post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 68 of 68 << ... 50-->1810-->5865666768
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    xxxHOLiC - I like the content but CLAMP's art style is off-putting. I'm iffy on Watanuki so far but Yuko's pretty cool.
    Aww... I identify pretty strongly with Watanuki, so he was always my favorite. I actually like CLAMP's art style, but it did take some getting used to. I LOVE both the anime and especially the manga. There are some crossovers with other series that I really enjoyed as well.
    Yeah... I got nothing.&nbsp; Pretend there's something awesomely funny here.

Quote Originally Posted by paige62182 View Post
    Aww... I identify pretty strongly with Watanuki, so he was always my favorite.
    I'm only 6 episodes in so it's possible he'll grow on me more. I remember people mentioning that he made an appearance in Blood-C. And CLAMP's works all seem to take place in the same universe, but I haven't seen or read their other stuff yet. I think CLAMP's art looks better in stills than in motion, similar to Takeuchi's original Sailor Moon designs. Their covers for the manga are very pretty.

Currently I am going through Date A Live. My brother is actually going through a phase right now; I have no idea how he got started into watching anime, only that it has happened recently. Anyway, one of the series he has watched is The World God Only Knows. Before he started this series, I told him about Date A Live and how it has a similar premise; at the time I had not watched the series myself. Now I'm going through the series, and I had no idea that the process of saving a Spirit actually played out like a real-life dating sim. I also noticed a few elements that have correlations to Evangelion, most notably the fact that Ratatoskr's symbol has the same basic design as the NERV logo.

Before Date A Live, I went through Baccano! Of all the characters in that series, I really liked the camaraderie between Firo and Maiza. As for current anime, I am following Arslan, Food Wars, and Monster Musume.
    Failure is always an option.

Holy crap! I'm 10 episodes into Noragami, and it's AMAZING. Plenty of humor, but it's got a dark side too. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by paige62182 View Post
    Plenty of humor, but it's got a dark side too.
    This statement may as well make up the majority of Bones's shows. It's not a bad thing mind you but it's definitely a pretty consistent theme for Bones alongside some damn good action and animation.

I also added School-Live to my simulcast season and BOY am I glad I actually checked it out. It's really interesting and worth checking out. Also the girls ARE in fact cute enough to be the reason why you first check it out, and then you see what's underneath and actually get in-depth with what it is. It's damn good thus far and I can't wait to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by classyspartan View Post
    This statement may as well make up the majority of Bones's shows. It's not a bad thing mind you but it's definitely a pretty consistent theme for Bones alongside some damn good action and animation.
    Fair enough. I didn't realize it was a Bones production. I've found I subconsciously gravitate in that direction, though.

Finished Log Horizon season 1 and xxxHOLiC. I loved LH, it hit all of the right notes for me, and now it's been added to my "to buy" list. xxxHOLiC took a while for me to really get into, but once I did I started to really enjoy it. Watanuki is a likable character, he's easy to sympathize with and cheer for. I suspect that Yuko's motive for having him work for her isn't just to pay her for removing his sight but so that she can help Watanuki appreciate his gift.

New this season
    Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
    Non Non Biyori Repeat
    Jitsu wa Watashi wa
    Gangsta
    Himouto! Umaru-chan
    Gakkou Gurashi!
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!
    Prison School
    The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season
    Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX
    Gatchaman Crowds Insight
    Working!!!
    Charlotte
    Ushio to Tora

Sailor Moon Crystal (finally 26 episode)
    Uta no Prince Sama love Revolution
    Magical Angel Creamy Mami ( finish watching through all the episodes since 3 weeks it's a really great old anime)
    Right now I'm Magical Fairy Persia another old anime which it's like watching Creamy Mami but in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    xxHOLiC took a while for me to really get into, but once I did I started to really enjoy it. Watanuki is a likable character, he's easy to sympathize with and cheer for. I suspect that Yuko's motive for having him work for her isn't just to pay her for removing his sight but so that she can help Watanuki appreciate his gift.
    Once you're done with the show, read the manga. It's pretty awesome.