Hello! :D

• Hi, I'm ariocto! I want to participate in the forum because I want to interact with fellow anime fans and geek out about some awesome anime. :)

Forum Newbie question: How do you do the spoiler tag thing?

Hope you guys are having a good day! And this question is open for anyone to answer, "What new summer anime are you currently watching and which do you recommend watching?"

• Well, that's as a good a reason as any! Lol What's up? Everyone on here is pretty cool, so enjoy posting.

As for the spoilers, just use the word spoiler in brackets [ ] for the start tag and use the word /spoiler in brackets for the end tag. Hope that helps! If you want a full list of codes you can use, check out the Funimation BB Code List:

(http://www.funimation.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode)

Favorite Summer Anime for me, is Berserk on Crunchyroll and The Heroic Legend of Arslan on Funimation. But really, there are a lot of great shows this season. I'm sure everyone else has some good recommendations too!

• @nubguy:

As for the spoilers, just use the word spoiler in brackets [ ] for the start tag and use the word /spoiler in brackets for the end tag. Hope that helps! If you want a full list of codes you can use, check out the Funimation BB Code List:

(http://www.funimation.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode)

Thank you so much! That really helps a lot! :D

@nubguy:

Berserk

How's the adaptation? I heard mixed reviews on it. Not sure if I should watch that first or the movies.

@nubguy:

The Heroic Legend of Arslan

That's a really good one! I still have to get around watching the new season!

• Welcome to the forums, ariocto. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

• @SpacemanHardy:

Welcome to the forums, ariocto. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Thank you! Also, love Dubtalk by the way! Looking forward to the podcasts for this summer anime season!

• @ariocto14:

Thank you so much! That really helps a lot! :D

No problem! Glad I could help out!

@ariocto14:

How's the adaptation? I heard mixed reviews on it. Not sure if I should watch that first or the movies.

Some people really don't like the heavy use of CGI in the new anime, and I can understand that, but I actually really like the visuals. It is a cool mix of CGI with traditional anime elements, and cool manga-style cross hatching, to create a really cool, dark and unique atmosphere. And the writing is just amazing, honestly, these are some of the best Berserk stories we've had so far.

As for watching order, you definitely should check out the 2012-2013 Berserk movie trilogy before watching the new series. It sets it up the new show perfectly and takes place right before the new series. There is also a 1997 anime series that covers the same part as the movie trilogy, but it is unfortunately out of print. So I just watched the original 1997 series online "somewhere," but you can also get away with just watching the movie trilogy on Amazon instant video, then watch the new series on Crunchyroll. Either way you go, it is an amazing series, definitely one of my favorites. So, you can watch the original series, then movies, then the new one, or watch the movies, then the new one, and you will have a complete understanding of the series so far. Trust me you will not be disappointed. Lol

Here are the links to rent or buy the digital movies on Amazon.com:

@ariocto14:

That's a really good one! I still have to get around watching the new season!

Yeah, I like that one a lot! I just started watching the broadcast dub for the second season, and it is just as good as the first! I really like all of the voice actors for that show. There is a lot of source material to cover, so I am hoping it turns out to be a long-running series in the end. Do you usually watch in subs or dubs, or both?

• @nubguy:

Some people really don't like the heavy use of CGI in the new anime, and I can understand that, but I actually really like the visuals. It is a cool mix of CGI with traditional anime elements, and cool manga-style cross hatching, to create a really cool, dark and unique atmosphere. And the writing is just amazing, honestly, these are some of the best Berserk stories we've had so far.

As for watching order, you definitely should check out the 2012-2013 Berserk movie trilogy before watching the new series. It sets it up the new show perfectly and takes place right before the new series. There is also a 1997 anime series that covers the same part as the movie trilogy, but it is unfortunately out of print. So I just watched the original 1997 series online "somewhere," but you can also get away with just watching the movie trilogy on Amazon instant video, then watch the new series on Crunchyroll. Either way you go, it is an amazing series, definitely one of my favorites. So, you can watch the original series, then movies, then the new one, or watch the movies, then the new one, and you will have a complete understanding of the series so far. Trust me you will not be disappointed. Lol

Here are the links to rent or buy the digital movies on Amazon.com:

This really helps a lot! I will give the show a go! Thank you!

@nubguy:

Do you usually watch in subs or dubs, or both?

I watch both! :D

• welcome to the forum.

• @ariocto14:

Thank you! Also, love Dubtalk by the way! Looking forward to the podcasts for this summer anime season!

Thanks! I'll be sure to keep you posted whenever the new episodes come out. ^_^

• @StunningBeauty:

welcome to the forum.

Thank you! :)

@SpacemanHardy:

Thanks! I'll be sure to keep you posted whenever the new episodes come out.

Can't wait! :D

• Welcome ariocto14^^

• @Haildodger:

Welcome ariocto14^^

Thank you! :)