There’s nothing like a sweet, refreshing dessert to take away the stress of a day with Nendou. That’s why we’ve put together a coffee jelly recipe so simple, there’s no way a beginner psychic could ruin it. Actually, we can’t promise that, but here’s hoping.
- 2 rounded tbsp (14g) flavorless gelatin
- 4 cups of coffee, made the way you like it (the instant kind is convenient, but a quality dark roast is worth it)
- ¼ cup sugar (use less for true Japanese “mild sweetness”)
- Whipped cream
- Dessert cups
- Dissolve the gelatin by following the instructions on the package. Watch out, though; gelatin can be a pain because the powder likes to clump. Unless you have restoration powers, you might want to buy extra to practice.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the coffee to almost a boil, but don’t actually boil it. This is a true test of your pyrokinesis skills.
- Stir in the dissolved gelatin and sugar until completely blended.
- Pour the warm mixture into dessert cups.
- Now comes your apport challenge of the day: Place the dessert cups in your refrigerator very carefully and let them chill for 4 hours. A packed fridge just means you’ll have plenty of items to swap out!
- Once the coffee jelly is set, pile lots of whipped cream on top. Or, try drenching it with sweetened condensed milk, sweet cream, or even ice cream.
Now sit back and enjoy the perfect treat. This makes about 5 servings, so whether you want to share it with all the oddballs in your life or just keep it for yourself, when coffee jelly is on the menu, life may not be such a disaster after all.
Still not feeling quite like a psychic? Practice avoiding spoilers! Pre-order The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Parts 1 and 2 to be among the first to get your hands on the Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack.