Good Morning, Baltimore! Or, whatever time it is when you read this. Otakon is this weekend, and they’re celebrating their 20th year! FUNimation is looking forward to our annual trip to the Inner Harbor for the largest anime convention on the east coast. The sights, the sounds, the sweltering humidity, the ice cold water (it’s just $1, don’t ya know). We’ve got a lot planned, so take a look and start planning your schedules!
- FUNimation Sneak Peeks Panel (Friday, 5:30pm, Panel 5)
- FUNimation.com Panel (Saturday, 10:45am, Panel 4)
- FUNimation Industry Panel (Saturday, 3:45pm, Panel 7)
- FUNimation Channel Panel (Sunday, 12:30pm, Panel 6)
We’ve also got the English Dub Premiere for the Wolf Children movie! We’re flying out the director, Mike McFarland, as well as Micah Solusod (voice of Ame) and Jad Saxton (voice of Yuki). In addition to the dub premiere, the cast will be holding a Q&A panel and autograph sessions. Info below!
- Wolf Children Dub Premiere (Saturday, 7pm, Video 1)
- Autographs (Friday, 10am, Autograph 2)
- Q&A Panel (Friday, 4:15pm, Panel 5)
- Autographs (Sunday, 11am, Autograph 2)
movie synopsis: Wolf Children is a staggeringly beautiful animated feature film from director Mamoru Hosoda (Summer Wars). This epic cinematic achievement follows Hana, a woman who falls in love with a Wolf Man and gives birth to two half human, half wolf children. After the tragic death of her beloved, Hana seeks refuge in rural town where she attempts to build a life for herself – and her children.
If you visit us at our booth in the Dealer’s Room you’ll be able to participate in our ribbon game! That’s right, we’re bringing back the popular ribbon game for this convention. We will have cosplayers walking around the convention at some of our different events handing out prizes to random fans who are spotted with FUNimation ribbons on their convention badge. Here’s how to score your ribbons:
- Pick up a free FUNimation.com badge ribbon at the FUNimation booth
- Show you are a FUNimation.com member or Elite Video Subscriber and receive a 2nd ribbon. (We’ll have a member list at our booth as well as computer stations for you to log-in or sign up)
All ribbons have a chance to win, the higher the level of ribbon, the greater your chance
Not enough? We’ll also be scanning convention badges for a chance to win a prize pack of anime goodies including a one-year subscription to the FUNimation Elite Video Subscription!
At the Booth:
We’ll have lots of goodies at the booth, both to buy and as gifts with purchase! Just in time for Otakon, we’ll be debuting these awesome Oni-G water bottles. You can pour your ice cold water into them! Here’s a list of the different Gifts-with-purchase levels:
FUNimation Decal with any purchase
FUNimation Lanyard or Water Bottle with any $100 purchase
Oni-G plushie with any $250 purchase, or you can buy it for $25
Plus, free buttons, posters, and postcards for you to take.
Speaking of booth activities, we are participating in a special Stamp Rally Quest! Pick up one of these stamp cards (see below) at the Daisuki booth in the Dealer’s Room. Follow all the directions and you’ll get a special prize! It’s first come first served, and there will only be 300 cards given away, so hurry to grab yours.
- Get your card stamped at the FUNimation booth in the Dealer’s Room
- Get your card stamped at the Sunrise panel (Saturday at 2:30pm in Panel 7)
- Redeem your completed card at the Daisuki panel (Saturday at 5pm in Panel 6)
We can’t wait to see you all this weekend! What are you looking forward to the most?