post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 52 of 52 << ... 50-->210-->4249505152

I've switched to something else entirely while I wait.

I'm about 5 or 6 episodes into Speed Grapher. This show is pretty awesome. It's gritty and tough. I love the seediness and overblown sexuality of it. It makes for a nice juxtaposition with Kagura's purity and innocence. Saiga's ruggedness and stoicism with just a hint of vulnerability make him utterly engaging. The cast is spectacular, and the artwork is even better.
    Yeah... I got nothing.&nbsp; Pretend there's something awesomely funny here.

@paige62182 - Speed Grapher is actually one of my top favorite shows, I'm glad you're enjoying it thus far, it is a sadly underrated and under viewed series in the anime community. I've seen the series twice and I agree that it has a stellar cast of characters with a great dynamic, its unique take on superpowers, the overall premise is fresh and new while offering the right dose of the familiar, the execution well done and themes and concepts explored are vast and detailed.

My only major issue is that the animation at times is a little inconsistent; a curse that plagues many of Gonzo's works including some amazing titles such as Welcome to the NHK for example.

Quote Originally Posted by paige62182 View Post
    I love the seediness and overblown sexuality of it. It makes for a nice juxtaposition with Kagura's purity and innocence. Saiga's ruggedness and stoicism with just a hint of vulnerability make him utterly engaging. The cast is spectacular, and the artwork is even better.
    This is a great observation; never thought of it this way.

As for what I've been watching lately, aside from some of the write ups I have in preparation from shows I watched these past couple weeks, I started Kiki's Delivery Service yesterday and will finish it tonight, I've also been revisiting Girls Bravo and I might actually try streaming Flowers of Evil next; we'll see.
    Last edited by neonwalrus; 12-09-2014 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neonwalrus View Post
    I might actually try streaming Flowers of Evil next; we'll see.
    That one is good, but it made me physically uncomfortable at times and is in general a very uneasy and unsettling watch and I can't say I cared very much for it in the end because it's not really the kind of show I find enjoyable. The end of episode 7 (I think that's the right one, it's the classroom scene) is one of my highlights from last year's anime though. Very beautiful scene. It's definitely something that I'd recommend streaming first over just buying.

I watched Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. The ending was exceptionally moving, but there was a lot of fat in the middle that kinda bogged down the narrative. Also, the heavy reliance on CGI people made the whole thing generally ugly to look at

I also watched Blue Spring Ride. Romance that tackled the standard formula for girl-centric romance story a lot more slowly than other shows that have to rush through 12 episodes to get to the love triangles and etc. I loved it a lot, and I've really got my fingers crossed for a season two

Been Watching Log Horizon, awesome anime and it will be added to my collection shortly next to .hack and Sword Art Online.

Parasyte son. Only anime, this current season, that I can't wait for next week.
    Log Horizon as well, Amagi Brilliant Park, Fate/Stay Night UBW and that's about it. I did give up on Akame ga Kill though.
    "Something warmer than hope yet deeper than despair... love."

Right now watching Hajime no Ippo
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.

Watching this season:

Akame ga Kill!
    Akatsuki no Yona (continue to watch in Winter season)
    Amagi Brilliant Park
    Bonjour♪Koiaji Pâtisserie (continue to watch in Winter season)
    Cross Ange (continue to watch in Winter season)
    Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken
    Gugure! Kokkuri-san
    Gundam Build Fighters Try! (continue to watch in Winter season)
    Gundam: G no Reconguista (continue to watch in Winter season)
    Kiseijuu (continue to watch in Winter season)
    Nanatsu no Taizai (continue to watch in Winter season)
    Wolf Girl and Black Prince
    OreFuro (Orenchi)
    Psycho Pass 2
    Your Lie in April (continue to watch in Winter season)
    Shirobako (continue to watch in Winter season)
    Argevollen
    Sword Art Online II
    YowaPeda: Grande Road (continue to watch in Winter season)

Winter Season:

Aldnoah.Zero season 2
    Assassination Classroom
    Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!
    Death Parade
    Durarara!! x2
    Kuroko no Basket Season 3
    Shounen Hollywood season 2
    Tokyo Ghoul season 2

I still only stick to airing anime for the most part cause congestion and speed issues.
    "What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character!"

Ever since Hunter x Hunter ended its run, I haven't had much time to watch anime consistently because of my classes and work. That being said, here are a few titles I've managed to look into recently.

Sherlock Hound - Discotek put this animated classic out on DVD recently, and after seeing only the first episode, I can already tell that I'm going to love the rest. Sherlock Holmes is one of the greatest characters ever created, and this canine-themed version of his exploits stands out as a particularly charming adaptation. Hayao Miyazaki directed a few of the early episodes, and he definitely embedded the show with his trademark creativity.

Pokemon the Series: XY - The newest season of Pokemon might just be the best the series has ever been. It has it all -topnotch kids animation, lovable characters and fun story lines. Even though the show is still following many of its standard formulas, I'm still deriving heaps of enjoyment from its brand of timeless adventuring. The creators have even ratcheted up the romantic hints this time around, giving Ash/Satoshi's latest journey a new layer of engagement.

Tribe Cool Crew - Even compared to Pokemon, Tribe Cool Crew stands out as an extremely cheesy show --and I've been loving every minute of its goofy dancing and whimsical characters. I still have no idea what exactly convinced Sentai to pick it up for a stateside physical release, but they can at least count on one happy costumer.

Letter Bee - How did I not find out about this show until now? It features stunning art direction, a promising shonen premise and bountiful heartwarming moments. If the animated series continues to impress me, I might even have to look into picking up the manga volumes. My wallet certainly won't be happy about ponying up for that new collection. XD
    Last edited by ParkerL; 12-14-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Started Steins;Gate last night. LOVE IT. I need a real Okabe in my life. Most of my friends just look at me weird when I quote Shakespeare. It's really a smart show, and I'm really enjoying all the characters. The innuendo is funny. It sounds like conversations we have in my office.
    Yeah... I got nothing.&nbsp; Pretend there's something awesomely funny here.