post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!

What are anime clubs?

I never been in an anime club but i'm confused about anime clubs. What do anime club members do?

It differs from club to club, lots of times it's to socialize, find new shows, play games, and watch anime.
    In the past it was pretty much exclusively to watch anime since the internet didn't exist (or later on was not fast enough to upload and download anime). The club I'm a part of still has an actual machine which was used to copy fan-made subtitles to VHS raws from Japan... man how times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by St0ck View Post
    It differs from club to club, lots of times it's to socialize, find new shows, play games, and watch anime.
    In the past it was pretty much exclusively to watch anime since the internet didn't exist (or later on was not fast enough to upload and download anime). The club I'm a part of still has an actual machine which was used to copy fan-made subtitles to VHS raws from Japan... man how times have changed.
    Oh wow, I'm surprised a club was able to hold on to theirs. Is it still functional?
    Twitter: @ishikusui || XB1/360 GT: ItTakesAnIdiot

I belonged to a club in boise, idaho tight knit small club sometimes just a half dozen of us other times we'd have a holiday party with dozens of us usually met in the evenings to watch a few hours of anime on a club owned projector socializing a bit before and after with some discussions in between. we had some giveways which were nice and would meet up for holiday parties club anniversary dinner each year and of course at conventions. Often went out to eat as a club after the shows to lets say we started at six finished around midnight and then off to a diner lol good times I've not found one in california yet most in my area are associated with colleges

The club at my college just sat around and watched stuff and that was it and then it got shut down once they realized we were just hanging out and not doing anything productive like the other clubs.

I think a bunch of anime nerds get together talk about anime, watch it and occasionally hold or go on field trip events like to an anime expo or convention
    Raze-e-party 

In highschool a bunch of people got together and usually watched an episode of a certain series a day until they finished it. I remember popping in a few times to watch Baccano, and King of Thorn.
    I should be watching...

I used to run a club at barns&noble back in high school. Things got a little hectic with certain members who for some reason didn't know how to act in public. I did manage to run it for 4 years before I dismantled it by my own hand. Apparently being in charge is like being someones boss and with being someones boss you can't make friends with those who are beneath you. I don't know about anyone else but I can't handle that kinda pressure so I just said "meh screw it" and called it a day.

The one I attempted at my high school a year later wasn't as successful.