Submitted by Sophie on April 12, 2010 - 5:32pm
Please check to see your computer meets the website requirements above. This could also be caused by a firewall configuration and/or a Firefox add-on. You will find some other scenarios listed below:
- If you don’t see a large play button over the video player, you may not have the right flash player installed. Click to install Flash.
- When you click on the play button, you should see an advertisement play. If you don’t see this, please disable any add-ons that may block advertisements.
- If you see the advertisement but nothing loads after the video, please visit http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/164/tn_16466.html to test your port connectivity. Your firewall will need to have port 1935 open to play our videos.
- If your port is configured correctly, you could be located outside of North America. All of our videos have rights for specific territories. We are working to open up additional territories as we acquire new shows and rights. However, our videos are currently only viewable in the US and Canada.
- If you see the words ‘error’ on the top left of the video player, this could be an issue with the video file. Please let us know by emailing us at [email protected].