Anyone own "Full metal panic" on DVD ?

• Does anyone own this on DVD? I started to stream it and I can't stand how the screen looks so if I buy it on disk will the screen be full like every other title? Wrong title my bad! Fixed!

• @fatman123 it was made in the early 2000's so it's 4:3 480p no matter what.

• @Zethus said in Anyone own "Full metal panic" on DVD ?:

4:3 480p

@Zethus So I buy it on DVD i'll still have the black on each side of the picture on my TV? This is the only show so far that I've run into this? This sucks epic hard, 1 foot on each side of the picture on my screen is black and is an epic eye swore!

• Cancel my order of it on DVD now I guess ahh dang!

• @fatman123 It ain't HD. Most older anime even on Blu-ray are 4:3 not 16:9.

• @Zethus Cancelled my order of it I had. So far this is the ONLY show I've run into on Funimation to do this! My thought before posting was maybe if I buy on disk that it would be full screen and not this nasty looking picture that is on my screen. Oh well I cancelled my order of this on DVD and will painfully endure watching this or rage quit watching it? Thanks for the help you rock!!!!!!!!!!

• @fatman123 you shouldn't do that. If you want to see it, just deal with the black bars on the sides. If you play old anime on DVD on a Blu-Ray players, it would upscale it at best. If you can't deal with the black bars, I don't know what to say.

• @Zethus said in Anyone own "Full metal panic" on DVD ?:

@fatman123 you shouldn't do that. If you want to see it, just deal with the black bars on the sides. If you play old anime on DVD on a Blu-Ray players, it would upscale it at best. If you can't deal with the black bars, I don't know what to say.

Too late I cancelled it! I paid $1000+ for my TV and want to the best picture I can get for my buck and this show on this site on my TV makes me shameful and am shocked Funimation has it like this! I thought they would have it like all the other 99.9 percent of shows the same but for some reason this stands out on its own I've found ARF!

• @fatman123 well you wasted some money.

• I have it on Blu-ray and yes, it has the boxes around it. It is from early 2000's I think so it is 480p for sure. Not much you can do about it really. Unless it gets remastered to a higher resolution somewhere along the way that's the way it's going to be I guess. It's not so bad really. A bit of a pain but the Blu-ray seems to be decent quality. Main complaints I have is that the sound is a bit off. The explosions are loud and the speech is hard to hear so I have to turn up the volume and then get shook out of my seat when something blows up.

• @lord_haw @fatman123 it was upscaled for Blu-ray (and IIRC at least some of the CG was re-rendered so it should be better than most upscales) but it was animated in 4:3 and the only way to change that other than completely re-animating it would be to stretch it or crop it.
    Rather than force that mutilation on everyone, it has been provided in its original format on both BD and DVD, however your $1000 TV will most definitely have options to resize the video.