post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 5 of 10 << ... 2345678 ... >>
    I just picked up "No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular". It seemed pretty funny so I picked it up and am reading through that.

I'm also reading through a book called Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson. A pretty interesting twist on the super hero genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    "Awkward" is putting it mildly. The inconsistent design and poor proportions are pretty off-putting at times. The story and characters are entertaining enough for me to look beyond the art though, and like you said, it's definitely different so that's appreciated. I'm looking forward to what his style will become once it's more refined and consistent.
    Yeah, I can look past the art, but it is a little rough at times. I'm assuming this is this author's first manga? That always seems to be the cause of pretty rough art at first too. It's good enough to follow what's going on though, so that's usually enough to keep me happy if the story is good enough.

I actually just finished getting all caught up on it (since there's only 12 volumes or so out so far), so now I'm still left wondering what the real secret behind everything is.

Next up on my reading list - Toriko! Time to see if this series really deserves to be the 'next big thing' for SJ or not.

I'm waiting for chapter 90 of black butler to come out. But until then I've got Elfen Lied, and Soul Eater to work on too.

I just recently finished a massive reading session of Toriko and am now all caught up on it. Pretty good series once it gets going, to be honest, and I was coming into it not expecting much. I think Toei/Shonen Jump have done it a massive disservice by trying to shove it down our throats though.

Now I'm working on reading The World of Narue. Pretty good so far, some characters are pretty different from their anime counterparts though, heh.

In the middle of Re-Reading the Gunslinger Series By King. Wolves of Calla the 5th book in and I'm loving it as much as the first 3 times. Don't remember how many times I've read the first 4 but with the long wait in between books and reading from the beginning each time a new one came out probably more than 10. For anyone that has not read them, it is not normal Stephen King Horror and the character and plot development surpasses anything else he has done. similar to the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Very rich Characters and adventures.
    Scorpio

Oh, man. I'm reading lots of stuff right now. SPOILERS AHEAD, DON'T READ IF YOU HATE SPOILERS!

Naruto - Madara and Obito just killed Neji where I'm up to. I'm not a huge Neji fan, so I wasn't too upset, but at least Hinata actually did something.

Bleach - Ichigo is getting trained by the mysterious (IE goofy) Squad 0.

Hunter x Hunter - The Chimera Ant arc is FINALLY over, and now Gon's dad is trolling people.

Tegami Bachi - The heroes met up with the Dingoe's older sister.

Blue Exorcist - Honestly, I forgot. I'm in a boring arc right now. Lots of monks.

Pokémon Adventures: Ruby and Sapphire have to team up. Fan-shippers squeal.

There are others, but eh. Reading too much stuff.

Use [spoiler][/spoiler] tags around what you write if you want to hide potential spoilers

I've been slowly working my way through the 3 volumes of Dorohedoro I got over the holidays. I just finished volume 4 the other day, and it continues to impress. It is very violent and bloody, but it's also just as funny. The sorcerers have their fair share of quirks that make them so delightfully entertaining, and Nikaido and Caiman are a great duo. The art is rough looking at first glance and the character designs are a little strange at first, but there's a level of consistency and detail put into it that makes it look good.

I don't really read much manga, but I usually read these series weekly/monthly

Assassination Classroom
    Fairy Tail
    K: Days of Blue
    Kuroko no Basket
    Kuroshitsuji
    Magi: Adventures of Sinbad
    Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
    Noblesse
    Pandora Hearts
    Shingeki no Kyojin
    "What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character!"

So I finished The World of Narue a few days ago. Pretty good manga in the long run, though it goes a little tech-heavy towards the end (think Tenchi Muyo a bit, actually), causing it to lose some of it's rom-com feelings - but still a great little series.

Now I'm working on what is apparently arguably the biggest manga for Jump, even more so than Dragon Ball, apparently - Slam Dunk. For a basketball manga, it's actually pretty good thus far, though...there's a lot more fighting than there is basketball, and this amuses me for some reason.

Page 5 of 10 << ... 2345678 ... >>