Episode #517 English Dub

• Any ideas when the new episode will get its dubbed version? Wikipedia says January 21, but it isn't up yet.

• @azpd08 Nope...we are all still waiting for some sort of an announcement, like when the next DVD set is due out.

BTW, I didnt see any date for episode 517...I looked on Wikipedia and 517 and up all say TBA for the English date.

• Just saw this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_One_Piece_episodes_(seasons_15–current)

Unsure if that's a valid date or not. Really sucks if it is.

• @albinosanta I really hope not! They were pretty much on schedule with every three months. Fingers crossed that it isn't going to be til the end of the year for the next episode.

• WTH? August? and the end of August to boot...wow, what a let down. Though I believe we had like a year gap between the end of Season 3 and the start of Season 4. Seems like they are doing it again, and thought we would be able to get further ahead too. :(

• Just looked on the site just now, and no longer says August for the next set of episodes and November for the episodes after that...so are just in the dark once again when they will come out.

• Basically nothing is confirmed until they update and release their official solicitation that contains when the next episodes of One Piece will be release. But at least from now until April, we're not getting new One Piece. May onwards is still open for speculation, but until then we currently have no information to go off of yet.

• Really hurts to knkw that one piece 517+ isn't coming out anytime soon. Pretty dissapointed. I guess the movies are ok but I thought since funimation and crunchy role teamed up i thought that new episodes would be boomin. But what it seems is that they dont have too much time to work on certain shows since their intrudhcing new anime. So they have a huge palet and they cant eat everything if ya understand the gif. Today is my bday and i was hoping that one piece would come out soon csuse thats just what i watch other than mob pycho and one punch man that i rewatched. Its a struggle also in wiki they changed the date for feb 17 so i hope funimation will drop a coming soon this week for one piece ep 517+.

• I cant see it coming February 14th, cause Collection 18 comes out that day....and they never released a DVD set and a Collection set in the same month....well, did once, when Amazon.com had a deal where you could get Season 6 Voyage 1 on September 30th 2014, the same month as the other Amazon deal, Collection 10 on September 23rd. The actual DVD set came out November 18th and Collection 10 came out October 28th 2014, so was the only time a collection set and a regular DVD set came out the same month, and cause it was a special deal with Amazon.com to get it early for Amazon customers.

• I wish I had taken screenshot when I saw it but now regrettably can't prove it. But maybe like 1-2 days before funimation switched sites, I was checking the one piece video list and came across the little red "E" simulcast symbol beside latest batch 504-516. Then noticed that 517-518 had same E next to Sub|Dub buttons. Clicked on dub and regrettably the stream could not be found..
    Not sure if this was related to the wiki error stated above in this topic though.

• @harmlessmaybe I saw that too. On the old site, when I looked at all the one piece episodes via the queue pop up, episodes 517 & 518 had the little "dub" button available, but the video player would never play it. Most likely someone pressed a button before they should have, and they just didn't fix it because the new site was coming.

I'm not that upset that the episodes are taking a while to release, though I am checking almost daily for news about it. What is frustrating me is the lack of information from Funimation about when the next release is. From what I can tell, they already have the licence for the next set of episodes, so why is there no release date? Frustrating.

• @diver19 said in Episode #517 English Dub:

@harmlessmaybe I saw that too. On the old site, when I looked at all the one piece episodes via the queue pop up, episodes 517 & 518 had the little "dub" button available, but the video player would never play it. Most likely someone pressed a button before they should have, and they just didn't fix it because the new site was coming.

I'm not that upset that the episodes are taking a while to release, though I am checking almost daily for news about it. What is frustrating me is the lack of information from Funimation about when the next release is. From what I can tell, they already have the licence for the next set of episodes , so why is there no release date? Frustrating.

Yes me to if like a little bit of information even if the date isn't set in stone.

• Seems they made this new site layout then decided that was a enough to change. Sad thing is the new layout sucks and they still don't communicate with us as much as they should.

• Anyone know if there is anything new about the release date of the new episodes?

• Dont think they announced any date yet....only the One Piece Heart of Gold and Film Gold DVD/Blu-Rays on May 2nd and Collection 19 on May 21st.

• Usually they'd have that 2 episode preview out by now before they drop bunch of episodes.. that had been a trend as of late.. my only guess is maybe they're still casting or waiting to drop tons all at once.

• @azpd08 i dont think there'll ever be a one piece 517 dub i think they have stoped doing one piece dud because its been 5 years already so why are they taking so long

• @SakurabaJP there still dubbing episodes they stopped some time ago and started back about 3 years ago. Dubbing stopped at skypiea and now it's at the 2 year skip and I hope it don't take 2 years for them to dub

• iv have found an announcement that says it is going to be on the 20th of June on thins site
    (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/FUNimation_Entertainment/Episode_List_and_DVD_Releases)

• You can also now check the actual Funimation shop for confirmation too

https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/season-nine-voyage-one-dvd-dvd-02163/

• Am happy now....now to keep checking Amazon.ca for them to put it up for preorder :)