Some cable and satellite service providers don't think that there is demand for a 24/7 anime channel in the US but there are a lot of folks would like to get the FUNimation Channel and don't have it yet. Here is a thread for suggestions and what you can do to help improve your chances to get the FUNimation Channel.
The first suggestion is fill out the form on http://www.getfunimationchannel.com/ (plus you chances to win prizes).
The next suggestion comes from Lance (Your friendly neighborhood FUNimation guy) Heiskell, who has posted this all over the internet in the past:
If you want the FUNimation Channel for your home...
all you need to do is request it.
Step 1. Call your Cable/Satellite service provider
Step 2. Ask for a Customer Service Rep
Step 3. Explain to them that FUNimation Channel is a 24 hour anime channel
Step 4. Let them know you would keep with them or switch providers to receive the channel.
Send note in your next cable/satellite bill
Fill out customer service forms on Cable/Satellite websites
Go to Cable office and ask in person!
Better yet…bring them baked goods every week until they add the channel.
That's the best way to let the cable/satellite companies know you want the channel. They file these requests and send them to the corporate offices for review.
Here are other suggestions made from members on the old FUNimation Forums (#3 comes from UncleChewie and #1-2 & 4 comes from me):
1) Make requests to your cable/dish provider at least once a week
2) Ask your family and friends to request the channel from their television service provider on your behalf.
3) Drop to a basic tier of service or drop your service completely and when asked why, say it is because they don't carry the FUNimation Channel.
4) Call other Cable and Satellite service providers in your area and tell them if they add the FUNimation Channel to their line-up, you would switch to them to receive the channel.
5) Make requests on your (and others) television service provider's Facebook and Twitter accounts (here is an example); a list of television service provider's Facebook and Twitter accounts will be provided below.
List of television service provider that do not have the FUNimation Channel:
DISH Network: Facebook and Twitter
DirecTV: Facebook and Twitter
Bright House: Facebook and Twitter
Cablevision: Facebook and Twitter
Charter Communications: Facebook and Twitter
Comcast*: Facebook and Twitter
Mediacom Communications: Facebook and Twitter
Cox Communications: Facebook and Twitter
Time Warner Cable: Facebook and Twitter
* has the VOD service but not the linear Channel.