Breaking News ‘Code Geass' is getting a Season 3 'Lelouch Of The Resurrection’!

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppcOa2iDvuo

LELOUCH VI BRITANNIA NOW COMMEND YOU MAKE ME A SEASON 3 OF CODE GEASS NOW!

Source: http://www.itechpost.com/articles/59290/20161128/code-geass-season-3-lelouch-resurrection-anime-announced-alive-new.htm

Yes I know it not really breaking news anymore more but at the time I made this video it was... And this forum was not around...

Anyway with a season 3 being made now does this mean Funimation will bring back all the old voice actors for Code Geass now? With the OVA and this new Season 3 coming out now?

• @gohan6425 idk but with Code Geass being released recently unto DVD + Blu-Ray, I think that FUNimation might get it sooner than later.

• @Zethus I already know about the season 1 and 2 DVD + Blu-Ray FUNimation did however that still have not dub the OVA since Bandai never english dub the ova which the did for season 1 and 2 which is what FUNimation used for season 1 and 2 DVD + Blu-Ray when that put it back in print. But now that NOT only there going to be OVA there going to be dubbing but a WHOLE new season could have FUNimation get the old cast back for the main guys now. @SpacemanHardy what you think? Funimation it with E7 AO right?

• My knee jerk reaction was to be excited for this, but considering obviously Lelouch will be back I have very mixed feelings. I felt the ending to R2 was one of the greatest in any anime, I am not sure I will like them messing with it :(

• @emdier There had been MANY people and that counting me to... That said Lelouch was STILL alive and there mostly going to used the same theory MANY code geass have said for years why Lelouch is STILL alive. I how him and C.C. got married... :)

• SPOILERS FOR THOSE THAT HAVEN'T WATCHED CODE GEASS R2

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree :)

I, for one, find that a lot of the impact from the ending is kinda void if he didn't sacrifice himself. The ending was beautiful and everyone had to deal with the consequences of their actions, everyone had to atone for their sins. I loved that, too many shows have a "miracle" ending where everyone winds up happy and I adored that Code Geass didn't do that.

Either way I am gonna watch the new season because I love Code Geass as a whole far too much to not, but I do worry it is going to ruin some of the magic for me. And I know there are a lot of other people who agree on that point as well.

• @emdier He DID sacrifice himself. When he dead the code he took from his father in C Word activated. (Of course Lelouch did not know this at the time) Which is what made him immortal. Lelouch had FULL reason to die and wanted to. But he was not alot to b/c ones he die the code he got made him immortal so then Lelouch had to then hide himself and since he did not take CC code but but got VV code he STILL has his geass power and is immortal. Which beings the WHOLE point of "Code" "Geass". It also make sense to what CC said at the ending which can be debate the driver was Lelouch. Lelouch in the eyes of the world he was dead but he really was not but would be dead unless the world need him AGAIN. WHICH THAT DO! And that why he come back. It all would make sense. The only question is would he come back as "Zero" since Suzaku was Zero at the end of the show...

• My point was, I loved the theme of consequences. Lelouch miraculously coming back to life negates that theme. That's all I was saying, we all have our opinions, my personal opinion is the original ending where I believed he died was the ending that I liked. The good thing about Code Geass is that it left the ending totally to your interpretation. This new season will ruin it.

But anyways, if the new season is good then great! I'll enjoy the heck out of it. I love Suzaku so as long as he's involved I am game to watch.

• @emdier I already told you what happen! Yes your right abut the theme. But as I told you Lelouch did NOT know he was immortal one he kill himself that what happen! Something that he could not change a "cause" if you will! My interpretation is what everyone from the fandom thing dude! It not a bad thing b/c Lelouch WANTED to DIE! But after he had himself get kill he resize the VV Code he took would not let him DIE! And So then Lelouch had to keep himself in hiding so people would still thing he dead b/c that what HE WANTED! But can't now. So it still keep the theme of what Lelouch WANT but he cause just like CC is now but still has the Geass eye b/c it was not CC code he took. So he had BOTH now...

• @gohan6425 said in Breaking News ‘Code Geass' is getting a Season 3 'Lelouch Of The Resurrection’!:

@emdier I already told you what happen! Yes your right abut the theme. But as I told you Lelouch did NOT know he was immortal one he kill himself that what happen! Something that he could not change a "cause" if you will! My interpretation is what everyone from the fandom thing dude! It not a bad thing b/c Lelouch WANTED to DIE! But after he had himself get kill he resize the VV Code he took would not let him DIE! And So then Lelouch had to keep himself in hiding so people would still thing he dead b/c that what HE WANTED! But can't now. So it still keep the theme of what Lelouch WANT but he cause just like CC is now but still has the Geass eye b/c it was not CC code he took. So he had BOTH now...

Ok, look, I don't think you're understanding me.

There was no CONCRETE answer on what happened until season three was announced for Code Geass. You can argue until your blue in the fact that Lelouch was the driver and he got to live happily ever after with CC, that's fine, doesn't hurt me what you believe. But before this third season, it was left COMPLETELY to interpretation. We never saw the driver of the cart, we never saw Lelouch after his death, nothing was 100% certain.

Even the creator refused to have a concrete answer, as people were allowed to draw whatever conclusions they liked, to believe what they wanted to.

I preferred thinking that the show was themed around consequences, and I thought it was far more beautiful if Lelouch, in the end, died. And stayed dead.

It is NOT what "everyone thought" in the fandom, I know PLENTY of people, such as myself, believed Lelouch to be dead and that was the ending we chose. And that's the beautiful thing when something is left to interpretation and fictional, you CAN choose.

• @emdier "We never saw the driver of the cart, we never saw Lelouch after his death, nothing was 100% certain." We did though in the Japan TV Version we did... Which then was cut out later on...

• @gohan6425 said in Breaking News ‘Code Geass' is getting a Season 3 'Lelouch Of The Resurrection’!:

@emdier "We never saw the driver of the cart, we never saw Lelouch after his death, nothing was 100% certain." We did though in the Japan TV Version we did... Which then was cut out later on...

........No, we didn't. We really didn't. That was a badly edited video that made it's rounds on the internet.

Even the writer never truly said if he was alive or dead.

• @emdier B/c that hide it from people know about it that is a really animation dude...

• Didn't we have an arguement about this sometime last year or something? Makes me wish those final moments of the show to not have even happened. It would've made for a satisfying conclusion to an otherwise "meh" anime.

• @darthrutsula163 Whatever we debate last year does not madder b/c there a season 3 now and it was stated Lelouch is in fact alive now...

• @gohan6425 I think it's just to cash in on the Code Geass franchise or something else.

@darthrutsula163 Whatever we debate last year dows not madder b/c there a season 3 now and it was stated Lelouch is in fact alive now...

I'll laugh if they indeed resurrect him so that he would have been de-facto dead by the end of the original series :p Its whatever though. He will at least be alive at some point in the new series.

I mean we have seen the technology in the show, so its not exactly far fetched to exclude reanimation.

• @darthrutsula163 Uh well if you click the link at the started this thread you will see he is coming back as well as a season 3... So??? Yeah he is...

• @Zethus Weather that are or not does NOT madder. You can't debate this now... It is OUT THERE. B/c that stated he is in fact coming back which means he ALIVE. And there doing for the 10 year anniversary of the anime coming out in Japan...

• How about we all wait for the show to actually come out before we start arguing about specifics, okay?

• @SpacemanHardy Uh that said in link below that he IS coming back and is alive... So we don't half to wait to know...