UK Apps

• What is going on with all the UK apps?! The iOS app is only available in the Irish store not the UK App Store, the PS4 app isn't available yet, the Android app isn't available, pretty sure the Windows Store app isn't around either.

Pretty disappointed with Funimation over the last few month since the UK launch:

• Support Tickets seem to have a mind of their own, sometimes they get through and sometimes they don't.
    • My original account got messed up and now wont accept any payment methods
    • Buffering at peak times is still an issue
    • the new website doesn't work well in the Windows Edge browser (I'd use Chrome but I can't log in to the forums with that - I always get redirected to the My Account page and can't create a topic)

Luckily I managed to re-download the old iOS app from my purchase history but its not a great user experience. Mind you, it definitely hasn't been a good user experience since day 1!

• @nikkunaku said in UK Apps:

the new website doesn't work well in the Windows Edge browser

Works perfect for me, using Win 10 Mobile Edge browser though. Also possible addons/settings u have may interfere.

Else, I am quite surprised on Edge performance. Usually Windows users get thrown under bus on everything. But no matter...

• The only add-on I have in Edge is the Reddit Enhancement Suite and even if I turn that off, it makes no difference. Edge works well in the sense that I can actually log on to the Forum but the fonts are all wrong, the site goes to a mobile phone layout if I reduce the browser window to half-width on my 1080p monitor, the unread message indicator on the forum pages permanently shows that I have 86 messages despite having none (icon doesn't even appear in Chrome), my avatar doesn't show up in the top-right and a few other annoyances like videos defaulting to English.

Normally, none of this would bother me but because all the apps I usually use are not available anymore/yet, I'm stuck with a browser or my partner's iOS device when I can.

Edit: Seems like the unread messages is total unread on the forum? Bit odd though that the icon doesn't even appear on Chrome and that it always shows 86 on Edge! I don't mean to sound like a d**k but I've just been so frustrated by Funimation since it went live in the UK - at least it had a beta sticker back then to try and explain some of the issues away!

the site goes to a mobile phone layout if I reduce the browser window to half-width on my 1080p monitor,

Perhaps need to watch content full screen, then. Although I know people who like to multitask...

the unread message indicator on the forum pages permanently shows that I have 86 messages despite having none

Did you go and press button to "mark all read"? Again, works for me. BTW, if u go to each subforum, u can disable notifications for everything (save for show sites I think)

my avatar doesn't show up in the top-right

It doesn't if you're on funimation.com/forum domain; if u are on main site the icon shows, at least for me.

and a few other annoyances like videos defaulting to English

Yes, IDK too much about this one. This was likewise problem on old site as well, getting stuck usually on Japanese sub.

The iOS app is only available in the Irish store not the UK App Store

Huh. I hadn't noticed because I already had it installed, but you're right,

the PS4 app isn't available yet,

Sophie says it is coming "very, very soon"

the Android app isn't available

Like iOS, that seems to have disappeared (not in search and "not available in your country" on direct access)

pretty sure the Windows Store app isn't around either.

I don't believe that was out yet before the relaunch.

the new website doesn't work well in the Windows Edge browser (I'd use Chrome but I can't log in to the forums with that - I always get redirected to the My Account page and can't create a topic)

Edge works well in the sense that I can actually log on to the Forum but the fonts are all wrong, the site goes to a mobile phone layout if I reduce the browser window to half-width on my 1080p monitor

I was using both on day one since one of my accounts wasn't logging into the forums. The only problem I had on my surface is the menus at the top don't work with a touchscreen as they do not stay open so I would actually prefer the mobile layout. I expect that there is no specific " mobile layout" however, and the site uses a responsive design that changes based on the size of the viewport and.. yes. If I reduce the width of the browser window on a PC the hamburger button replaces the top menu. If I go further I can get the handy fly out menu for the forums on the right that I normally only see on my phone (actually with I got this on my iPad also)

• I just re-checked the iOS store and there is a new app (not just an republished update; I now have both versions installed): https://appsto.re/gb/kzghab.i
    It seems to indicate an Apple TV app also, which I've yet to confirm.

There's also a new Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Funimation.FunimationNow
    My phone is recharging in another room, but it is again a new app as it wasn't "bought" and I have set it to install remotely.

• @Shirobane

Does it delete the old app after install? If so, wonder if installation issues with Android is what nerfed it. But may simply be how they do things, as well...

• @thegrandalliance I have two versions of the app installed on both platforms. There also is indeed now an Apple TV app.