post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 26 of 29 << ... 10-->1623242526272829 >>
    Halo 5 baby! I'm Diamond 4 in SWAT.
    If anyone wants to play with me(MINIMUM rank diamond 1) add me and tell me you're from funi.
    GT: Hayato Uchiha

Lots and lots of Splatoon! Taking a break from the current Splatfest.

I finished Tales from the Borderlands. Undeniably Telltale's best series to date. There were some pacing issues - episode 3 kinda dragged, and episode 5 was pretty dense - but it was such a unique blend of action and jokes that will be tough to top in any future Telltale installments

You can really see how much they've learned after several years of these episodic games. Compare Borderlands with the first season of The Walking Dead, and you'll see all kinds of unique camera tricks and musical cues that really bring the game even more to life than before. It absolutely helps that Borderlands is a rich enough universe with still a lot of exposition out there, and I was thrilled that Gearbox gave Telltale a LOT of space to develop a strong, meaningful story that actively impacts the universe directly, such as recurring characters actually dying

Gortys x Loader Bot OTP forever and always

LEGO Jurassic World- the second game that I've got a platinum trophy, next to Jak and Daxter.

Tales of Zestiria (PS4), Sword Art Online: Lost Song (PS4), and Mass Effect 2 (PS3).

Really enjoy/appreciate Sorey and Mikleo's archeology geek-out discussions in Zestiria. Quite interesting to observe and adds an amusing dimension to the presentation of in-game lore.

SAO: Lost Song is much more of an action game compared to Hollow Fragment. However combat is somewhat less fluid than I'd expect (especially when using dual swords), but still fun enough. Flying around is a blast, though combating flying opponents can sometimes be a chore.

Mass Effect 2 is what I've been spending most of my time playing lately though. While I wouldn't consider it one of my favorite games, its still good and one I'd recommend. Do wish there wasn't always a general feeling of approaching doom to the galaxy though. Would kind of like to just explore the various solar systems without the worry that I might be better using my time preparing.

Finished Transformers: Devastation (PS4), and currently playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (Vita).

Transformers was far too short, didn't have nearly enough variety in either usable characters, scenarios or level design, didn't have the most logical/consistent story, and was full of eye-roll inducing dialogue. Yet for all these faults I still couldn't help having a giddy grin nearly the entire time I played. Was pretty much like jumping right into an episode of the show back in the '80s, voice cast and all (where possible). Was super bummed Jazz wasn't in this game, but at least Sideswipe was there. And while I should be happy anytime Grimlock makes an appearance, I didn't think he quite fit in the play-style of this particular game. The difference between easy and normal difficulty was kind of large. Easy was too easy, and normal could sometimes get frustrating (mostly in boss battles). Still, a blast to play.

Given how much I enjoyed and thought of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, I had very high expectations for Trails of Cold Steel, and I'd say its fully met those expectations. Fantastic RPG, takes place in a deep and richly detailed world, and just has all around good story-telling/presentation/pacing. Also interesting to see things from the side of the "evil" empire. While I would happily and eagerly recommend this game, I guess there might be a few demerits I could point out. Though I've not seen the PS3 version for comparison, it would say this game isn't the best showcase for what the Vita is capable of graphically, and also the font is a bit on the small side. Neither I would consider a huge distraction though, and grew used to them quite quickly. I guess the greatest problem with this game is that I'm playing it so much that I'm only getting about half as much sleep as I should. And I need to keep recharging my Vita a ton.

Been having a lot of fun playing Xenoblade Chronicles. There's plenty of side quests, and even without them the main story makes for a pretty lengthy game. The story and characters are pretty good, but the gameplay makes it a lot of fun on its own.

Xenoblade Chronicles(Wii)

I've been using a good chunk of my free time to grind through Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, trying to hit every side quest that I can see. Right now I'm trying to boost the affinity between Melia and Sharla to satisfy a quest for Paola and Narine, but it's a slow go. I could just wait until a certain somebody joins to finish that quest, but that's a ways off and I can work on it while I do other quests.

The Nopon are still adorable.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth