Funimation logo when watching shows

• Hello, I find it extremely distracting to have the funimation logo in the bottom right of the screen as you watch your video. It dosent really add anything to the experience and its just takes away from the show.

(Just to be clear this is on the PC version of funimation)

• It's to help prevent piracy. If anyone attempts to rip the episode and upload it illegally to YouTube or another streaming site, that's when the algorithms kick in and block the video.

It isn't perfect, but it's just another necessary evil we have to live with in this day of piracy.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Funimation logo when watching shows:

It's to help prevent piracy. If anyone attempts to rip the episode and upload it illegally to YouTube or another streaming site, that's when the algorithms kick in and block the video.

It isn't perfect, but it's just another necessary evil we have to live with in this day of piracy.

Sorry to say but this sounds more like an excuse than an answer. There has to be better ways of preventing piracy than this. Especially considering no other streaming service I know of uses such a crude method. Honestly I'm considering unsubscribing until this gets sorted out it honestly just ruins the shows for me.

edit Oh and by the way you cant reply on Microsoft edge. I don't know why but it simply will not work.

• @funimation-user-2286968 said in Funimation logo when watching shows:

edit Oh and by the way you cant reply on Microsoft edge. I don't know why but it simply will not work.

This sounds like a technical issue. Please submit a ticket to www.funimation.com/contact-us and let the tech team know about it.

• This is just another case of "anti-piracy" techniques that harm the consumer experience and does nothing for them. Meanwhile the pirates get the better end of the stick. I'm willing to bet real money they can rip streams without the watermark if they want to.

• @Neco For the record, this might only be true for the website itself. On the Roku and various other apps, the Funimation logo doesn't appear.

If you have a device that supports a FuniNow app, I'd recommend using it instead of the website, if the Funimation logo truly bothers you that much.