post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 9 of 22 << ... 678910111219 ... >>
    Quote Originally Posted by erotasic View Post
    Thank you very much everyone!!

You were all extremely helpful.
    So far I have started Monster and Rainbow, and they are very good already. Rainbow is messed up, but I love it and the characters.
    Indeed it's pretty messed up, especially episode 2. Oh god, don't get me started! But trust me, it gets a little more tame later in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by erotasic View Post
    Hello there,
    I'm extremely new to forums and threads.

But I'm looking for anime in the same style as No Longer Human, from Aoi Bungaku.
    Very realistic, morose, psychological, and thought provoking. Maybe a dash of horror, too. The art itself matters to me a lot.
    I love the art style of No Longer Human, and I also love the way Death Note and Attack on Titan look (of course).
    If you don't know of a more serious anime like No Longer Human or those two, could you point me to one that is at least as thorough as the two I just mentioned? Their stories are brilliant and I just can't find anything like it. I feel like there must be more anime hiding and I haven't been looking in the right places, considering I only learned about No Longer Human yesterday. Hopefully that is the case.

Many thanks,

Jade
    I know one psychological thriller called Kaiji. It involves gambling, survival games and manly tears. Good things about this anime are that it's not overloaded on fantasy or fan service. It has a unique art style, although it looks nothing like the two anime you mentioned. So yeah, hope this helps.

Whoops

I didn't see your recommendation!!!!
    Thanks to you too. :3
    If it's a good anime I can suck it up and enjoy it's unique style.

Quote Originally Posted by albinokoala View Post
    Indeed it's pretty messed up, especially episode 2. Oh god, don't get me started! But trust me, it gets a little more tame later in the show.

I know one psychological thriller called Kaiji. It involves gambling, survival games and manly tears. Good things about this anime are that it's not overloaded on fantasy or fan service. It has a unique art style, although it looks nothing like the two anime you mentioned. So yeah, hope this helps.

Looking for a series under 40 episodes, anything with these guidelines.

Romance that is very warm (don't be afraid to suggest a shounen-ai, shoujo-ai or loving, non-hentai romantic incest [like in Koi Kaze])

(physically) Non-human characters with understandable problems

historical settings

characters who have punny names.
    What is a quality story is up to interpretation.You can learn in your comfort zone.Make sure the hug monster gets you.

For historical settings, give Rose of Versailles a try. It's an older anime, but very good. I'm in the middle of watching it right now, and it did take a few episodes to get into, but now I'm really liking it

Quote Originally Posted by MetalOverlord View Post
    Looking for a series under 40 episodes, anything with these guidelines.

Romance that is very warm (don't be afraid to suggest a shounen-ai, shoujo-ai or loving, non-hentai romantic incest [like in Koi Kaze])

(physically) Non-human characters with understandable problems

historical settings

characters who have punny names.
    Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
    Plot:The story revolves around a first-year middle school student, Teiichi Niiya who had just enrolled at Seikyou Private Academy. When he gets lost in one of the school's old buildings, he meets a girl named Yuko Kanoe who reveals herself as a ghost with no memories. Teiichi then decides to investigate her death by looking through the school's seven mysteries revolving around her. Throughout the story, Teiichi and Yuko discover the truth about these ghost stories and help those who are troubled.

I'm looking for a good fantasy anime, something like Fairy tail, Frezzing, High school DXD, that has already been english dubbed

Soul Eater
    Is This A Zombie?
    Btooom!
    Deadman Wonderland

heaven's lost property
    sekirei
    rosario + vampire

Elemental Gelade
    Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan

Looking for a psychological series, but there's a catch, can't be extremely violent.
    What is a quality story is up to interpretation.You can learn in your comfort zone.Make sure the hug monster gets you.

Page 9 of 22 << ... 678910111219 ... >>