Poor New Design for Apps and Site

• I love the funimation service, especially since the advent of the simuldubs, but the way the new site and many of the apps are design now is just awful to navigate. There's so much more layers of clicking to get through, the continue watching section is full of stuff I haven't watched in months instead of stuff I'm actually currently watching, displaying all the episodes is a pain, load times for queue on the site often take forever, etc, etc.

I liked the previous incarnation of the ps4 app. I really had no major issues with it, except that the autoplay feature would start episode 1 of a show if I didn't back out quickly enough. This service has come a long way since its early days in terms of streaming, but this is disappointing. I've got like 4 or 5 new episodes of current seasons to watch and I just don't feel like bothering with them right now because of all of this. I'm actually deterred from using Funimation right now.

Please, go back to the old layout at least. Better yet, take a good look at Netflix, Crunchyroll, Hulu and even Amazon Video. As user interfaces, they're all much better for streaming shows than the mess I'm currently looking at, both in console apps and web browsers.

• If you are referring specifically to the Playstation App, there is a central feedback thread for that here: https://www.funimationnow.uk/forum/topic/10123/playstation-funimationnow-app-feedback

• Yes, PlayStation is in other thread.

Could you elaborate on the Continue Watching carousel? It's supposed to display the Shows in your History in order of last watched grouped by Show. Does it not do this? Is the order the same across all the apps and the site? Which apps? Could you maybe post screenshots?

• @Sophie said in Poor New Design for Apps and Site:

Yes, PlayStation is in other thread.

Could you elaborate on the Continue Watching carousel? It's supposed to display the Shows in your History in order of last watched grouped by Show. Does it not do this? Is the order the same across all the apps and the site? Which apps? Could you maybe post screenshots?

Sorry but every single time I try to even post in that thread that's linked the website logs me off and I have to log in. Again.

I can understand having a containment thread but why it is on the UK site only? Why hasn't one been made for the US one? Would seem to minimize the problematic logging off the site is doing.

• @MrHaru said in Poor New Design for Apps and Site:

Sorry but every single time I try to even post in that thread that's linked the website logs me off and I have to log in. Again.

I literally have that same problem. I login in click on something and either it crashes or whatever but i am logged out and told to log in again to comment

• I have the exact same feelings about the Xbox360 app its pretty bad. The colors are nice and I am sure a lot of hard work went into it, but from a functional standpoint its terrible. It does seem to be much slower than the last app.

• I absolutely hate the new redesign. It is not user friendly. My DVD remote for my PS3 has lost its function with the new update. The most annoying parts are that my shows lag or freeze more than ever and having to turn off the closed captions every freakin' episode. Also the site navigation is ridiculously laggy causing one to click on the wrong link and have wait for it to load just to back out of it. Think I'm gonna have to cancel this and go strictly with CR. The new funimation now changes have really soured my anime experience. Did they even beta test these apps with some of their consumers before rolling out these poorly designed changes? The only complaint I had about the old app was the 30 second ff or rewind, but that was minor and didn't bother me all that much. Funimation, please fix your app, it's terrible and I can't think of one thing I like about it.

• @MrHaru said in Poor New Design for Apps and Site:

I can understand having a containment thread but why it is on the UK site only? Why hasn't one been made for the US one? Would seem to minimize the problematic logging off the site is doing.

It isn't only on the UK site, but I can only access the UK site. As far as the forums are concerned, the only difference is the domain. Try https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/10123/playstation-funimationnow-app-feedback