Why isn't anyone talking about Keijo?

• I realize it might be the fan service or the sexist accusations. But i am curious as to why no one wants to touch this show. I watched it and while i felt really weird/dirty the story line didn't feel different from any other anime. Pretty much underdog joins a team and shows she/he has greater potential than anyone imagined. This show is no different from High School DxD but it seems that people are okay with that show but not this one. Thoughts anyone?

• I thought is was great. I hope we get a season 2.

• @timrobasa said in Why isn't anyone talking about Keijo?:

This show is no different from High School DxD

So many problems with this misguided statement..... As I was not aware that Keijo was a "case study of world religion...."

Rewatch, and try again, it is so...

• It's in my queue and will get around to watching it soon!

This show is no different from High School DxD but it seems that people are okay with that show but not this one. Thoughts anyone?

That is quite the... uhm... comparison. Keijo is more like a sports anime so yea it'll ding all those flags of the underdog story... maybe. Kinda? I mean yea the school itself is an "underdog" but there's only two keijo schools. And nothing about Nozomi is about an underdog.

And DxD I wouldn't consider to be an underdog story either. Issei just doesn't believe himself to be as good as he is. And the story is better. But not as ridiculous as Keijo.

Though now I'd like to see the DxD characters in a keijo match.

• I'm going to sum up how I feel about Keijo

(This is what made the show for me)

0_1485966375095_Aoba.jpg

• I'm stuck around the 15th episode of Highschool DxD, I literally have to force myself to watch it because it is definitly not as awesome as what I heard about it, which was not the case for Keijo in which every episode was just pure delight to me.

• Keijo was quite the blood pumping show. There is really nothing I can leave about it tho but one thing...

Butts everywhere ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• @the_krock

You have to understand the intellectual nature; a study on simultaneous existence of various world religion, and not the sexual, of that show. Then u may like it. Season 2 is probably best for such.

• @thegrandalliance

I have to admit that I don't expect ecchi anime to have some deep meaning so you're probably right, I'll look for it while watching the rest.

• @the_krock

The sex is designed to get (young male) people interested in otherwise considerably boring topics. Much more common among ecchi then u may think.

• @thegrandalliance when I say no different from high school dxd I simple mean in terms of sex/nudity. Couldn't think of a better way of phrasing that. But on those terms they pretty much have the same amount of exposure. I'm not really concerned with genre (sports) I just mean if high school was able to get people to sit thru it and talk why doesn't this show

• @Stewie I would be really surprised if we do. It's actually a problem I have with anime. You put something out there, get people hooked then just end it. Then maybe release an ova that we won't see until a couple of years after initial release if we are lucky. It puts me off a lot of anime

@thegrandalliance when I say no different from high school dxd I simple mean in terms of sex/nudity. Couldn't think of a better way of phrasing that. But on those terms they pretty much have the same amount of exposure. I'm not really concerned with genre (sports) I just mean if high school was able to get people to sit thru it and talk why doesn't this show

Well DxD has a lot more "exposure" if you ask me. But DxD actually has a story to it beyond the ecchi. Maybe it would be better to just listen than to watch, because I feel like sometimes its what's on screen that's distracting even when they are talking about something moderately interesting (like in that one episode where Rias Akeno Sona and what's-her-face in the room all naked for no real reason talking about something that is relevant to the story).

Then again, fanservice typically doesn't bother me. I didn't even notice how often they would just pan the camera on their T&A until my brother pointed it out to me.

I actually like exposition and/or politics in a show/movie (why I liked the Star Wars prequels more then some of the OT)

• @thegrandalliance hey i love kenjo

• @timrobasa

It really has nothing to do with whether or not people like it or not, people aren't talking about it because there is nothing to talk about.

Other then young women pushing each other around with their butts in swimsuits is not really conversational. There really was no story line to it, like most sport genre anime.

As @thegrandalliance stated, it is just a way to get people interested in a otherwise considerably boring sport. It is boring for a reason, just because you add tight swimsuits and young women to the mix does not really add to the sport itself, it is merely objectifying the women... and making them play a considerably boring sport.

However, there are those that just like the show just because of the young women in swimsuits beating each other with their butts, it is not a conversational show. And this is coming from someone who loves Sekirei.

Yeah, I admitted it, so?

• @valyn76 said in Why isn't anyone talking about Keijo?:

And this is coming from someone who loves Sekirei.

Yes, but at least Sekirei has a good dub, perhaps better then the sub. Cannot say the same for Keijo, it is so...

• @thegrandalliance said in Why isn't anyone talking about Keijo?:

@valyn76 said in Why isn't anyone talking about Keijo?:

And this is coming from someone who loves Sekirei.

Yes, but at least Sekirei has a good dub, perhaps better then the sub. Cannot say the same for Keijo, it is so...

I liked Keijo's dub... Quite honestly Keijo is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. It was over the top, I like over the top. I also like what's under the top too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• @darthrutsula40 LoL, the dub for Keijo was hilarious in my opinion