New site is pretty crappy.

• The new site is worse to browse then the old one.

Also can't seem to watch anything. All the the video players look like:
    shitty player

Just a odd volume control and no other buttons. Using chrome on a pc.

This is what it looks like in firefox:
    shitty player

caches and cookies cleared. same junk.

• @pyromanci

What device/browser are u using, should be stuff there....

• I don't think that FUNimation cares about the fans and just rip them off regardless.

Bland DVD Artwork (Check)
    Little to no extras except for the occasional commentary and clean opening and closing (Check)
    Some DVDs have marathon play while others don't (Check)

Oops I went off topic. Personally I don't watch any episodes on the website.

• @pyromanci try disabling any ad blocker you have and reloading the page

• If you use an adblocker, or other privacy plugins, or block domains via your hosts file you will encounter this problem.
    I had to unblock s0.2mdn.net in my hosts file to fix it

@pyromanci said in New site is pretty crappy.:

The new site is worse to browse then the old one.

Also can't seem to watch anything. All the the video players look like:
    shitty player

Just a odd volume control and no other buttons. Using chrome on a pc.

This is what it looks like in firefox:
    shitty player

caches and cookies cleared. same junk.

• @Neco @pyromanci

I've seen this myself trying to play videos on Funi. I just gave it some time and it auto-played. I'm guessing it was just taking its time initializing the player properly...?

BTW, I seldom have trouble actually PLAYING the videos, the problems I have when I have them with the new site is whether or not its gonna jump to the next episode or not.

• Actually I suspect this has to do with advertising serving or some other tracking metric I had a "black screen" bug on youtube that also disappeared when I unblocked this URL. I suspect its still blocking the ads on YT, but now the videos isn't hold up because its waiting for some report from that URL.

If this is the same thing causing funimation players to sit like that (I've let it sit for a while tbh and never had it start playing) then Id be even more upset. You shouldn't be using ad server / tracking metrics on paying customers anyway.

@thomask said in New site is pretty crappy.:

@Neco @pyromanci

I've seen this myself trying to play videos on Funi. I just gave it some time and it auto-played. I'm guessing it was just taking its time initializing the player properly...?

BTW, I seldom have trouble actually PLAYING the videos, the problems I have when I have them with the new site is whether or not its gonna jump to the next episode or not.

• @Neco

Not entirely true. While I agree shouldnt be showing ad's to the paying customers, I can see the same software being used to track what we are watching and when. This would help direct them in what to license, what not to license, and what server what series/chapters should be kept on. Are they using that same 'wrapper' to show the videos? No idea..

For instance, you could pack 100 more low traffic series on one server if they are 'low access' against popular daily re-watch series needing more resources...?

Just a thought... and no, I'm not sure if they are doing that or not but from a logistics point of view it would be "logical".

I wonder if that same issue is a bug with the issues Im having with the Roku..

and I have auto-play on on the ipad app and it stops after every episode unless its streaming to chrome cast...

• Well if we're gonna speak logically here, its still stupid of them to track show popularity that way. There are other ways to track. Clicking on thumbnail links, access to the show/episode URLs etc.

Access to the m3u8 playlist or the TS files themselves via tracking which subscriber ID keys are accessing the files, etc.

• @Neco won't even play

• @stoner213 Well that's not a whole lot to go on.

Have you tried launching a "private" tab in your browser, logging in with no plugins enabled ??
    You're not using Spybot Anti-Beacon are you? That will place loads of URLs into your hosts file.

• @Neco ps4 app

EDIT: Do not insult other forum users. -SH

• Ya i sorta agree... Really liked the old site better. Why was the change needed anyway? It's like they say: Why fix what's not broken? For me the problems are 1. no option to click English in language, only Japanese 2. When alt tabbed the video just stalls out, sometimes won't even find the stream, 3. Get stuff on my queue list showing episodes that i've already watched.. Can we just go back to the old site now please?

• I am very disappointed too. I cannot watch videos. I have tried the disabling add-block, allowing cookies, and tracking .... etc... ( i feel very vulnerable to this computer join some bot net)

• still can't watch videos.....
    • no answer from my official complaint....
    • and now I wasted more than a hour trying to figure out the problem... i could have pirated all the anime I want to watch for free in that time... not to mention , the value of my time if I had used to do something other than trouble shoot a service I bloody pay for.

• In Opera (my default browser), everything works fine. The player streams without buffering. My only complaint is, I can't keep the player running and tab over to another window without the player stopping and producing an error. This is an issue because I like to multi-task. Run an anime show in the background while working on projects.

In Microsoft Edge (the browser I'm looking to make my new default), with uBlock Orgins running, the player is not usable. The video will not play nor will the controls be visible. To fix this, I have to disable uBlock. The only good thing is I'm able to run anime in the background without errors or interruptions.

• I'm a professional web developer, and I have to agree that this new site is atrocious in almost every way. Someone would get fired if they came to me thinking this was quality.

• Yep I have to agree that this new site is just tragic. Very poorly done. There are so many things to complain about and I am very likely going to cancel my subscription if things don't get cleaned up. I mean come on, for example there are even less filters to try and find specific shows? At least bring back the age rating filter. Haha im not even complaining about the real bad issues on this site, there are just too many to count. And for the love of us all add a splash of colour to the site. It hurts the eyes with all this white.

• I ended up stopping my sub till they get stuff sorted out. I can only get 20 mbs down 2 mb up with my provider meaning that I can't even stream on the new site at all even set to the lowest quality. It buffers every 10 seconds and the audio constantly drops or is really muddy sounding.

When I went to unsub the cancel button actually didn't work at first like it asked if you were sure and it wouldn't let you click the cancel sub button like seriously wtf.

Contacted support and got that worked out fairly fast though and my account goes dead on the 5th.

Honestly it disappointed me because I had a bunch of shows lined up to watch and the new site just wont let me.. When they fix the buffering/audio issues for those of us who can't get good bandwidth and maybe fix up the site some I'll resub till then I'm moving to cruncyroll since I have no issues with them.

• @Zethus - This thread is about the new Funimation website. If you'd like to provide feedback on Funimation's DVDs or Blu-rays, please start a new thread.

@stoner213 - Since you are unable to watch videos on the PS4 app, please contact Support at www.funimation.com/contact-us.

@pyromanci, @Neco, is most likely correct. Please try testing in an incognito tab. It could be an extension that is blocking some of the communication. If we can narrow down the extension, then perhaps it can be programmed around.

I will comment on the support bug that we already have going for the developers regarding the player not starting with everyone's findings.

Now, unfortunately, we can't just disable ads for Premium users because we have two anime that will still run ads for all users, including Premium subscribers - Toriko and Le Chevalier. More could be added in future even though we try to get SVOD streaming rights for everything.

The software that runs the ads is not used to track you. It's just used to run ads. We use Google Analytics to track views and a different software to determine popularity. This other software also considers things like shop traffic and pageviews. It's not just videos. We track views in order to pay royalties to the Japanese licensors. They also like to know how many views each of their anime get.

@albinosanta - The site was updated because we had users telling us that it was confusing to navigate. Only time will tell if this new site is any better. However, the team is already looking into how this version of the site can be improved based on the feedback that has been provided, and we'd love to hear more. If you have any specific changes you'd like to see, please provide it in this thread, in the Suggestion Box forum, or in the other site feedback thread.

1. The English language option is in the player. Click on the little gear. If English is available, it will appear under "Audio". If the show is playing in Japanese, then you've found one of the few anime without an English dub.

If you'd like further assistance with this, please let me know which anime and episode you were trying to watch.

1. This isn't a bug. The player will stall if it thinks you're not actually watching it. It needs to be in an active window. I usually pull the tab out as its own window. Then I work on other stuff in other windows. As long as the window isn't minimized and is in the active browser tab, the player will keep going.

2. The Queue does not display a list of videos you've already watched. It only displays the video that you should most likely watch based on your history. Are you actually looking at your history?

@funimation-user-2875041 - Please sit tight. If Support has not gotten back to you within 24 hours, please @ me in this thread, and I'll investigate.

@josefhiggins - Please see my #2 response to @alibinosanta.

@jesse206 - Filters were left off due to development time. We'll be adding more. I had required even more filters and sorts than the last site had.

@Fangoram69 - 20 mbps down is plenty of speed. This is likely an issue on our end. The audio is a separate issue that is also being investigated. The cancel button was fixed. Please keep an eye on the Support Forum as I'll be announcing fixes over there.

• @funimation-user-3230017160 sorry about that

• @kaylakaze I'm in the same profession, and this site is definitely not "live" quality. Very disappointing