If you are experiencing difficulty with your EVS player pausing or freezing during an episode after the 5 second mark, you may have this issue.
Things That are Not This Issue:
1) The EVS player is an adaptive bitrate player, which (essentially) means that it adjusts itself to the speed of your internet. This means that you cannot pause it and let it buffer an entire episode, so, if you have a slow internet connection, this may naturally result in pauses in the video, as the player adapts to your speed. This is not part of this issue, it is a natural function of the player and how it works.
2) If you experience a pause at around the 4 or 5 second mark of the video and then no further pauses.
3) If you experience the pausing on other videos outside of funimation.com due to a slow or spotty connection.
Things That ARE This Issue
1) Pausing after the 5 second mark where the remaining buffer also vanishes suddenly durring the pause.
2) Pausing occurring only on some videos, or only some of the time.
3) Pausing tending to occur in the same place every time you try watch an episode. (this is not always the case, but it usually is)
If you are experiencing this issue, please test your connection speed here: http://www.speedtest.net/
Please perform this test even if you know that you have high speed internet and do not have trouble with other sites, as we need this information from as many people as possible to help with our internal testing.
Please report the results of your test and the following information to this thread, or to .
The results of your connection speed test.
A link to (or the name and resolution of) the video you were experiencing the pausing issue on. (If it seems like all videos are having this issue, please still report every video you're seeing this issue on.
The approximate timecode of each pause.
- - -
This issue is still under investigation. It appears to be happening on a per-video basis, not as an issue with the player or with the computer of the user experiencing the issue.
None at the moment. If you are experiencing this issue, please reply to this thread or to with the information requested so that we can gather information to test and resolve this issue.