New Tablet not compatible with FunimationNow

• This is what I sent to Support form:

On 08-01-2016 I bought a new tablet. The tablet I bought is another Proscan tablet. The tablet is a Proscan Android 5.1 Lollipop OS. I went to Google Play Store to see if the new app would be available for my new tablet. As like my 4.4.2 KitKat tablet it still says "Your device isn't compatible with this version." So why is any tablet that is made by Proscan not supported by the new app? Why can you get in contact with Proscan and ask them whatever you need to make the new app to work on my tablets? I want to see the anime I was in the middle of seeing. Thank you..

• Why are you buying some no-name brand tablet for in the first place? You know you can get Amazon Fire tablets sub $100 (and more if on sale) right?…

I am starting to think you are just buying reject hardware, and not a software issue. Unlike Microsoft products, Android's platform updates are controlled by the manufacturer. So if you buy a loser tablet from a loser company; good luck with support thereof...

• @thegrandalliance:

Why are you buying some no-name brand tablet for in the first place? You know you can get Amazon Fire tablets sub $100 (and more if on sale) right?…

I am starting to think you are just buying reject hardware, and not a software issue. Unlike Microsoft products, Android's platform updates are controlled by the manufacturer. So if you buy a loser tablet from a loser company; good luck with support thereof...

Because Proscan is all I can afford. I don't have family that can give me a Kindle Fire or like tablets. I am disabled and can't work and on SSI.

I will contact Proscan some how and get them to get Microsoft to send updates to the tablets with Android on them.

• @Hanssen01:

I will contact Proscan some how and get them to get Microsoft to send updates to the tablets with Android on them.

You misunderstand, Microsoft is Windows; Windows 10 Moble. They control their operating system. Whereas Android is a GOOGLE product. However, it is open-sourced, meaning the manufactures have control.

In other words, I was making a comparison between rival products, as I could have thrown in Apple as well. Don't spam Microsoft now, they have 0 to do with your problem; just disregard my technical comparison all together…

What I am trying to say is, you bought a bad device: Might as well buy a cup of coffee, and expect it to play FUNImation NOW. Furthermore, without knowing specs, your device may still be far too weak to run higher versions of Android (RAM, HDD requirements, as some examples).

Either buy the right device, or none at all; or otherwise, you are simply wasting the little money you have. If you do not know what you should be doing, I would suggest you get help beforehand.

• I will try to go with a different approach from what the Azeroth native is going for here. Arrogance only takes you so far, there will come a point where you will need to play nice.

Is http://www.hhgregg.com/proscan-9-8gb-android-5-1-lollipop-touchscreen-tablet-with-case-and-keyboard/item/PLT9650GK8GB# this the tablet you have?

It's possible that you just simply don't meet a requirement for the app, which I would guess would be the wifi (since the g throughput is like 6.75 MB/s) or the 1 GB of RAM. I doubt it would be the OS though because its the same problem as the previous tablet correct? It most likely is software based but since something like system requirements are readily accessible I wouldn't be able to just blame software right off the bat. Because let's face it, compatibility issues with these sorts of things are usually a quirk with the software that won't be figured out until you get a new thing, like a clean install of the OS. (usually how it goes for me anyway)

! I didn't know why PSO2 wouldn't work for me until I figured out that it was something that recorded my league of legends games that nguard wouldn't let me even start the thing.

Than again, i'm someone who rarely has compatibility issues and would blame the user before the system. I guess my PC is like a console. Guarenteed to work. I should really give her builder a pat on the back. ;)

• @Hanssen01:

On 08-01-2016 I bought a new tablet. The tablet I bought is another Proscan tablet. The tablet is a Proscan Android 5.1 Lollipop OS. I went to Google Play Store to see if the new app would be available for my new tablet.

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for that tablet, and what is the model number? (If it isn't on the box, it should be listed in the Settings app in the OS). From what I've seen of the Proscan tablets, you might have been able to get a better tablet for the same amount (or less). Since you only purchased it 5 days ago, you should also still be able to return it.

@darthrutsula:

Is http://www.hhgregg.com/proscan-9-8gb-android-5-1-lollipop-touchscreen-tablet-with-case-and-keyboard/item/PLT9650GK8GB# this the tablet you have?

It's possible that you just simply don't meet a requirement for the app, which I would guess would be the wifi (since the g throughput is like 6.75 MB/s) or the 1 GB of RAM. I doubt it would be the OS though because its the same problem as the previous tablet correct?

If those specs are correct, I would wager the problem is most likely the screen resolution (800 x 600). That's lower than even the typical 1024 x 600 of a cheap 7" Android tablet.

The OS certainly wouldn't be a problem, as it lists Lollipop, only 1 generation behind the current release version. 1GB of RAM shouldn't be a problem, as that is all a lot of Android phones and tablets still have. Even though 802.11b/g is creakily old, it shouldn't affect an streaming app being able to run.

Frankly, some of those specs just don't match up. A quad core processor, recent version of the OS, 1 GB of RAM, but only 802.11b/g and a 800 x 600 display?

Perhaps it is this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Proscan-Internet-Capacitive-Lollipop-Included/dp/B018Q614Z4

Except for the relatively recent OS, that one has specs that could certainly cause a problem: 512MB RAM, a 800 x 480 screen(!), and only a dual core processor (but 802.11b/g/n).