post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!

View Poll Results: Should anime come back on Syfy?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe it should come back.

9 81.82%
  • Toonami's all I need right now.

2 18.18%
Page 2 of 3 << 123 >>
    People still watch anime on TV. But I doubt as many would turn to syfy for it whrn compared to say Toonami or even Nicktoons. Really outside of Toyetic & action shows, most anime probably wouldn't fair well on U.S. TV. Probably why after all these years Funimation Channel still has very limited distribution.
    &nbsp;&nbsp;A WILD MONKEY ENTERS THE FRAY! &nbsp;TOONS N COMIC STUFF HERE!&nbsp;

Star Blazers 2199 would be perfect for Syfy to bring back the anime crowd. Last time, they failed with the original Star Blazers because old animation turned people off. Because 2199 has recently ended its air run in Japan, it would be perfect to bring anime programming back on Syfy.

Star Blazers didn't really fail on Syfy. By the time they had gotten around to airing that the block was pretty much doomed. Wasn't even AniMonday any more. It was just a 2 hour block very late into the evening on a Tuesday night. Just starting at around 1 or 2am eastern time. I honestly wasn't surprised when they supposedly put it on hiatus without any indication when it would return.
    [code]
    <br><br>
    Congrats to Ladd Russo, 2014 Anime Villains Tournament Champion
    <br>[/code]

I remember when they were called "SciFi Network" and the use to show anime moves like the Tenchi movies, Perfect Blue, Project A-ko.
    Then the recent stuff like Monster, Straight Jacket, Rave Master and Gurren Lagann.

They could get away with showing stuff that would be too much for [as] and Toonami, so yeah they should get in the game again

They also aired Tokko. it was well decent but I watched a few episodes.

Well it would be nice to see anime back there again but that channel has become unwatchable
    <br>

SyFy died when it didn't even entertain the idea of picking up American shows that were canned by their networks. Sigh.

I remember that SyFy seemed to have many more commercials than other channels, as well as more commercial breaks. In the time of the DVR that isn't as annoying but it is what drove me away from the channel. It truly was unwatchable.

I wouldn't mind more anime on TV. The goal should be to get to a level like the Original Toonami, but all of these "AniMidnight" styled things that we've had and have are better than nothing. Gundam 00, bad as that show became, would be one of the best things on SyFy if it were on there today.

Maybe the possible anime block would work better on Syfy's sister channel USA Network, given that the channel has no demographic (meaning it can air anything, although most of its programming nowadays are reruns of House, Law & Order NCIS, and CSI).

I highly doubt a network with USA in the name will air any anime. And Yoma brings up a good point, SyFy as a whole arguably isn't that much of a Network anymore.

I say leave the anime to Toonami & Nicktoons, odds are anywhere else then a network known for animation, and it probably wouldn't fair too well.
    &nbsp;&nbsp;A WILD MONKEY ENTERS THE FRAY! &nbsp;TOONS N COMIC STUFF HERE!&nbsp;

That anime block was nice even if most of it was from Manga Entertainment whose taste in anime I don't really care for all that much. Still more anime on TV would be most welcome.

I loved how they aired Monster, which is my favorite series, so kudos to them for that.
    <br>

Page 2 of 3 << 123 >>