Why are Edit Version of Anime NO longer a thing pretty much?

• Why are Edit Version of Anime NO longer a thing pretty much? That made alot of money that with Dragonball Z,Sailor Moon, Naruto, Etc.

I mean that don't even have Edit Version DVD anymore. That used to do it for Naruto 4 ep. per DVD for the Edit Version of Naruto. I really thing Network Channel/Dubbing Company REALLY missing out on this... I mean that can still have a unedit version like that alway do but could make Edit version too for kids to watch. I mean look at history? History that it works. Example a show like Hunter x Hunter I think is HUGE miss on having Kid getting into to into this anime. I feel this show could be market for kids if that had an Edit Version for Kids to watch with arouse still having the unedited version on Toonami. Hunter x Hunter is anime about friendship and it could be good anime for kids if done right. Yes it had people dieing in it but well Dragonball Z had people dieing in it and was a market for kids too still is to this day even...

• @gohan6425 said in Why are Edit Version of Anime NO longer a thing pretty much?:

Why are Edit Version of Anime NO longer a thing pretty much? That made alot of money that with Dragonball Z,Sailor Moon, Naruto, Etc.

I mean that don't even have Edit Version DVD anymore. That used to do it for Naruto 4 ep. per DVD for the Edit Version of Naruto. I really thing Network Channel/Dubbing Company REALLY missing out on this... I mean that can still have a unedit version like that alway do but could make Edit version too for kids to watch. I mean look at history? History that it works. Example a show like Hunter x Hunter I think is HUGE miss on having Kid getting into to into this anime. I feel this show could be market for kids if that had an Edit Version for Kids to watch with arouse still having the unedited version on Toonami. Hunter x Hunter is anime about friendship and it could be good anime for kids if done right. Yes it had people dieing in it but well Dragonball Z had people dieing in it and was a market for kids too still is to this day even...

My take: It's censorship, and if at all possible you want to present the artists / writers original vision with changing as little as possible. Even in Uncensored form there are still bits and pieces of the original work that are lost just translating it to a different language and culture, but it's not so bad as what Disney is doing with Doraemon, but Your Mileage may vary.

• First off, your example isn't a good one. Hunter x Hunter is, in no way, an acceptable children's program. It's just not, I'm not sure if you're still early in the show when everything is still light hearted and fairly happy, but it would be a complete waste of money to try and do a children's cut. once it gets past a certain point, and it's not like they would be able to edit any kind of acceptable ending. It would just stop, and that would be frustrating for the viewers.

And, personally, I am pretty glad they're not doing that anymore. I like my series uncut, and I feel that re-editing it to make it child appropriate gives the show a bit of a bad reputation, and in some cases it's a bit insulting to the original work. For instance, I HATED the Cardcaptors dub and I hate that that's what people here think of when I mention Cardcaptor Sakura.

I would assume if it really was that successful and made that much money, companies would still be doing it. I think they've figured out that doing dubs properly is the way to appease the fans, and thus where the money really is.

• The way I see it, taking an anime that wasn't originally made for kids and cutting it to make it kid-appropriate guts the original work too much. My example is from my childhood with Battle of the Planets. That was a favorite show of mine as a kid and I didn't even realize it was an anime because what the heck was an anime in the late 70's/early 80's? But as I got older I found out that BOTP was the edited for Western audiences version of Science Ninja Team Gatchaman and once I watched some of those I quickly realized what utter crap BOTP was...7-Zark-7 needs to be ground into fine metallic dust! While the show was acceptable to me at the time I watched it (I was what 9 or 10) and it did sort of introduce me into the world of anime in a fashion because it caused me to research it later which then led me into the world of anime, it gutted the original work so much that it was barely recognizable, and with cheezy add-on characters thrown in to boot (again 7-Zark-7 must die!).

Sure some shows could be edited and not take too much away from the original to make it watchable for kids but unless there is the potential for a lot of money to be made it's not likely going to happen. Of course few shows could become the money making machine that is Pokemon.

• @emdier I currently watching it on Toonami right now. But Naruto is very most like in kill and blood etc. And if Naruto can be past as a kid show why not Hunter x Hunter??? And that would still have uncut version that even had Naruto now. But I feel that could have an Edit version for kids to watch this nothing wrong with that dude...

• @lord_haw That do it for DBZ,Naruto, and Sailor Moon so why not? Alot the show got alot of rate b/c that where edit for kids...

• @SpacemanHardy That not a an answer. That just a guy bitching about how 4Kids bad which is a cop out again... -_- And his miss info since he said 4Kids is "out of business" when there not there under new ownership which is Konami but that NEVER when out of business... So right there I can't his blog seriously b/c he does not know that fact...

• @gohan6425 You obviously didn't read very carefully. At no point did Justin himself ever say that 4Kids was out of business - that was said by the guy who originally asked him the question. Nor did Justin ever "bitch" about anything; he gave a thoughtful and profound response. You just didn't like it because you don't agree with it. But that certainly doesn't make him wrong by any means.

• @gohan6425 said in Why are Edit Version of Anime NO longer a thing pretty much?:

@emdier I currently watching it on Toonami right now. But Naruto is very most like in kill and blood etc. And if Naruto can be past as a kid show why not Hunter x Hunter??? And that would still have uncut version that even had Naruto now. But I feel that could have an Edit version for kids to watch this nothing wrong with that dude...

While I can't say it's not IMPOSSIBLE, but there's.....definitely an arc coming up where editing it to be a kid's show would definitely be rather......difficult.

The Yorknew Arc is kind of where this starts.

• @classyspartan said in Why are Edit Version of Anime NO longer a thing pretty much?:

@gohan6425 said in Why are Edit Version of Anime NO longer a thing pretty much?:

@emdier I currently watching it on Toonami right now. But Naruto is very most like in kill and blood etc. And if Naruto can be past as a kid show why not Hunter x Hunter??? And that would still have uncut version that even had Naruto now. But I feel that could have an Edit version for kids to watch this nothing wrong with that dude...

While I can't say it's not IMPOSSIBLE, but there's.....definitely an arc coming up where editing it to be a kid's show would definitely be rather......difficult.

The Yorknew Arc is kind of where this starts.

Exactly. Without giving away spoilers, there is zero way that later arcs can be edited to be child appropriate. None. At least not in a way where it makes any sense. I can't even imagine where they would start with the CA arc.

@lord_haw That do it for DBZ,Naruto, and Sailor Moon so why not? Alot the show got alot of rate b/c that where edit for kids...

Shows that this would work for or has worked for in the past are ones that don't really require heavy editing for content. There just aren't that many shows around these days that seem to be good for a kids market without very heavy editing that would ruin the show. It can work, depends on the show.

• @SpacemanHardy He did lol... In blog you posted... But this is coming someone who LOCK my post when you claim I Wrong WHEN I have video prove your wrong which posted in this forum a YEAR ago! You said Eric had not been around in anime for 20 year lmfao! He did Pokemon back 1998 that OVER 20 years! Like Really Spaceman REALLY!? Oh yeah this post will get remove in 5 4 3 2 1...

#pipebomb drop the mic CM Punk

• @emdier @classyspartan Well I sure that could get around it... That did with Naruto and that had some thing in there that was edit out. There was even 1 Ep. that CN had to warn viewer about before airing it. Which is what that could do her if an ep. is THAT bad...

@SpacemanHardy You said Eric had not been around in anime for 20 year lmfao! He did Pokemon back 1998 that OVER 20 years! Like Really Spaceman REALLY!? Oh yeah this post will get remove in 5 4 3 2 1...

#pipebomb drop the mic CM Punk

Umm.... You know 1998 was 19 years ago right?

• This post is deleted!

• @emdier Well that started dubbing mostly in 1997. Since it take months to get dubs out. But that not even counting thing Eric had done before Pokemon.