post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 1 of 2 12 >>

Aquarion Evol part 2 release?

Does anyone know when we think we might get part 2 of Aquarion Evol on Blu-Ray/DVD? I know we have to wait until FUNi announces the release date, but do you all think that we'll get the other half of the series later in 2014?

Ain't been announced yet.

Probably some time in May. Or June.

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanHardy View Post
    Ain't been announced yet.

Probably some time in May. Or June.
    My prospective copy of this will sit gathering dust in a seller's warehouse until the date is announced. Why watch a show only to have to wait so long for its sequel that you're likely to forget the details of what happened in Part I? I can't think of a good answer to that.

Funi, if ever you're not confident that you can-at least-release both halves of a show on the same day please just hold off until you can.

Quote Originally Posted by sidereal_presence View Post
    My prospective copy of this will sit gathering dust in a seller's warehouse until the date is announced. Why watch a show only to have to wait so long for its sequel that you're likely to forget the details of what happened in Part I? I can't think of a good answer to that.

Funi, if ever you're not confident that you can-at least-release both halves of a show on the same day please just hold off until you can.
    Patience,doesn't seem you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by joe-funi View Post
    Patience,doesn't seem you have it.
    I believe that you must have misread my post as I have patience in spades: I'm patient enough to not put Aquarion EVOL Part I in my cart and click "buy" until I can do the same for Part II. I'll wait out Funimation on this one.

I'd have to agree with Joe here, you don't seem to have much patience.
    Boy you would have died if you had been a fan back when they used to release individual anime DVDs, waiting for 2 sets is pretty damn easy compared to say the 7 that Cowboy Bebop came on.
    But yeah, you show them by holding off on that pre-order, power to the consumer and all that.
    <br>

Isn't Aquarion horrible? Some people said it's good, others said it's crap. I can't agree which side.

Quote Originally Posted by St0ck View Post
    But yeah, you show them by holding off on that pre-order, power to the consumer and all that.
    No one can preorder it. That's actually the point of this thread.

As to whether or not it sucks, Aquarion is a ridiculous show that I enjoyed largely because of the dub. I wouldn't say that it was bad, I probably would have watched it subbed, but the dub definitely made it better as far as I'm concerned.

It's not so much a lack of patience as it is downright confusion. Psycho-Pass has both parts released on the same day; Jormungand has both seasons released on the same day; Eureka Seven has both parts released on the same day; Robotics;Notes has both parts released a month apart

Meanwhile, Evol part 1 was released in December and there's now at least a five month gap between part 1 and part 2, since solicitations are known through April. What's the deal? Why is there such a disconnect between two parts of the same season?

Quote Originally Posted by Riles View Post
    Meanwhile, Evol part 1 was released in December and there's now at least a five month gap between part 1 and part 2, since solicitations are known through April. What's the deal? Why is there such a disconnect between two parts of the same season?
    Speculations:

1. A problem with materials delivery for the second half. (Materials used for the streaming subtitled version may not be usable for a DVD/BD version).

2. Perhaps sales for the first half have been disappointing, so the second half gets shoved further down the release list in favor of titles that are expected to perform better.

3. The second half had a planned release sooner, but scheduling conflicts with one or more VA's required for the cast prevented proceeding according to schedule.

I'm disappointed I got half way through the series in dub format online, only to face the choice of either switching to completing it in subtitled format or waiting an unknown amount of time. Beyond making that decision, however, I realize I have no control over the situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 >>