post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 2 of 2 << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldwar View Post
    Totally with you.
    and now viz dropped their live channel service, we're hoping for other alternatives.
    I think the fact that since another online broadcast streaming service has dropped, probably due to low viewership, it doesn't make much sense for a different company to try their hand at it. Neon Alley is shifting from online broadcasting to on-demand streaming, and I think that works out better for everybody

As it stands now, Hulu has already taken a huge chunk of viewership from traditional television stations. I don't even pay for cable in my dorm since a lot of what I want to watch that premieres on TV tends to end up on Hulu or Netflix shortly thereafter anyway (I have difficulty watching sports, but, there are still ways to pay for that online)

I guess there's always the thrill of watching what other people decide to air, but I just don't think there are enough people that think like that anymore, or ever really thought like that in the first place, for that matter, before online streaming was available

Perhaps it's just me, but I find Netflix cumbersome and clunky to operate, and services like Hulu are the same way.

I'm really busy and want to tune in at random times to watch programming that I may not have known about that FUNimation owns. I also use a computer 20+ hours out of the day and don't like being tied down to a one, simply to watch content.
    Last edited by robert_; 02-13-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riles View Post
    I think the fact that since another online broadcast streaming service has dropped, probably due to low viewership, it doesn't make much sense for a different company to try their hand at it. Neon Alley is shifting from online broadcasting to on-demand streaming, and I think that works out better for everybody

As it stands now, Hulu has already taken a huge chunk of viewership from traditional television stations. I don't even pay for cable in my dorm since a lot of what I want to watch that premieres on TV tends to end up on Hulu or Netflix shortly thereafter anyway (I have difficulty watching sports, but, there are still ways to pay for that online)

I guess there's always the thrill of watching what other people decide to air, but I just don't think there are enough people that think like that anymore, or ever really thought like that in the first place, for that matter, before online streaming was available
    I get your point.

But, as you could tell from other replies, there's still a lot of people don't want to give up on Anime channels.

regardless of where the market is going, as long as there's demand then there should be an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by robert_ View Post
    Perhaps it's just me, but I find Netflix cumbersome and clunky to operate, and services like Hulu are the same way.

I'm really busy and want to tune in at random times to watch programming that I may not have known about that FUNimation owns. I also use a computer 20+ hours out of the day and don't like being tied down to a one, simply to watch content.
    Exactly how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by robert_ View Post
    I agree, an online stream would be awesome. I would pay for that. I had it on FiOS, and then it dropped due to "low participation" or something. I want it back.

But my dad and I are happy otherwise with FiOS, so I don't see us moving, even threatening very soon. But I lobbied hard for FiOS because of it, and now it's gone.

True, there's that on-demand thing, but meh- it's just not the same. But like, if you partnered with like Roku or something to put your 24x7 channel on an Internet device, I'd seriously look at getting one.

Just my two cents.
    FiOS dropping the Funimation Channel was the best thing that happened for me. Because then I found out about the Funimation App on the Roku and tablets. And ever since I have enjoyed watching many, many shows streamed at my leisure. I stream more from Funimation than I do from Netflix. I keep finding new shows to watch so the $8 or so a month it costs has been more than worth it.

Page 2 of 2 << 12