Please bring back the Funimation Channel, pretty please!

• When I was growing up if "YOU" told me there was a channel that played anime 24/7, I would of died of shock. When I found the Funimation channel when i was in Highschool it was AWSOME! anime all day everyday. I really REALLY do appreciate the streaming service but having a TV network at my fingertips was so much more awesome. I hope those who run Funimation know just how much we want it back and there are other anime fans who feel the same and help to bring it back.

• Probably never going to happen.

• Cable is dying if they (the companies) insist on not fixing the problem.

Just stick to the internet streaming!

• Toonami is thriving and it comes on in the middle of the night to mourning, and only comes on Saturdays, it also only features action shows. Its a huge success, why wouldn't a 24/7 network showing multiple genre shows not be a success, especially if it was available on cable and dish? Besides the old Funimation Channel lasted from 2005-2015, and was stopped by Funimation themselves, it makes 0 since they wouldn't bring it back if people wanted it, and not everyone has enternet to stream shows.

• Because the only way you can get Toonami is by having a cable sub that you have to pay for hundreds of channels you don't even want. I am very biased here. I WANT Cartoon Network but in order to have it I need everything else, why am I paying for things I won't use? Not to mention the ads. I'm already paying a sub why am I having to watch the ads?

I'll gladly pay a little bit extra to have just one (or two) channels but until they do it, I'd say no one should have a sub.

Did you know ESPN eats something like a quarter of everyone's cable subscriptions?

That's why a 24/7 network won't work. They don't get as much money as an online service. Also its very niche so its already having to fight uphill. Toonami only really works so well because everyone records it. Unless you're up that late into the night (or I assume its late. I wouldn't know, I haven't had cable in 9 years).

Also given the way anime is, unless you're only showing shounen shows, people would get offended by it because of the material. Sex/lewd things tend to make an appearance and people don't like that.

• @darkmatterkakine said in Please bring back the Funimation Channel, pretty please!:

TV network at my fingertips was s

Really, your best bet is probably to get a chrome cast, or roku box and just buy funimation/crunchyroll/netflix/anime network subs and just load what you want when you want it.

Not sure if an android box works the same but that's an option otoo.,

• @darkmatterkakine I agree that SHOULD you can make alot of money and profit by having a cable channel...

• @darthrutsula40 Banang is on 24 hours it still on cable as it own channel so yes a Funimation Channel for 24 hours WOULD WORK on Cable and for someone who does not have cable for 9 years show you not state opinion on fact you don't know... B/c you wrong on you logic right...

• @gohan6425 But it is fact that you are forced to pay for things you won't use, and that even though you pay for the sub you still watch ads (which is contradictory of pretty much the Internet's model). ESPN taking a noticeable chunk of the money from everyone's sub. Anime being a niche market. Anime being able to offend people.

What was I wrong about? That a network channel wouldn't get money? They won't get YOUR money, its mostly from the sponsors. Cable has been on the decline.

• This post is deleted!

• @darthrutsula40 Lol wrong... Cable Channel's are basic on revenue of what people are paying to WATCH... Anime has a good market so yes a 24 Hour Anime Channel CAN work! ESPN works b/c Sport has a HUGE market not b/c of what the cable people are paying for EPSN. It b/c people LOVE THERE sport so do I by the way... That shit has next to nothing to what making a 24 hour channel work... I think Cable would be better then a steam service if that had many channel like that... By your logic Boomerang should die b/c Boomerang is not even that big anymore for Cartoon Network yet that still have it up. Hell Nick had many sister channels from Teennick, Nicktoons, Nick Jr. etc. 24 hours for that market for Kids, Teenagers, and other cartoons... If there was a 24 hours anime channel it CAN work it need to market right and it will work... You CLEARLY don't know how cable works... But as you said you not had cable in 9 years therefore your opinion is not valid anyways...

• @gohan6425 Unrelated to the topic, but every time you try to spell out "Boomerang", I can't help but be reminded of this little gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvbtcCpWf-w

• @gohan6425 Its the amount of cable subs that'll keep these networks going, but ESPN does indeed garner the most (compared to the rest) from any one person's sub money if ESPN is in their "package" which I believe it is in like all of them, whether or not you do watch it, they already have your money. Ads are just one source of revenue, your cable sub is another, merch sales is a third, and then there is direct contributions. Cable subs are generally flat and have very little bearing on the performance of any one channel. But what does effect these channels is how many people are watching. That is how they get their ad revenue. More people watch, the more ads they watch. The more ads they watch, the more they pay the channel. I get that this is generally based on time of day but i'm generalizing here for the sake of simplicity. Merch sales is what the "kids" shows will earn (I assume) most money. Actually this is similar to how the anime industry works. Yea it all comes on TV but if no one is buying the merch no one is spending money on them. No money spent means that the show sucked and it won't get any follow-up.

And how is my opinion not valid? It is just as valid as any one else's. Hell I could devote an hour to learn what I need. Which ain't hard. NPR does an article about the TV industry like once a month. I like reading how it is failing.

I'm all for debating these things but if all you're going to do is say "You are stupid and wrong" and not even provide anything beyond that it will just keep me in "troll gohan" mode.

• @darthrutsula40 ESPN is on BASIC CABLE not just other packages that get you money by just having basic cable like are you seriously... And if someone made a Anime Network and it was like on basic cable it would make money! NFL Network was on basic cable when it 1st started and then when Time Wanger took over that took it off the air and it would 5 years later as package deal. Baisc Cable can easy make a channel get over b/c anyone can get it. It had nothing to do with you dumb logic like lol... Also Gohan is NOT a troll so don't you said that shit again... I have my facts on this! Reading thing had nothing to do nothing to do with paiding for cable you would not know!

• @gohan6425 said in Please bring back the Funimation Channel, pretty please!:

@darthrutsula40 ESPN is on BASIC CABLE not just other packages that get you money by just having basic cable like are you seriously... And if someone made a Anime Network and it was like on basic cable it would make money! NFL Network was on basic cable when it 1st started and then when Time Wanger took over that took it off the air and it would 5 years later as package deal. Baisc Cable can easy make a channel get over b/c anyone can get it. It had nothing to do with you dumb logic like lol... Also Gohan is NOT a troll so don't you said that shit again... I have my facts on this! Reading thing had nothing to do nothing to do with paiding for cable you would not know!

Just because everyone has access to it doesn't mean everyone will watch it. And just because its there doesn't guarantee success, and I'm willing to bet you that it costs A LOT to be on the base packages, afterall that would mean that it has a significant audience. Besides people that do watch anime more likely don't have a cable sub and won't sub because of all the bulk they'll be getting from it. Because the majority of anime viewers in America are "millennials" who grew up with the internet.

And I didn't say you're the troll, read what I said again.

• @darthrutsula40 Show like CN and Nick where not BUILD over night you know... The same with Anime can be said and the way cable is today I could see an Anime Channel working. Anime does drawing rating if it market right it been PROVEN. Sailor Moon did not do well until it AIR on Toonami then it blow up in rating... Anime CAN work it a madder a network market at the right time. And if that had a 24 hour anime channel or even what I been suggest for YEAR a Toonami 24 Hour Channel would be a hell alot better then Boomerang which had just basically become Cartoon Network 2! It how you market it that make a channel and show great... And in this day an air it WOULD WORK!

• @gohan6425 BANANG!!!

• @gohan6425 said in Please bring back the Funimation Channel, pretty please!:

@darthrutsula40 Show like CN and Nick where not BUILD over night you know... The same with Anime can be said and the way cable is today I could see an Anime Channel working.

But the way you make it out seems like you think it would be built over night.

Anime does drawing rating if it market right it been PROVEN.

Well yea. It all depends on the publisher and who's running the metaphorical show though. Remember how for a while CN was more about the reality TV for some ungodly reason? Like who lets someone who doesn't like cartoons run a network DEVOTED TO CARTOONS.

Sailor Moon did not do well until it AIR on Toonami then it blow up in rating... Anime CAN work it a madder a network market at the right time. And if that had a 24 hour anime channel or even what I been suggest for YEAR a Toonami 24 Hour Channel would be a hell alot better

I need a source on this, like you make it out to be common knowledge but its not. Like I can only take your word so far you know?

Boomerang which had just basically become Cartoon Network 2! It how you market it that make a channel and show great...

I won't lie, I actually like some of the older cartoons, and the cartoons that I remember growing up with have filtered into Boomerang. It makes me feel sad but I like it.

And in this day an air it WOULD WORK!

How? Cable subscriptions have either stagnated or declined. Both are signs that something needs to change or that the industry itself is failing which will cause consolidation. This will lead into no new networks. The reason why there once was but not still a funimation channel is because it wasn't making them money. "Marketing" only nets you so much. People NEED to watch it for it to work.

Say you this: why hasn't Netflix, Amazon or Hulu started their own network? They definitely could afford it.

• @darthrutsula40 LMFAO it COMMON knowledge about Sailor Moon http://wikimoon.org/index.php?title=Sailor_Moon_in_North_America

"In 1995, DiC won the rights to Sailor Moon in North America. The series was a 65-episode package, with seven episodes cut for reasons unknown. The series did so poorly in syndication that, after the run had completed, DiC dropped the show and made no effort to bring the series to even the end of the second season.

The series became popular after being aired on Cartoon Network in the United States, and as it had been popular from the start in Canada, there was high demand for more episodes. After two years, DiC eventually purchased and dubbed seventeen more episodes, which would complete the unfinished second season.

In 2000, Cloverway, Toei's United States branch, bought the rights to and dubbed Sailor Moon S and Sailor Moon SuperS. The second two seasons were completed very quickly, because Cloverway was being pushed by Cartoon Network to finish dubbing within several months. In 2001, soon after the last two seasons ended, Pioneer released them uncut on DVD, including a subtitled version. In 2003, the first two seasons were released by ADV in the same format."

I know what going to said "Oh this is Wiki" Right well I got another source for you http://www.sailormoon.org/faq/ some of where the info came from...

Now take the L!

• @darthrutsula40 "@darthrutsula40 Show like CN and Nick where not BUILD over night you know... The same with Anime can be said and the way cable is today I could see an Anime Channel working."

How? I used and example of why a 24 hour channel of anime would WORK!

• @darthrutsula40 "How? Cable subscriptions have either stagnated or declined. Both are signs that something needs to change or that the industry itself is failing which will cause consolidation. This will lead into no new networks. The reason why there once was but not still a funimation channel is because it wasn't making them money. "Marketing" only nets you so much. People NEED to watch it for it to work.

Say you this: why hasn't Netflix, Amazon or Hulu started their own network? They definitely could afford it."

Cable subscriptions. I already said why though packages people will watch it that into anime... Funimation Channel was making or it would not have been on as long as it did... The issue was it was not on that many cable companys. Had it been it would had WORK! You can't just be on Verizon Files and do good... Marketing is not all about channel dude! It about the people that WATCH the show on TV that make the most profit aka rating! Why would stream service wanted to do a cable channel? If that what that make easy money. As for Cable it come down to profit and ratings! And an anime network would work!