New to the forums, looking for an entry point and anime suggestions.

• Hello, my name is Jason Sato. I've been a Funimation subscriber for almost two years now and am no newcomer to anime. However, I am new to the forums and am looking for an entry point there. As for my personal life, I'm a bored stock trader with too much time on his hands. My parents were both expats, with one being from the UK, and the other from Japan, and thusly, my own culture is an eclectic mix. You are free to ask me any questions in that regard if my life isn't as boring as I think it, as it'd give me something to do. As for anime recommendations, I am aware I am supposed to state what I like. My favourite anime on this site so far are Speed Grapher, Eden of the East, Terror in Resonance, Sankarea, and Black Lagoon. I like animes that are not too heavily reliant on tropes, those that have psychological undertones, like action, and strongly prefer strong character development and a good story over any other factors. Due to my preference of strong character development and a good story, if the anime has those two things, the other criteria can be disregarded to a degree. Thanks in advance.

• Welcome to the forums, Jason. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

• @jason_of_london:

Hello, my name is Jason Sato. I've been a Funimation subscriber for almost two years now and am no newcomer to anime. However, I am new to the forums and am looking for an entry point there. As for my personal life, I'm a bored stock trader with too much time on his hands. My parents were both expats, with one being from the UK, and the other from Japan, and thusly, my own culture is an eclectic mix. You are free to ask me any questions in that regard if my life isn't as boring as I think it, as it'd give me something to do. As for anime recommendations, I am aware I am supposed to state what I like. My favourite anime on this site so far are Speed Grapher, Eden of the East, Terror in Resonance, Sankarea, and Black Lagoon. I like animes that are not too heavily reliant on tropes, those that have psychological undertones, like action, and strongly prefer strong character development and a good story over any other factors. Due to my preference of strong character development and a good story, if the anime has those two things, the other criteria can be disregarded to a degree. Thanks in advance.

Try out Psycho Pass.

• @jason_of_london:

However, I am new to the forums and am looking for an entry point there. As for my personal life, I'm a bored stock trader with too much time on his hands.

Indeed, am I being hit hard riding NYSEARCA: UVXY all the way down; only a matter of time now…

• This post is deleted!

• @MysticGon:

Try out Psycho Pass.

Psycho Pass was pretty good. I might give it a rewatch. Thanks.

@thegrandalliance:

Indeed, am I being hit hard riding NYSEARCA: UVXY all the way down; only a matter of time now…

You too, mate? I can't say I've been hit hard, as I'm still profiting wildly, mostly by utilisation of VIX, and capitalisation on the destabilisation of things via investment in the military-industrial complex, but damn. All my mates who trade have been hit hard though.

EDIT: Please do not double post. Use the Edit Post button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• By the way Jason, I just wanted to inform you that the forums are automatically flagging your posts as moderated. Don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong, but I highly recommend you send in a ticket to www.funimation.com/support and let the admins know about this issue. The website can be kinda wonky sometimes. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

By the way Jason, I just wanted to inform you that the forums are automatically flagging your posts as moderated. Don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong, but I highly recommend you send in a ticket to www.funimation.com/support and let the admins know about this issue. The website can be kinda wonky sometimes. :hmm:

Done and done. Also, question. Do you know what formatting these forums use? It's certainly not HTML-type markup, thought that'd be easier because I know it. (If I can figure out what formatting is used, I can pin down the syntax rather easily, and cut the learning curve by a factor of at least 3.)

• @jason_of_london:

Done and done. Also, question. Do you know what formatting these forums use? It's certainly not HTML-type markup, thought that'd be easier because I know it. (If I can figure out what formatting is used, I can pin down the syntax rather easily, and cut the learning curve by a factor of at least 3.)

That I'm not sure of. All I know is that the forums are powered by vBulletin for the time being, but soon we will be switching over to a different format in the coming weeks, according to Sophie that is.

• @SpacemanHardy:

That I'm not sure of. All I know is that the forums are powered by vBulletin for the time being, but soon we will be switching over to a different format in the coming weeks, according to Sophie that is.

I have a manual on vBulletin somewhere. It may come in handy until we switch to the new format. Thanks, mate.

• This post is deleted!

• @jason_of_london:

I have a manual on vBulletin somewhere. It may come in handy until we switch to the new format. Thanks, mate.

It is BBCode, the guide is down below on the bottom of the page where it says "BB code is On".

http://www.funimation.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

That is stuff like, **and the like.

@SpacemanHardy:

The website can be kinda wonky sometimes. :hmm:

Yea, CJ must have done something bad again… Even I is having to solve stupid reCAPTCA puzzles now to make posts at times...**

• Welcome to the forums, Jason! :)

• @ariocto14:

Welcome to the forums, Jason! :)

Thanks, mate.

• Hey
    Im tj and im new too

• @coolkid`2:

Hey
    Im tj and I'm new too

Welcome to the forums, TJ! :)