At what point should I watch the Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess Movie?

• At what point should I watch the Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess Movie? And is it even canon?

• Like most movies based on long-running shows, it's not in the same timeline as the main series, so really anytime. However, it would probably be best to do it right around when you finish the first series of 175 episodes.

• @Gemnist:

Like most movies based on long-running shows, it's not in the same timeline as the main series, so really anytime. However, it would probably be best to do it right around when you finish the first series of 175 episodes.

What you mean by first series end? The show never ends it one show…

• Let's put it like this.

Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden, are technically speaking, different ANIME SERIES, but in actuality are the same manga story, just under different anime names. Another good example, is actually that Dragonball, and DragonballZ are the same manga story, but two different anime.

Basically, first 175 episodes are considered the "first series" then it took a little break for a while, and the 2nd series started, which was about 102 episodes long.

Anyways, you can watch the movie after Episode 123 or 124.

• After the grand magic games and the dragons arc imo.

• @classyspartan:

Let's put it like this.

Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden, are technically speaking, different ANIME SERIES, but in actuality are the same manga story, just under different anime names. Another good example, is actually that Dragonball, and DragonballZ are the same manga story, but two different anime.

Basically, first 175 episodes are considered the "first series" then it took a little break for a while, and the 2nd series started, which was about 102 episodes long.

Anyways, you can watch the movie after Episode 123 or 124.

Get that part what I don't get is if it's the if it's a different series then why are there multiple episodes mixed into one in the listings? In the case of Dragonball Dragonball Z there's different episodes listing… Like they start in it a new anime just, part 2 of the manga like they start again and that,change the name of the anime too... Why they don't do the same for Fairy Tail?

• @gohan6425:

Get that part what I don't get is if it's the if it's a different series then why are there multiple episodes mixed into one in the listings? In the case of Dragonball Dragonball Z there's different episodes listing… Like they start in it a new anime just, part 2 of the manga like they start again and that,change the name of the anime too... Why they don't do the same for Fairy Tail?

….........I honestly don't know what you're asking me right now I really don't.

Point is, it doesn't matter. In total there's currently 277 episodes of Fairy Tail anime out right now. All of which can be watched in order and there's no problem. Don't worry about it.

• @classyspartan:

….........I honestly don't know what you're asking me right now I really don't.

Point is, it doesn't matter. In total there's currently 277 episodes of Fairy Tail anime out right now. All of which can be watched in order and there's no problem. Don't worry about it.

Dragonball Z episode count 1 to 291 dragonball episode count 1. Fairy Tail Episode count continues even those part one and part two

• ep 176 beings where ep 175 ended. Still the same show, so there was no need to rename it or start a new episode count

• @Getchman:

ep 176 beings where ep 175 ended. Still the same show, so there was no need to rename it or start a new episode count

Uh? That do for DBZ and Naruto so why not???

• because it was/is still called Fairy Tail. it didn't get a fancy new letter or a new word in the title. Absolutely nothing changed between the break. it only stopped because the anime was too close to the manga. To be honest, I'm not sure why this even matters

• I'd say you need to at least get through the Key to the Starry Sky story before you watch it. It has some minor spoilers for some of the events during that arc. I will give you to warning that the move doesn't fit into the show anywhere though. I mean, it happens after certain events in the series that come after certain events that the movie happens before.

• @betuor:

I'd say you need to at least get through the Key to the Starry Sky story before you watch it. It has some minor spoilers for some of the events during that arc. I will give you to warning that the move doesn't fit into the show anywhere though. I mean, it happens after certain events in the series that come after certain events that the movie happens before.

What Ep. would that be??? So I can note it down?

• @gohan6425:

What Ep. would that be??? So I can note it down?

The FT wiki says Key of the Starry Sky arc is episodes 125-150.

• @Firefly:

The FT wiki says Key of the Starry Sky arc is episodes 125-150.

So after it or different the arc???

• AFTER.

You are completely from spoilers to watch the Fairy Tail movie after Episode 150.

• @gohan6425:

So after it or different the arc???

It's been so long since I watched the movie that I don't remember details, but betuor is saying that the movie has some mild spoilers for that arc, so after Key of the Starry Sky is probably best. It really doesn't fit in very well anywhere though, much like many other similar shounen series' movies.

• @classyspartan:

AFTER.

You are completely from spoilers to watch the Fairy Tail movie after Episode 150.

Ok so them after 150 them…

• Gohan, you'll notice that I've moved all of your Fairy Tail threads into the Fairy Tail sub-forum where they belong. From now on please post any new Fairy Tail-related topics in that forum instead of the Funimation General forum.

• I assume after Grand Magic games but before Sun Village. Either before or after the Eclipse Celestial Spirits arc.

• Technically speaking the movie takes place at some point between Grand Magic Games and Sun Village, but yes you can watch the movie at any point after Tenrou Island and there won't be any noticeable spoilers