2016 Voice Actor/Seiyuu Tournament Discussion Thread

• The 9th Voice Actor Tournament is almost upon us!

Whether you have participated in previous events or not, this year's event will be much shorter than usual due to the impending forum change. There will only be 64 people to vote on this year, and the bracket will be divided into four sections, so that there can be a winner for each category.

This is my fourth year taking over for former member Gyt Kaliba's event. At first, it was exclusive to people in the industry who dubbed anime - but has since expanded to people who have also done western cartoons and video games. And of course, it was only a matter of time before seiyuu joined the mix.

Here are our former champions:

2008 Winner: Vic Mignogna
    2009 Winner: Brina Palencia
    2010 Winner: Crispin Freeman
    2011 Winner: Luci Christian
    2012 Winner: Jamie Marchi
    2013 Winner: Steve Blum
    2014 Winner: Laura Bailey
    2015 Winner: Mel Blanc

As champions, the voice talents listed above won't be taking part.

Since we only have 64 this year (unlike the usual 256) I selected those who made it to last year's round-of-32 automatically, and I gave the other half to those I felt qualified based on how they have performed in previous tournaments. However, I did take fan-favorites into consideration, just to maintain interest ~_^

This will be a single-elimination tournament. Here is the bracket of all 64 voice talents:

Non-squinting version

Event begins Friday night, August 12th!

• @7jaws7:

Event begins Friday night, August 12th!

Well, I guess count me out then… as I will be "banned" supposedly for awhile.

However, if you can permit it, consider a +1 vote for "Kikuko Inoue" on each ballot on my behalf. Indeed, I went to the East Coast for the first/only time, just to see her at a con. But no matter...

BTW, if you don't "want to squint", try adjusting the "Page Zoom" on your browser. If on moble, just zoom in like usual. Mission accomplished...

• No Mark Hamil, guess I won't be voting for anything aside for Wendee and Cherami.

• @darthrutsula:

No Mark Hamil

I really couldn't include him without Kevin Conroy, and vice-versa.

And sorry TGA, but your vote must be present - but I can vote for her in your place in the first match if I can remember it! (though my posted votes will only count half to help prevent ties…)

• This would be fun if I knew who these people were. Maybe one day I'll do some research on them, until then I'd like to enjoy watching dubs w/o saying "o look that guy also voices that guy in that other series". (That has happened and I don't like it >_<, but he did have a pretty distinct voice.. idk)

Anyways…. GL to all the participants

• @Anthony:

This would be fun if I knew who these people were.

Wikipedia is your friend….....

• @thegrandalliance:

Wikipedia is your friend….....

//////
    @Anthony:

Maybe one day I'll do some research on them, until then I'd like to enjoy watching dubs w/o saying "o look that guy also voices that guy in that other series". (That has happened and I don't like it , but he did have a pretty distinct voice.. idk)