Please support my petition to get Your Name released in Puerto Rico

• Hey everyone, I wouldn't be asking for this if I didn't think it would be necessary, but since Funimation has announced that Your Name (Kimi no Na Wa) will be released theatrically in North American theaters on April 7, I have been in the hopes of asking for more help from you guys from their own forums. You see, Funimation releases their films theatrically throughout the US, but despite being a part of the US, none of their theatrical films ever come to Puerto Rico, where I live along with thousands of otaku living here. It's not just Funimation; Puerto Rico hasn't had a good track record of anime films released theatrically, since anime film releases here are extremely rare. Only Studio Ghibli movies (and not even most) and some films based on popular anime (Like Yu-Gi-Oh or DBZ) have ever gotten released theatrically out here, but the last anime film to ever be released here was Dragonball Z: Resurrection F, and this was a month or two before the film was released theatrically in the US, so we got to see it in Spanish dubbing. The ONLY films that ever got released here from Funimation's releases were the live action Attack On Titan movies (which was made possible by fan petitioning online; both films were released in one day as a marathon) and Shin Godzilla (they said they would release it on Central America but never did, at least not during the film's theatrical run). Both of these movies were ever released as part of our annual Horror Film Festival, but aside from these, none of Funimation's other films were ever released in theaters the same way. Which is why, I wanted to take action for Your Name, arguably the most successful anime film of 2016 if not of all time, since Funimation announced the film will be released theatrically in the US in 2017. Now we have a date, but we don't have confirmation on where it will be released. That's why I started this petition before the end of 2016, to get Funimation and Caribbean cinemas (movie theater chain in Puerto Rico) to release this film in theaters out here in Puerto Rico during the time of the film's theatrical run. It would make a lot of sense financially for this film to be released out here, but more importantly, since we are a big majority, the film can be enjoyed not just by anime fans like myself, but by curious filmgoers interested in watching art from other countries. It's a huge win-win for everyone, but it's not gonna happen unless we can speak up for it. Since the petition was formed, we had 72 signatures (due to low exposure) and even Stephanie Sheh (Mitsuha's English VA) spread the petition on her Twitter page for others to read and sign, and now I want to ask you all to please lend me your support. The link for the petition is below: please read it, sign and share so that others may spread the word as well. I wouldn't be asking if it weren't necessary, which is why, from one anime fan speaking on behalf of thousands to several others, please read, sign and share, and give us a chance to show Funimation that we here in Puerto Rico are loud fans of anime who want to enjoy this movie the same way as the US will come April 7. Thank you.

https://www.change.org/p/funimation-bring-makoto-shinkai-s-your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-to-puerto-rico

• Isn't this supposed to be in Petitions & Promotions Section. Can someone help and move this thread.

• @Zethus I've been posting it to the Petitions and promotions thread but every time I do, it posts it here. I don't know why

• @Sorenthehero117 said in Please support my petition to get Your Name released in Puerto Rico:

@Zethus I've been posting it to the Petitions and promotions thread but every time I do, it posts it here. I don't know why

Probably it's a bug. Don't worry, SpacemanHardy will move this thread.

• @Zethus cool thanks. Hopefully this way, people can read it and sign. I'm trying to raise awareness so that funimation releases Your Name in Puerto Rico where we live for its theatrical run. We are part of the US after all

• @Sorenthehero117 said in Please support my petition to get Your Name released in Puerto Rico:

@Zethus cool thanks. Hopefully this way, people can read it and sign. I'm trying to raise awareness so that funimation releases Your Name in Puerto Rico where we live for its theatrical run. We are part of the US after all

Have not seen "your name" but I heard it's like the "Titanic" of anime.

• @Zethus I haven't seen it either, but given the box office records it's broken, the numerous awards it's won, and widespread attention it's receiving everywhere INCLUDING China of all places, I've been excited about it for a long time now. It's made by Makoto Shinkai (director of 5 centimeters per second) and is a romance between two long distance teenagers who by mysterious circumstances end up switching bodies and must live each other's life in the process (least that's what I can muster without spoiling the movie for myself).

• Thread has been moved to the proper area.

• @SpacemanHardy thanks. Been having trouble getting it posted in the correct thread :)

• @Sorenthehero117 That seems to be an issue that's going around. It might not hurt to send in a support ticket to www.funimation.com/contact-us and let the tech team know about it, so they can hopefully fix it.

@Zethus I haven't seen it either, but given the box office records it's broken, the numerous awards it's won, and widespread attention it's receiving everywhere INCLUDING China of all places, I've been excited about it for a long time now. It's made by Makoto Shinkai (director of 5 centimeters per second) and is a romance between two long distance teenagers who by mysterious circumstances end up switching bodies and must live each other's life in the process (least that's what I can muster without spoiling the movie for myself).

I have seen Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below on Toonami when it aired.

• @Zethus i bought it the day after seeing it on Toonami. I nearly cried watching it. It's a masterpiece. I'm trying to get Your Name, his latest film, to be released theatrically here where we live. So far we have 72 signatures.

@Zethus i bought it the day after seeing it on Toonami. I nearly cried watching it. It's a masterpiece. I'm trying to get Your Name, his latest film, to be released theatrically here where we live. So far we have 72 signatures.

I live in Mississippi and Anime rarely shows up in theaters from where I live.
    Besides, I mostly buy from Amazon for anime and stuff.