JoJo's Bizarre Adventure... Why is the Dubbing Company SOOOO Lazy!?

• I been meaning to ask this for awhile about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure... Why is the Dubbing Company SOOOO Lazy!? I mean that dub it but for freak said why is the ending credit not dub in English! It all in the Japan Sign still and not been rewritten in English! That is BEYOND LAZY! I though Funimation was bad but this is beyond worst!

• @gohan6425 It's Not dubbing. It's translation.

• @Zethus Uh no it is Dub in English I watching it on Toonami every week... It an English Dub trust me...

• @gohan6425 The song is Roundabout by Yes.

• @Zethus I talking about the ending credits are not in English there in Japan Sign there suppose to rewritten in English... ALL Anime titles do this...

• Sometimes they do that to save money.

• @Zethus Not one title beside this one I seen then do that!

• @gohan6425 Sentai Filmworks does this.

• @Zethus Sentai Filmworks no that don't there was 2 titles on Toonami that had where that rewritten the ending credit in English... Akama Ga Kill and Parskye...

• @gohan6425 Those were only for the TV broadcast. All Sentai Filmworks releases on DVD and bluray retain the original Japanese credits. They compensate by running a separate English credit scroll after every episode.

• @SpacemanHardy Then how come that NEVER did it for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure that air on Toonami!? And why would you change if you going to go though all that work to make it that way anyways!?

• @SpacemanHardy said in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure... Why is the Dubbing Company SOOOO Lazy!?:

@gohan6425 Those were only for the TV broadcast. All Sentai Filmworks releases on DVD and bluray retain the original Japanese credits. They compensate by running a separate English credit scroll after every episode.

Basically this is what happened with the original Jojo DVD released by Warner Bros. Partly why this might be as it appears in the credits on Toonami might be that they were just directly given the Warner Bros DVD version without any alterations being made for TV.

• @classyspartan They also might not have had access to the clean OP or ED videos.

• @classyspartan Wait Warner Bros Dub it!? Since when that get into the anime game???

• @gohan6425 This was apparently their first anime title. Obviously, they didn't do very well with it. So now Viz owns the rights for the bluray and all future seasons. They just haven't put their version out yet.

• @gohan6425 Yeah. That's the thing, they typically don't. I believe they MIGHT have gotten to try it out due to music licensing reasons (Jojo's got lots of music references in it) or to try their hand in the industry, but they kind of did an infamously lazy job of releasing their DVD set.

Since then Jojo has since been relicensed by Viz Media, but the actual new DVD/BD release by them hasn't been updated, so what we're seeing on Toonami now is what came from their release.

• I hope Viz does a better job.

• Interactive menus
    • Actual Subtitles
    • Marathon Play

• @classyspartan @SpacemanHardy Ok time out time out TIME FREAK OUT!

Ok now I have more question then I had at 1st! When I made this thread. So you 2 are talking me Warner Bros now ONLY pick up the right to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure but that dub it!? 1st how the hell did that even get the rights in the 1st place? 2nd We talking about WB now right the same people that own DC right now right!? And what you mean music licensing reasons??? Also How many season are that then? How many season did WB Dub before Viz took over? You said that just keep the season WB Dub the way that did it? But why did Viz Change it then self?

1. They have a Japanese branch that helps produce anime over in Japan for various titles. Might've helped the Western branch get first dibs.

2. Roundabout, by YES is a Western song. This applies to some licensing issues with copyright.

3. Technically Warner Bros never dubbed it. A California dubbing company called Bang Zoom. They've done various works for shows you probably know of by the way, including Sword Art Online, Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Hunter x Hunter, Blue Exorcist, and the list goes on.

4. They only had the rights to the first season of Jojo. Though even if Viz Media takes over dubbing future seasons they can definitely still rely on using Bang Zoom for dubbing them when they do them.

That answer your questions?

• @classyspartan I know of Bang Zoom. But WB where the one that told them to Dub them self though for them... Since WB owns the rights to the anime... WB had a Japan Branch? You mean that own the anime in Japan? What you mean by Roundabout? And what copyright issue? I though Viz is dubbing Hunter x Hunter? Uh then who Dub Season 2 then? As that currently is airing on Toonami and still used the Japan Sign at the end credits...

• @gohan6425 said in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure... Why is the Dubbing Company SOOOO Lazy!?:

@classyspartan I know of Bang Zoom. But WB where the one that told them to Dub them self though for them... Since WB owns the rights to the anime... WB had a Japan Branch? You mean that own the anime in Japan? What you mean by Roundabout? And what copyright issue? I though Viz is dubbing Hunter x Hunter? Uh then who Dub Season 2 then? As that currently is airing on Toonami and still used the Japan Sign at the end credits...

Yep. Warner Bros has a Japanese branch that produces anime. Here's a list of some of the titles they've been credited as being producers on:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/415/Warner_Bros

Fun Fact. They're also the ones who released RWBY on DVD/BD in Japan.

Basically music licensing and copyright is a big, confusing circumstance of business that I don't fully understand. I just assumed that the rights to it might've been difficult to get because copyright law is far more lax in Japan compared to U.S. law is what I've been lead to believe.

And Viz is RELEASING/LICENSING Hunter x Hunter yes, but the show itself is being dubbed at Bang Zoom. Typically anime licensing involves hiring dubbing studios to dub and localize the shows, and the company themselves release it.

Basically. These companies license a show, paid another company to dub, and then they release the final product. Funimation sometimes outsources to other studios, they mostly dub within their own in-house studio.

As for the Japanese end credits.....honestly I think Toonami just got the rights to the original Warner Bros DVD masters and used that as Viz hasn't finished their revisions to it.

Basically, remember how you noted all the changes from Code Geass BANDAI release to the Funimation re-release? Think that basically. Differences will be apparent, but said changes don't exist.

TO REPEAT:

Warner Bros Japan exists.

Warner Bros over here DID release Jojo on DVD, but they did a pretty shitty job with that release.

The rights were then picked up by Viz Media.

Viz Media will re-release Jojo and future seasons.

All of Jojo's actual dub itself was done by Bang Zoom.

Any future Jojo dubs will be done by Bang Zoom.

All future Jojo releases will be done by Viz Media.

All current issues with Jojo's Japanese credits on Toonami's broadcast are because of Warner Bros.

And Toonami is airing the WARNER BROS Master Release.