again,

At least in my case, I don't think the issue was spaces, rather, using periods the system alerted me and rejected the registration. Also, when I clicked "Shiroi Hane", that link was dead?

• @PJ1 I think the spaces and dots are both no longer allowed so accounts using them are no longer working properly. Sorry about the link, I was trying to do it relative so it works in both the UK and US but messed it up.

• @Shirobane

"oh, and I'm a volunteer and I've been a moderator since.. I think about 10 years now looking at my emails o_O
    I've not been very active for a while for a number of reasons including burnout but largely since the once update to the site which meant constant CAPTCHA codes when accessing the site from outside the US. Most Funimation simulcasts not reaching the UK for a long time was also an issue.

WoW! that is definitely dedication..
    I can definitely see the burnout issue..
    So, can I assume you are currently in the UK? Don't answer if that is too personal.

• @Shirobane

"I think the spaces and dots are both no longer allowed so accounts using them are no longer working properly

Interesting.... You wouldn't happen to know if FUN might be working on a solution for this? Would be great if I could do everything from one uniform account..

No worries about the Shiroi link..

• @PJ1 I've lived in the UK all my life. I suggested it might be the space when I raised it with Sophie and she was going to look into it, but she hasn't got back to me since.

• @Shirobane

"I've lived in the UK all my life"

Interesting. How is that? Would you ever consider moving? I forget where I heard it, but, I could swear I heard someone say on TV (speaking of someone else), "What great feats people from that region could accomplish if not bourgeoned from the rainy weather" (or something like that) To what extent would you agree with the aforementioned, or, would you agree at all?

"I raised it with Sophie..."
    Nice. Sophie being mentioned, suggests to me, that this issue might be really "moving up the chain" (so to speak).