Where's Outlaw Star on Blu-Ray?

• UK's already have the Blu-ray for Outlaw Star. What's taking FUNIMATION so long. Just release it already.

• Oops it went to the Fun and Games section. It should be in the Petitions and Promotions section.

• @Zethus Fixed.

And to answer your question, because Sunrise likes to take their sweet time. Don't forget that All the Anime got both Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne LONG before we did. I expect the same to be the case with Outlaw Star as well.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Where's Outlaw Star on Blu-Ray?:

And to answer your question, because Sunrise likes to take their sweet time. Don't forget that All the Anime got both Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne LONG before we did. I expect the same to be the case with Outlaw Star as well.

Thanks Hardy! If it's not released from FUNIMATION by the end of this year, I'll buy the Anime Legends box set.

@Zethus Fixed.

So could we take this as confirmation that Funimation will release the bluray set in the US eventually, or is that still a step too far? Outlaw Star was my gateway drug anime and it's still an all-time favorite to this day, so I'm strongly considering importing the UK release as well. If it's reasonably certain that it'll be available locally at some point, I think I can hold off for now.

• @pickelsurprise said in Where's Outlaw Star on Blu-Ray?:

@SpacemanHardy said in Where's Outlaw Star on Blu-Ray?:

@Zethus Fixed.

So could we take this as confirmation that Funimation will release the bluray set in the US eventually, or is that still a step too far? Outlaw Star was my gateway drug anime and it's still an all-time favorite to this day, so I'm strongly considering importing the UK release as well. If it's reasonably certain that it'll be available locally at some point, I think I can hold off for now.

You would need a region free Blu Ray Player for that.

• It's so funny how fans don't have any patience,you want everything right now.it's so funny.

• @joe-funi Well, considering it's been over three years since it was announced that they had the license, at this point I think it's less a case of wanting it "right now" and wanting to see it actually come out within their lifetime.

Frankly, I see nothing wrong with complaining about why Outlaw Star isn't out yet. After this long, it's starting to really get ridiculous.

@joe-funi Well, considering it's been over three years since it was announced that they had the license, at this point I think it's less a case of wanting it "right now" and wanting to see it actually come out within their lifetime.

Frankly, I see nothing wrong with complaining about why Outlaw Star isn't out yet. After this long, it's starting to really get ridiculous.

Well i understand that,but i just think that patience is something that fans need to understand.we don't live in Japan,everyone just needs to chill.it'll come out in the US.

• Yeah, I mean it's not going to kill me if it doesn't come out tomorrow or anything. I already own the whole series on DVD, so it's not like I need it. I just really like this show, and I'd love to own a BD copy of it if possible. My main concern right now is it'll turn out like the Steins;Gate movie where it takes them 6 years to release it after getting the license. We're already halfway there, so it is what it is I suppose.

• I think that the show would be 1080p 4:3. That's how most old anime on Blu-Ray are.

• I just want the BD so I can get it to current format I have original
    Box set on DVD and disc are starting to break down a little after so many years I think outlaw star was actually my first box set I still remember taking plastic wrap off it