Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy (Future Arc)

• This is a thread to discuss anything and everything regarding the Future Arc of Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy. There were a lot of really crazy things that went down this episode, so feel free to join in.

What did you guys think of the first episode?

For my part, I really enjoyed seeing all of the upper members of the Future Foundation. That was really cool!

• I've been keeping up with the subbed version, but as someone who played the games and watched the first anime all in English, I've been eagerly looking forward to the dubbed version! And I must say it was quite awesome. :)

It was nice to go over the first episode again with the English voices, everyone sounds really good. The Future Foundation members are all on point, and the returning cast from the DR1 anime fell right back into their characters with ease. Even though I have such a soft spot and overall preference for the game voice actor's performances of the DR1 characters, I do feel that the anime VA's have all found their own places for those characters and have made them their own. Kyoko, Aoi, Yasuhiro, and Monokuma all felt right and welcoming for anyone whose seen the first anime series' dub, with all of them having strong performances. And of course, Bryce Papenbrook, the English voice of Makoto in all mediums, returns to his role perfectly once again. :)

As for our crew of Future Foundation members, they all sound great. I've been wanting to hear more of Ricco Fajardo for awhile now, so I'm happy he's playing Munakata, and so far he's doing a great job in the role. I'm sure he'll be fantastic for all of the guy's heavy dialogue to come later. Everyone else sounded great too, but I wanna give some special props to Danganronpa veteran Erin Fitzgerald for giving Seiko such a lovely voice! Definitely excited to hear more of her. :) (Also Tia Ballard's Bandai is perfect, just sayin')

Anyway, on to the episode itself, it's really a great introduction. I'm so intrigued on what could possibly be the purpose behind this killing game and who's pulling the strings this time. Monokuma specifically points out how this is the final confrontation between him and Makoto, and based on where things stand now, it's very likely this whole thing is a last ditch effort from all things Despair trying to wipe out Hope, or at least something like that. As we know following Danganronpa 2, the Remnants of Despair are no longer a threat thanks to Makoto and the gang's efforts (even if it went against Future Foundation), but the influence of what the Remnants have done in the world is still prevalent, and even without them present, terrorism and despair are still rampant in the world. But even so, no matter how you look at it, things can only get better from this point on. The world is slowly returning to normal as the despair craze is dying out. So… is this killing game an attempt to prevent a hopeful future like that somehow? There are so many things to wonder...
    Who could the mastermind be, and what is their ultimate goal? And what will the end result be? What kind of Future awaits these characters and the world at the end of this game?

I'm so excited to see how this all plays out, as the story of Hope's Peak finally comes to an end. :)

• Just a reminder to everyone that many of us are following along in the dub, which just started yesterday, so please use Spoiler tags when discussing potential spoiler material. Thanks!

That being said, be advised that since this is a discussion, you should at least be caught up with the current dub episodes.

• @nubguy:

Just a reminder to everyone that many of us are following along in the dub, which just started yesterday, so please use Spoiler tags when discussing potential spoiler material. Thanks!

If you're referencing me specifically here, I do want to assure that despite opening by saying I followed the subtitled version beforehand, my post only talks about stuff in Episode 1, so no need to worry. ^^;

• @BalmungHHQ:

If you're referencing me specifically here, I do want to assure that despite opening by saying I followed the subtitled version beforehand, my post only talks about stuff in Episode 1, so no need to worry. ^^;

Haha Oh okay cool! Thanks for clearing that up. To be honest, I stopped reading after you mentioned you followed the sub version. :P My bad, I jumped the gun on that one.

As for the episode itself, I agree, it was really awesome to see all of the returning characters, as well as many of the new characters too. As you said, all of the voice actors did a great job. The Future Foundation has a lot of cool members! First episode was really interesting, seeing the aftermath of DR2 with Makoto getting charged for treason. Later, when they said that all the exits had been sealed off, I had this sinking feeling and I just said, not again. Damn Monokuma!

You bring up a good point though. Who is behind the Monokuma with the AI, and what is their endgame.

Yeah seriously though! It is cool that they are doing two anime at once, kind of amazing really. Lol I am going to watch Despair Arc later when I get off work.