Great news, FUNimation fans! We’ve undergone some major upgrades to our anime site to make your viewing experience even better. Take a look below for some of the improvements.
Users May Notice:
- The video player now remembers where you left off on all episodes and movies.
- Add “/watch” to any show-site URL to watch that show from where you left off. e.g. www.funimation.com/shows/dragon-ball/watch
- Based on user feedback, we have completely overhauled the Queue.
- Add any show to your Queue directly from the Queue. Just choose a Show and click “Add to Queue”.
- Each show in your Queue now displays the video that you should most likely watch based on your watch progress for the show. You can also see your current watch progress for that video.
- Click on “View All videos” under each show in your Queue to see a list of all of videos and your watch progress.
- Sort your Queue by “Custom” and Drag and drop the shows in your Queue to change the display order.
- Sort your Queue by “Recent” to see the shows in your Queue in order of most recently added videos.
- Sort your Queue by “New to Queue” to see the shows in your Queue in order of when you added them.
- Each show in the Queue now only lists episodes, OVAs, and movies.
- You can now rate any show in your Queue directly from your Queue.
- You can now search your Queue!
- Click on the arrow above your username to see the top seven shows listed in your Queue’s custom sort. Now, you can watch your shows no matter where you are on the anime site. Each image links to the video you should most likely watch based on your watch progress for that show.
- Based on user feedback, we have updated the History section of your Profile.
- We’ve moved the History tab right next to the Queue tab of your Profile.
- Now, you can see your watch progress for any video that you have watched on the site.
- Now, you can clear your video history.
- Note: Your video history on the website does not sync with devices yet but will soon.
- Click on any show listed at www.funimation.com/shows to go to the video that you should most likely watch for that show based on your watch progress for that show.
- Each show site now displays which video you should watch based on your watch progress for that show. You can also see your watch progress for that video.
- We have fixed an issue where user playlists were not displaying the correct runtime.
- We have fixed an issue where the first video in a user playlist was appearing twice.
- We have fixed an issue where links were not appearing correctly for some videos in the Queue
- We have fixed an issue where the user would be redirected to the Profile Overview tab after adding a show to or removing a show from the Queue
We hope these updates will vastly improve your watching experience on our site! Please let us know what you think of the changes in the comments below.