Question about how long it takes to release a dub/DVD

• Well, I've been keeping my eye out hoping for a dub, or at least an announcement about the DVD for an anime FUNimation streamed last year. It started airing in July 2015, and had 12 episodes. What I would like to know is, how long does FUNimation usually take before they announce the DVD and/or broadcast dub? I don't know if some anime take longer than others to get it, but I would like an estimated guess. If anyone has any idea about it, please let me know. Thank you.

• What show specifically are you talking about?

In general, a show may take about 10-18 months from the time the show ended to the time it's released by Funimation. Some examples of shows from the season prior to the one your show is from, Spring 2015, so these shows ended in June 2015

Seraph of the End Season 1 - May 24, 2016 Release
    Highschool DxD Born - Sept 6, 2016 Release
    Heroic Legend of Arslan Part 1 - Aug 23, 2016 Release
    Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan - Sept 13, 2016 Release

Going by a release window like that, I'd expect shows that aired in the Summer 2015 season to see release dates from Nov 2016-Jan 2017.

• @Barbobot:

What show specifically are you talking about?

In general, a show may take about 10-18 months from the time the show ended to the time it's released by Funimation. Some examples of shows from the season prior to the one your show is from, Spring 2015, so these shows ended in June 2015

Seraph of the End Season 1 - May 24, 2016 Release
    Highschool DxD Born - Sept 6, 2016 Release
    Heroic Legend of Arslan Part 1 - Aug 23, 2016 Release
    Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan - Sept 13, 2016 Release

Going by a release window like that, I'd expect shows that aired in the Summer 2015 season to see release dates from Nov 2016-Jan 2017.

It's Junjo Romantica 3 I've been wondering about. Based on the info you gave me, I'm guessing it'll be another few months before the possible DVD is released, since it aired from July to September last year.

• This post is deleted!

• right now, the earliest we could see it released would be November. That's if they have home distribution rights for it. they could only have simulcast rights for it and it winds up being Nozomi Entertainment that releases it since they did release the previous two seasons

• okay. that makes sense.