post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 3 of 12 << 123456 ... >>
    I just completed a two month program and became a certified nursing assistant so I will be switching jobs soon. After 10 years of a dead end grocery store job, I needed a change. Though CNA is kind of a dead end job too, unless I like it and decide to become an RNA or LN, but at least the pay is better and I won't have to work outside in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruszer View Post
    I just completed a two month program and became a certified nursing assistant so I will be switching jobs soon. After 10 years of a dead end grocery store job, I needed a change. Though CNA is kind of a dead end job too, unless I like it and decide to become an RNA or LN, but at least the pay is better and I won't have to work outside in the winter.
    Congratulations; this is a really good way to get into the industry and give it a try to see if you want a career in it; if you enjoy it, then I would say go for that RN; it pays some serious coin. Any sort of certification that can get you experience and expose you to an industry that has room for growth and development is not a dead end pursuit.

My sister and her husband are both RN's, not only to they absolutely love it, but they get paid very nicely. He works at a hospital and she works at a cancer institution.

Congrats on the new job, i hope you enjoy it. It's deffinetly a good field to be in because not only does it pay well but such jobs always seem to be in demand, i know when ever i check the job ads it always seems like the hospitals are always looking for people in every field.
    I wouldn't mind getting into the field myself... except i have a weak stomach for bodily fluids

Is an LN the same as an LPN? As I recall, an LPN only requires a one year course where as an RN is a minimum five year program. This is what my wife was doing when we met. That didn't last though. She confided with me that she hated her job and would be very unhappy if she had to continue working as a nurse, so after fifteen years of college and seventy thousand dollars of debt she is now working as a special education teacher for children with autism and she loves it! According to her colleagues she excels at her job now. It was a long time coming, and we had to give up many luxuries, but she is happy now and that is most important to me. Good luck with your career, and don't give up. You can always further your education to move up the ranks, so I would not consider it a dead end, rather a foundation for bigger and better things.

Getting sucked in, in a bad way, sucks! ; P

Looked over my emails at work, looks like they got me scheduled for a lot of upcoming training; there’s some software training, energy isolation, fluid analysis and a few other things, almost my entire work week has me in training sessions.

I also have to lead a training session in two weeks at another facility in one of the other cities, so I get training, and then I will be giving it, again.

Damn devil, demonic winter just had to come back, I'm going to have fun cleaning off my car across the street there.

And this is only the beginning, we'll get more, a lot more.

A lot has happened the past couple of weeks; on the long weekend I had another oil wrestling meet up, I won 2 matches, lost 2 and tied one. One of the matches I lost was close, I thought I had it, but in the last minute, the girl I was up against scored one pin and one submission to give her a one point lead; I was so close. Then the other match I lost, I was up against the amazon again; I got creamed. There was actually one point in the match where she bear hugged me and it cracked my back, it did feel good though and another point where in kneeling position (we’re not allowed to stand) she flung me in the air and I landed belly flop style on the mat knocking the wind out of me, she’s sitting there asking me if I’m alright.

However the highlight of that meet up was the new guy we got, I kind of knew he is a bit of a chauvinist. Before he had his match, he made fun of me and the other guy for losing sometimes against women, which is funny because he’s shorter and thinner than both of us. But, as fate would decide, he got owned real bad in his match; the audience was subjected to his muffled screams of obscenities and misogynistic comments calling his opponent a c&*t and a b&%$h, that the match was rigged; which is funny because our matches are competitive with no winner predetermined; this was met with plenty of booing from the audience. He managed to get out of the ring and continued yelling while his opponent sat there making fun of him; she mocked him by flexing her biceps and told him to return to the ring to back up his words. He turned to leave to see the amazon standing over him and she gave him the ultimatum to either finish his match, or he could wrestle her and she could break him in half in the ring; of course, she wasn't going to do this for real, her intention was to show him that things could be worse for him. He returned to finish his match; he will not be working with us again. I have to admit; after dealing with his arrogant attitude, it was funny to see him get beat up in the ring; I do hope this experience has taught him some humility and a change in his attitude about women.

Aside from that I got lots of good bass practice in on the weekend and returned to work on the following Tuesday.

As for today, I got sent home from work because I was sick; I tried doing my shift and because I kept running for the restroom, my supervisor told me to go home and come back when I’m feeling better; hopefully tomorrow I will be back in commission. I think I got sick because of how often I was outside and my body is getting used to it; it happens at the start of every winter. The temperature dropped and we have gotten tons of snow; I think I shoveled the driveway and sidewalk three times this weekend already. I think my immediate future involves a hot bath and some chicken soup.

My car warming up as I was trying to clean it off before heading to my sister’s house to watch UFC.
    Last edited by neonwalrus; 11-18-2013 at 09:04 PM.

@neonwalrus

Do you think I can borrow your amazon friend for an hour or two? I have had a kink in my back for two weeks from trying to pick something too heavy for me, and I could use a good squeeze and maybe a bit of stretching via the rack to get things sorted! Sounds like she would not only be capable, but she would probably enjoy folding me up like a pretzel! Ha Ha!

Getting sucked in, in a bad way, sucks! ; P

Quote Originally Posted by dmguaragno View Post
    Do you think I can borrow your amazon friend for an hour or two? I have had a kink in my back for two weeks from trying to pick something too heavy for me, and I could use a good squeeze and maybe a bit of stretching via the rack to get things sorted! Sounds like she would not only be capable, but she would probably enjoy folding me up like a pretzel! Ha Ha!
    She is somewhat the sadist, but, outside of the ring she’s quite gentle, well, except for the last three times (the third time being that long weekend) her and I “hung out” and I got to experience the more dominant/authoritative side of her personality. But she is a very easy going lady, works as an RN too, I was a little worried she worked at the same place my sister does; it would be a matter of time before the cat got out of the bag on that one.

After this past meet up she came over again, we “hung out” as I put it, but, I have managed to get her into some anime; she has taken a liking to Fullmetal Alchemist, Basilisk, Moribito and (get this) Queen’s Blade. I’ve been subtly trying to get her into Puella Magi Madoka Magica with no success; I showed her the cover and she just shook her head and said another time.

For the time being, she and I are friends; we’ve talked, and we’re a little shaky about getting into a relationship especially after how many of the relationships we both have been in played out, and we both seem to like the quiet single life.

I wish we had snow here, Nebraska's summers make you wish for a nuclear winter. Oh well, it will come eventually.

So, I've got a break coming up from the semester at university, but with only four weeks left comes a whole boatload of projects. I'm starting to get a work overload, which is no good. Only four weeks left is the good thing though, I suppose! I have a podcast to do for my Writing and Communities class, a paper to write for my Native American History class, a paper to write for my Native American Literature class, and tons of German homework to shift through. Then I have to do a group project video for Visual Communications, which is fun. Probably going to spend my Thanksgiving break starting on my papers and getting read to do my final projects, since my university has no actual dead week with no classes. We go full throttle until finals week.

On the bright side, I got an ESO invite that I'll probably bribe my roommate with. I figure he'll owe me a favor or two after I give him the beta key.
    [language drivers not detected]

Page 3 of 12 << 123456 ... >>