Missing Anime or...?

• So I went hunting for an anime recently as a result of reading a manga... AnimeNewsNetwork claims funimation has the license, and yet its not listed anywhere on the site.

Yes, I've searched via both the romanji name and the anglicized name.

Crest of the Stars otherwise known as Seikai no Monshō.

Is it one of the many that have been removed over the last while? If so, why wouldn't it have been updated on these other 'reporting' sites?

• Crest of the Stars was indeed licensed by Funimation a few years ago, but Sunrise has been dragging their feet regarding giving them the materials.

So while yes, they do technically have the license, it's not available to watch just yet.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Missing Anime or...?:

Crest of the Stars was indeed licensed by Funimation a few years ago, but Sunrise has been dragging their feet regarding giving them the materials.

So while yes, they do technically have the license, it's not available to watch just yet.,

Sounds like yet one more of those 'could happens' from an article on manga and anime licensing I read some time ago.

It explained a number of things, including negotiating tactics and accounting practices, and how rights to each work can be valued.

The fictional example included a anime no one really cared about but the company lost credibility due to the belief they had more licensed rights than they really had, and hadn't really paid the amounts due.

Humourous in a way...

It's a real shame, as now I have to go hunting to find it from less legitimate sources. Something I really don't like doing but when a series catches my interest...

Yea...

Hell, this looks like one of those ones I'd even buy.

• @thomask Well I mean, there's no need to resort to piracy just yet.

The Bandai collection is still reasonably priced, all things considered:

https://www.amazon.com/Crest-Stars-Complete-Takako-Fuji/dp/B00008WT61/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486092973&sr=8-1&keywords=crest+of+the+stars

• @SpacemanHardy said in Missing Anime or...?:

ion is still reasonably priced, all things co

This might be true, and I'm looking at it now. I'd HOPE to while getting the best price, support funimation too.

Still, that isn't a terrible price. I paid more for Leave it to Beaver and MASH collections.