Outlaw Star Discussion Thread

• Making this since there's no Outlaw Star Section.

I seen a couple of episodes a while back. I thought it was good.

• Can someone move this to the Anime & Manga section please?

• Who has the Anime Legends DVD Box Set?

I don't. I'm waiting for the Blu-Ray to come over here.

• Ill buy the bluray as soon as it pops up in a hear beat. Don't they have the rights to the show? Im pretty sure the japanese bluray is out. But man i want to buy it on Blu ray ill pay a premium for it.

• Outlaw Star was my gateway drug anime back in the days of Toonami, and it still remains an all-time favorite. I've been keeping an eye on the UK bluray release, and honestly I'm very tempted to import it. In fact it's generally much cheaper to import the UK releases of series licensed by Aniplex since they jack their prices up so much, so it might honestly be worth shelling out a bit extra for a multi-region bluray player. That being said, I really do hope Funimation decides to give the BD set a proper US release. It's been a few years since they picked up the license, so now I'm getting paranoid that it's going to go to the way of the Steins;Gate movie and take 6 years to come out.

• It's time to rewatch this series. It's been awhile. In a lot of little ways this series was Cowboy Bebop before Cowboy Bebop for me. Such a great show with an older style.

Edit: Zethus, I believe my copy is the DVD Legends collection, but it's put away right now and I won't be able to dig it out until next weekend.

• @pickelsurprise said in Outlaw Star Discussion Thread:

Outlaw Star was my gateway drug anime back in the days of Toonami, and it still remains an all-time favorite. I've been keeping an eye on the UK bluray release, and honestly I'm very tempted to import it. In fact it's generally much cheaper to import the UK releases of series licensed by Aniplex since they jack their prices up so much, so it might honestly be worth shelling out a bit extra for a multi-region bluray player. That being said, I really do hope Funimation decides to give the BD set a proper US release. It's been a few years since they picked up the license, so now I'm getting paranoid that it's going to go to the way of the Steins;Gate movie and take 6 years to come out.

Is a PS4 a multi region blu ray player?

• @Zethus Honestly I doubt it, but I guess it's possible. You'd have to google it to find out. If it's not, there are some fairly cheap multi-region players out there. I haven't ordered one just yet, but I've been looking at a company called 220 Electronics. Their players all have multi-region options, and they're not that much more expensive than the standard ones.

• @Zethus The PS4 is definitely not multiregion, for BDs or DVDs.