Question about Roku box and website

• Hello everyone ! so i am getting no where with support so wanted to ask if anyone else is having some of the same problems as me.

Ok so the Roku box Funimation app will freeze so bad i can't use the play, pause,home and back buttons. the video will play but cant pause it the only way to get off the app or video being play i have to unplug the box.

Fire fox will freeze or wont load or just buffer every min. chrome seems to be the better of the two just buffers every min vary annoying. i can go to you tube and play 1080 hd videos but here nothing works.

i have sent bug reports for Roku app since day one of release and they still haven't fixed any thing.

• I haven't had any issue with freezing on my Roku, but I have had several instances where the video will cut out and all I get is the sound. Also a few times I was watching dubs, and when I stopped and later restarted, they were all of a sudden in jp. I just exited out selected English, and that seemed to solve it.

• yup, ever since the "update" the roku app has been broken. by broken i mean u can kinda watch 1 vid then poof it doesn't work no more

• The Roku is working 80% better then the Fire TV app.

One of the main issue I have found with the Roku, that also plagues the Fire TV app... when it works... Is that the My Queue has almost half of what it says on the site, and you cannot add anything.

The other issue is that after awhile (I have gone through a season without this happening though) it will just shut down the app, have to hit the home button a lot or unplug the device itself.

• I can't even log into Funimation on ROKU, it won't let me enter my full email address. Been going on since September, I'm about to cancel my subscription.

• I find the Roku app is working mostly BUT the shows that have UNCUT and SIM episodes screw up all the time even if you choose the UNCUT it shows the SIMULCAST.

Also why can't you go to the episode list from playing a single show WHY ??

• @samuraibiged If you're trying to sign in with the Roku app, it will happen, you have to use your remote. Sad, I know, but it is what it is.

• @samuraibiged funimation just canceled my subscription out of the blue.
    all so when i tried to log in on the website i was greeted with a reset your password.
    they now want you to add characters to your password.
    i was having problems with my older roku's with the new app update (roku 2 xs)

• Both of my Rokus also lock up also (XS & XD) . Support is non - existent . Maybe a call to the Texas Attorney Generals Office might get their attention ? Charging for a non- existent service is fraud ...

• My older Rokus as well will not load the new Funimation App. It will work on my Roku 3 but the subtitles are not showing when I choose Japanese for the language.

• @jaxyankee i ended up buying an roku premium plus for the beadroom and a 4k roku tv for the living room.
    the app is still alittle slow to load ,as i don't care for the website i had to upgrade my devices.after all the problems i stuck with funimation only to be unsubscribed.

• @jaxyankee said in Question about Roku box and website:

My older Rokus as well will not load the new Funimation App. It will work on my Roku 3 but the subtitles are not showing when I choose Japanese for the language.

I have the same issue. I can't log in on apple tv and can't watch sub on roku... Why am I paying for this? So frustrating. I have contacted support and only get the the automated email reply and nothing else. Guess I will cancel again until they can figure things out.. oh wait I can't I actually paid for a full year in advance.

• @samuraibiged said in Question about Roku box and website:

I can't even log into Funimation on ROKU, it won't let me enter my full email address. Been going on since September, I'm about to cancel my subscription.

When you say it "won't let you" is it a problem with the length of your email address or a particular character or something?

• I just wanted to say my Roku still not working right with the new app, either the remote will freeze or after watching one or few episodes the app freezes and can not do anything to unfreeze it, only way to get back control is to unplug the power from my Roku and plug it back, hard reset...

• @Shirobane it's the same thing with the appletv app except it allows you to type your email and password and as soon as you hit enter it crashes and takes you back to the home page with all the other apps. I have tried changing my password and that doesn't work

• @timrobasa so, unless it is particular characters in your email address it doesn't like (or in the password and you've managed to trigger it twice) it seems to be account specific. Unless someone with this problem has a second account that does work I can't think of anything further we as users can investigate unfortunately.