When we found out that YouTube was going to host a Geek Week to celebrate all things geeky and nerdy, we were excited. When we found out that one of the days was going to be spotlighting anime, we were like “we got this.”
From August 4th – 10th, YouTube will be shining the spotlight on 100 popular channels to bring the internet the first ever YouTube Geek Week! Each day of the week will be hosted by different YouTube powerhouses to help enlighten the viewing public about the theme of the day. See the schedule below:
- Blockbuster Sunday: Celebrating iconic characters, movies, sci-fi, fantasy and animation. Hosted by FreddieW.
- Global Geekery Monday: Explore geek culture around the world. Hosted by YOMYOMF.
- Brainiac Tuesday: Science, education and knowledge are the focus. Hosted by Veritasium and The Spangler Effect.
- Super Wednesday: Superheroes, the supernatural and the super-weird. Hosted by Stan Lee’s World of Heroes.
- Gaming Thursday: A gamers’ paradise … live plays, games in real life, game series and more. Hosted by Machinima and Maker Studios’ Polaris
- Fan Friday: Fans will take center stage. Hosted by Geek and Sundry.
Here’s a teaser trailer:
Of course, FUNimation will be spotlighting content from some of our most popular anime titles, but we’ve got other videos planned for you as well from our live action label, Giant Ape Media, and from our web series, The FUNimation Show. And, because we have some of the most dedicated and AWESOME fans around, you better believe that we’ll be spotlighting you guys as well!
So, what do you think it means to be a geek?