NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
These are the official rules that govern how the FUNIMATION x FAIRY TAIL GAME SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Funimation Global Group, LLC (the “Sponsor”, “we”, “us”) will operate. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00:00 AM August 7, 2020 ends at 11:59:59 PM on August 10, 2020 (the “Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are a legal resident of the United Kingdom or Ireland, and are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of your residence, whichever is older);
- You are NOT an employee, officer, or director of any party or entity associated in any way with the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to the Sponsor, Koei Tecmo Europe Ltd, Sony Corporation, Sony Corporation of America, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., any third party prize provider(s) and/or entities participating in design, promotion, advertising, fulfillment, administration, or execution of the Sweepstakes, as well as each of their parent organizations, subsidiaries, and affiliates (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”); and
- You are NOT an immediate family member (spouse, sibling, child, parent, regardless of where they live) or household member (whether related or not) of a Sweepstakes Entity employee, officer, or director, or any person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
The Sponsor’s determinations of eligibility are final and may be made at any time. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and where prohibited by law or where bonding, registration, or other requirements would be required but have not been met.
At 9:00:00 AM on the first day of the Entry Period, @FunimationUK will post a tweet with the hashtag #FairyTailSweepstakes asking followers to retweet. You will receive one Sweepstakes entry when you sign into your Twitter account and retweet the entire tweet described above within the Entry Period. You must follow @FunimationUK at the time of the retweet and at the end of the Entry Period to be eligible to win.
Limit one entry per person and Twitter account. Use of multiple accounts or identities to obtain additional entries and entries generated by automated means are prohibited and may result in disqualification at the Sponsor’s discretion. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged and the Sponsor is not responsible for entries not received for any reason. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified.
Twitter entries must comply with Twitter Rules and Twitter Terms of Service.
One (1) prize is available to be won. The prize consists of one (1) download code for the Koei Games Fairy Tail game and one (1) code for one month free streaming service* of Funimation with a total approximate retail value of £54.98.
Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, implied or express. Any difference between the approximate value and actual value of a prize will not be awarded. Prizes are not assignable or transferable and no substitutions are permitted except at our sole discretion due to unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
Your odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received.
*Redeemable only on funimation.com for a one month Funimation Premium Plus Trial Pass (“Trial Pass”). Trial Pass must be redeemed by December 31, 2020 @ 11:59 PM. The code and instructions on how to redeem will be sent to the email address provided when we contact the winner. Trial Pass is void after activation or expiration. One time use only. Payment information (credit card only) and election of Premium Plus membership subscription plan required to redeem Trial Pass. Enrolling in trial turns on your auto-renewal setting. After your one month Trial Pass ends, a paid Premium Plus monthly subscription plan will begin automatically and £4.99 + tax for the UK and €5.99 + tax for Ireland will be charged monthly to your default method of payment. To avoid being charged, you must cancel before your Trial Pass ends. To cancel on www.funimation.com, go to [My Account]>[Subscription]>expand the Summary section>[Cancel] or for more details, see https://help.funimation.com/s/article/How-do-I-cancel-my-subscription. For more information, contact https://www.funimation.com/contact-us/. Price may change. Current subscribers are not eligible to redeem a Trial Pass, nor are users who have previously redeemed a free trial. Use of Trial Pass constitutes acceptance of all applicable terms and conditions: https://www.funimation.com/terms-of-use/.
One (1) potential winner will be selected by the Sponsor or its designee in a random drawing held after the close of the Entry Period from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. If you are a potential winner, we will notify you within seventy-two (72) hours of the close of the Entry Period by Twitter direct message to the account provided at time of entry to verify your eligibility and obtain your complete contact information. The winner will also be announced via a tweet by @FunimationUK. You must be following @FunimationUK and have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” In order to be declared a prize winner by Sponsor, the potential winner(s) must be in compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the direct message within seventy-two (72) hours after the message is sent, an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing. In our sole discretion, a potential winner may only be notified one time as set forth above.
Each potential winner agrees to sign any further documentation requested by us and return it within the time period specified on the winner notification message. If a potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, that potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by random drawing.
Any prize details and restrictions not specified will be determined by us in our sole discretion.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not designate someone else as the winner.
- We will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prizes.
- If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner.
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes and reporting consequences.
In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register for the account will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules.
- That if you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by cheating or committing fraud in any way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law, and we may ban you from participating in any of our future sweepstakes.
- That the Sweepstakes Entities may use your name, likeness, biographical information, city and country of residence, photograph, voice, performance, rendering, written or oral statements, and any other material or rights in and to your Sweepstakes entry and/or in the registration information accompanying your entry, in any and all media, in promoting or publicizing the Sweepstakes Entities, their affiliated companies, and the products or services of each, without limitation as to time or territory, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
- To release and hold harmless Twitter, Inc., the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, injury, loss, damage, right, claim, or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won.
- That in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- To indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Released Parties due to or arising out of your entry, your conduct in creating an entry or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: claims for trademark infringement; copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.
- That you will have no right to enjoin or restrain the development, production, advertising, promotion, distribution, or exploitation of the Sponsor’s websites, applications, or any other projects of the Sponsor or any of its parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
- If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, the Sponsor reserves the right in our sole and absolute discretion to cancel, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes and to select the applicable winner(s) from among the applicable eligible entries received, or to proceed in such a manner as we may deem fair and equitable in our sole discretion.
- The Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
These OFFICIAL RULES are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by English law.
You can bring proceedings in respect of the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules in the English courts. However, as a consumer, if you live in another European Union member state you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules in either the English courts or the courts of that member state.
Nothing in these Official Rules affects your rights as a consumer to rely on any mandatory provisions of local law.
WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES:
To obtain an official winner list (available for one month after the end of the Entry Period), or a copy of these Official Rules, send a direct message on Twitter to @FunimationUK.
Funimation Global Group, LLC, 1200 Lakeside Parkway, Flower Mound, Texas 75028.
© 2020 Funimation Global Group, LLC. All rights reserved.