post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!

I feel like I am a demi-otaku (Japanese version of the word) and am worried.

Lately I feel like I might be a stereotype of Japanese nerds for several reasons and wanted the opinions of other anime fans.

For one, I have been obsessed with a certain character (Canal Volphied from Lost Universe) in a lighthearted, asexual way. This is probably in due to this character's influence helping me deal with some deep, personal problems that had plagued me for years, and as such I am grateful to the character and the staff of the show.

Second, after spending my money on food, rent, electricity etc., I often spend on movies, anime or video games.

Often times, I can only interact with my real life buddies with my phone or over the internet. Am I being too hard on myself?
    What is a quality story is up to interpretation.You can learn in your comfort zone.Make sure the hug monster gets you.

Your being to hard on yourself. Such a level of fanaticism as described seems perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalOverlord View Post
    For one, I have been obsessed with a certain character (Canal Volphied from Lost Universe) in a lighthearted, asexual way. This is probably in due to this character's influence helping me deal with some deep, personal problems that had plagued me for years, and as such I am grateful to the character and the staff of the show.

You really like and have an emotional connection to a character, thats cool. As long as your not starting to think she is a real person, having intimate relations with some sort of physical representation, or some other signs of severe disconect from reality your probably good

Second, after spending my money on food, rent, electricity etc., I often spend on movies, anime or video games.
    If your still spending money on the essentials and putting some away into savings then your fine. In the end what else is there to spend money on

Often times, I can only interact with my real life buddies with my phone or over the internet.
    Im in the same boat, but most my buddies live about an hour away so I dont see a prob there

Quote Originally Posted by 8hatman8 View Post
    Your being to hard on yourself. Such a level of fanaticism as described seems perfectly fine.

You really like and have an emotional connection to a character, thats cool. As long as your not starting to think she is a real person, having intimate relations with some sort of physical representation, or some other signs of severe disconect from reality your probably good
    The closest thing is believing in alternate realities and I don't understand shutting people out for inanimate objects, am I still good?
    What is a quality story is up to interpretation.You can learn in your comfort zone.Make sure the hug monster gets you.

That's really not an issue. You could be going full hikikomori. That's when you really have a problem. And hey, you picked a good character. LostUniverse4lyf.