FUNimation & Giant Ape New Title Solicitations for 2018 (Up to May)

• @GoldCrusader

that's place holder art. if you look closely, you can see Art Not Final on the cover

• @Getchman it looks pretty final to me. When you look at the limited edition whole set picture it's the same. I also don't know why they went with the season 1 hero costumes when we don't see them once during the first cour of season 2. Their sport uniform would have been much better.

• Just a note, the store info on Ms. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Chaos;Head do not indicate they include the OVAs.

Funimation tweeted out that Dragon Maid will include the OVA as sub only
    Chaos;Child now has back of box info indicating it includes the OVA as well as episode 0 recap of Chaos;Head

• 3 days til the May 2018 Solicitations are revealed!

• @Zethus said in FUNimation & Giant Ape New Title Solicitations for 2018 (Up to April):

3 days til the May 2018 Solicitations are revealed!

fingers crossed for "Testament of Sister New Devil Burst" and or "Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy".

I suspect between May and August we will probably get "Akashic Records of a Bastard Magic Instructor", "Clockwork Planet", "Love Tyrant", "Sakura Quest" , "Seven Mortal Sins" and "Worldend: Impossibly Long Name"

Should be a pretty stacked summer.

I haven't watched WorldEnd yet. I really want to, but I know it's sad, which kind of sucks. I finished Steins;Gate VN a month ago, and although it had a lot of sad endings, at least the final ending was happy.

• May:
    5/08 Ace Attorney Part Two
    5/08 Parasyte Parts One and Two (live action not the anime of course.)
    5/15 All Out!! Part Two
    5/15 Tsukigakirei
    5/15 One Piece Season 9
    5/15 elDLive
    5/22 Tsugumomo
    5/29 Show By Rock Season Two + shorts
    5/29 Clockwork Planet.

• Looks like One purchase.

• @lcdude said in FUNimation & Giant Ape New Title Solicitations for 2018 (Up to April):

5/08 Parasyte Parts One and Two (live action not the anime of course.)

Okay, that clarifies things; I was wondering, "why put that there if Sentai has the anime?"

• a limited edition for Tsukigakirei would've been nice.

alt text

Honestly an extremely lackluster month for me.

• Yawn.....Clockwork Planet may be nice...but how long are we going to have to wait for Testament of Sister New Devil Burst and Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy? Home releases for these were announced back in July of 2017

No Limited Editions for the month of May at all

Speculation was that Hybrid x Heart missed the November release because the Publisher planned to release a box set in Japan.
    I see no box set on Amazon Japan, and I see no mention of a box set on the official Japanese homepage.

Testament of Sister New Devil is getting a box set including both seasons which drops on the 23rd of this month. If that is delaying the release of Burst in North America, I wonder how long we will have to wait.

• I think that there's a backlash on FUNimation's Social Media for the lackluster Solicitations.

• Looks like my wallet can recover from April. Nothing really interests me but just gives me hope that Funi could get the JoJo live action movie.

• Tsugumomo is pretty much the only thing I'm interested in I feel it was a pretty underrated show that didn't get as much attention as it should have, I also hope they were able to get the uncensored version cause the production company went back and reanimated whole scenes and Japanese companies can sometimes get weird when they do that when it comes to what materials they give.

• @lcdude said in FUNimation & Giant Ape New Title Solicitations for 2018 (Up to April):

Tsugumomo is pretty much the only thing I'm interested in I feel it was a pretty underrated show that didn't get as much attention as it should have, I also hope they were able to get the uncensored version cause the production company went back and reanimated whole scenes and Japanese companies can sometimes get weird when they do that when it comes to what materials they give.

They will. Why shouldn't they?

• One day I might see Planetarain on this list...

• First no limited edition for Zestiria the X 2 and now no limited edition for Tsukigakirei....so disappointed. Won't buy anything I guess.

• While im sad Tsukigakirie isn't a LE I'm so happy it's coming out. It's an underrated gem!

• This post is deleted!

• @HOOfan1

Off hand I would guess that the second season of Sister New Devil won't be available until about August.

I tend to think that we won't see Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy at all. It just seems to me that the way the release got pulled, that it was more of a cancellation than a delay.

• @Dalmation1013 said in [FUNimation & Giant Ape New Title Solicitations for

I tend to think that we won't see Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy at all. It just seems to me that the way the release got pulled, that it was more of a cancellation than a delay.

If that's the case why didn't Funimation come straight out and say so, instead of "we will update our distribution plan in 2018"