post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... >>

Evangelion 3.33 FUNimation Pre-Release Talkback

Please, whoever shows up to the Evangelion 3.33 English Dub Premiere this week, post on here to notify us if they announce the DVD/Bluray release date!
    Last edited by Dragon Piece; 10-07-2013 at 08:40 PM.

I am just glad they were able to get it done in a timely manner

I have a guess as to when Eva 3.0 will come out on DVD/BD, it'll probably mirror 2.22's release here in the states with a release in late March 2014. However since we know the dub has been made, perhaps not finished yet, I have my hopes set for sometime in February. The only evidence I have to back any of this up is the relation to when 3.0 hit Japan and also how long it takes for us to get it here stateside.

FYI: No I was not at NYCC but I would've loved to have gone for this reason alone.
    Last edited by infinity_57401; 10-17-2013 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Clarifying

From the Youmacon schedule:

EVANGELION 3.33 SUB PREMIERE
    Panel Room A (Cobo Level 2,
    Grand Ballroom A). 2PM-4PM. The
    premiere of the third movie of the
    Neon Genesis Evangelion film series.
    This latest Gainax feature will feature
    the Funimation Dub and is not to be
    missed.
    So, which is it? Dub or sub?
    My anime and figure collections
    Hummingbird || Tweeterings
    XBL: ItTakesAnIdiot

LOL. I remember the conflicting info about whether or not PsychoPass was to be shown dubbed at AX.

Funimation is messing with us, that's my theory on this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sidereal_presence View Post
    LOL. I remember the conflicting info about whether or not PsychoPass was to be shown dubbed at AX.

Funimation is messing with us, that's my theory on this lol.
    It was confirmed at the start of the screening that the con had been given a copy of the subbed version. But the BD didn't play in their equipment in the scheduled room (I don't know if they managed to get it to work in another video room), so they went ahead with their backup: the English dub of Wolf Children.
    My anime and figure collections
    Hummingbird || Tweeterings
    XBL: ItTakesAnIdiot

Does anyone know if they'll be including the 60-page booklet that came with the Japanese release?

Looks like most screenings will be around January 10th and 11th. Click here for theater dates and times.

Why is Funimation not saying anything about the new release date for the DVD and Blu-Ray? There's NO theatrical showings going on in the States, and Eleven Art's not responding either. I'm actually feeling insulted that this whole situation's being ignored...Evangelion is a HUGE release, and it's shameful that there's been no effort to keep us updated.

Did something go wrong with the distribution? Did your company lose the home video rights? Why is all this secrecy necessary?

You're only worsening the situation by maintaining this silence, and you're going to lose a massive portion of your customers for outright ignoring the extremely valid questions they have about your reluctance to answer them. Pretending that we don't exist is beneath you, and I (and the countless others you've inconvenienced) deserve an explanation after two whole months of hearing absolutely nothing.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... >>